testtest

Springfield firecat

firecat.jpg

I found this on the The-Armory.com Forum in 2007

This is from Springfield Armory's debut of the Firecat at SHOT Show 1992:

The biggest news from Springfield was the introduction of the "R" series pistols. These four guns -- the Panther, the Firecat, the Bobcat and the Lynx -- are based on the Astra automatic pistols, but with a few custom modifications, like Com-mander-style hammers, checkered walnut grips, and low-profile white-dot sights. The Panther comes in 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP; the Firecat is chambered in 9mm and .40S&W; the Bobcat is made for .380ACP; and the Lynx chambers .25 auto.

Triple K shows Astra Model 70 9mm magazines-
Call them to confirm they fit the Springfield

"Here is a rare Springfield Fire Cat Model pistol in 9mm Caliber. There were only 500 of these made in 1990-1991 by Springfield from kits supplied by Astra of Spain."

I see a pattern here...fill in the blanks.

"Here is __________ in ______ Caliber. ....these made in _________ by Springfield from kits supplied by _______ of __________."

:unsure:

Last edited:
I found this on the The-Armory.com Forum in 2007

This is from Springfield Armory's debut of the Firecat at SHOT Show 1992:

The biggest news from Springfield was the introduction of the "R" series pistols. These four guns -- the Panther, the Firecat, the Bobcat and the Lynx -- are based on the Astra automatic pistols, but with a few custom modifications, like Com-mander-style hammers, checkered walnut grips, and low-profile white-dot sights. The Panther comes in 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP; the Firecat is chambered in 9mm and .40S&W; the Bobcat is made for .380ACP; and the Lynx chambers .25 auto.
Sounds more like Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models of cars. from the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Back