testtest

Best concealed carry hostlers? Preferably the waist band

My Winter carry is a Ruger CMD 45. I went with a soft bull hide IWB holster. It was made for a full size 5" 1911 and the end of the slide would stick out a little. I didn't want that so this works for me, not having the end of the barrel protrude from the holster. It is really comfortable and retains the pistol with just enough tension. Relentless Tactical. Made in America.

IWB holster.jpg

My Winter carry is a Ruger CMD 45. I went with a soft bull hide IWB holster. It was made for a full size 5" 1911 and the end of the slide would stick out a little. I didn't want that so this works for me, not having the end of the barrel protrude from the holster. It is really comfortable and retains the pistol with just enough tension. Relentless Tactical. Made in America.

View attachment 34979
Nice 1911 and holster...:)

A guy I knew in high school made me a holster for a CZ-75 P07 Duty I owned. I sold the firearm but the holster works great for my S&W EZ 9 mm. Typically on a smaller pistol like the EZ, I'll wear it inside the pants but it's nice to give it some air once in a while..:) I also have a similar colored outside the pants holster for a S&W 638 Bodyguard I sometimes carry...:)

Attachments

• CantuHolster_20230112.jpg
    CantuHolster_20230112.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 96

Attachments

• 33FB8DF9-35E4-4026-BD92-4B124D98D6E6.jpeg
    33FB8DF9-35E4-4026-BD92-4B124D98D6E6.jpeg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 93
I just recently bought my first firearm. Bought a XD-9 subcompact do plan on conceal carrying therefore I’d like to hear your personal suggestions on what has worked best with you guys. I’m still pretty new to gun knowledge and learn things everyday. thanks

I just recently bought my first firearm. Bought a XD-9 subcompact do plan on conceal carrying therefore I’d like to hear your personal suggestions on what has worked best with you guys. I’m still pretty new to gun knowledge and learn things everyday. thanks
Check out a company called Rounded, formerly Concealment Express. Very good IWB & OWB kydex options. I have two.

I prefer the types of holsters that retain the opening in order to re-holster without having to struggle with a holster that has collapsed around the mouth.

The example(s) below are the Milt Sparks Excecutives Companion rigs, I like these as they have a wider footprint that molds across my hips and have a metal reinforced opening which aids in re-holstering.

Milt-Sparks-Executives-Companion-Beveled.jpg

View attachment 34979

After spending a small fortune in pursuit of a suitable AIWB rig for my 6’2”, 240 lb frame with a slight to moderate bulge in the mid-section, I gave up and went back to strong side carry employing a “Simply Rugged” OWB Cuda pancake holster for my PX4 Storm Compact Carry 9mm and couldn’t be happier! Now if I can just find a Sucker (I meant Buyer) to take that $175 Tier1 Kydex AWIB rig, that’s lying dormant on my work bench, I’ll be tickled to death! You wouldn’t know anyone with potential would you 🤔?

20221029_171921.jpg

I have Sciatica. I prefer outside the waistband. I get my holsters from Kramer Leather.

20220206_120256.jpg

Better picture.

I've told this story before but a few years ago I decided to invest in a quality leather holster. I went and asked a friend of mine who was a retired cop and who I knew carried every single day and (obviously) whose opinion I respected.

He recommended Kramer Leather. He was also wearing his Kramer Leather holster when I asked him so I got a chance to look at it and I saw that it would suit my needs so I ordered one. Long story short I got it, I was satisfied with it and I decided to order two more so that I had a Kramer leather holster for all of my carry guns.

I know that there are other holster makers who make holsters as good or maybe better than Kramer but I'm satisfied with what I have so I quit looking.

Nice looking rig! It’s the same pancake style holster that I have recently adopted and use on a daily basis for “in town” carry. Mine is produced by Simply Rugged and features a “flab guard” or what others refer to as a sweat guard, which keeps the pistol off the body, more to the point, it prevents the sights from digging into your body. I tried to like the AIWB style holsters, I have spent a fortune on them in fact in personal experimentation, and still frequently use a Philster Enigma rig with my workout clothes. For that particular purpose, I’ve found nothing better. However, after years of practice sessions and competitive shooting sporting a strong side, vertical holster, nothing else provides as natural a draw stroke, or as comfortable a carry position for me, as does the strong side setup.

Attachments

• E6B6E098-EE59-47C0-BE4A-1DFAEEAC5306.jpeg
    E6B6E098-EE59-47C0-BE4A-1DFAEEAC5306.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • 5EAF729E-D6D6-49D3-A07C-85F33500E19E.jpeg
    5EAF729E-D6D6-49D3-A07C-85F33500E19E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
I just tried a new holster from CYA Supply for a s&w equalizer. I carry inside the waistband behind my right hip and it works well for me. It’s well made, the material is formed around the mag release to prevent bumping it and dropping the mag out and it gives a very positive click when the gun is holstered. I like it better than some other brands I have and will probably be ordering another one soon. Price is pretty reasonable and they have a 30 day trial and a lifetime warranty.

I forgot to mention. Along with a good holster, make sure you get a good quality gun belt. I’ve carried with regular belts and they sag too much. I have a good leather carry belt that has the one inch spaced holes and I found it to work except for needing a hole in between the existing holes. It’s probably thick enough to punch another hole but instead I tried a ratchet type holster from Kore Essentials. It seems to be pretty good and I really like the 1/4 inch adjustments. I purchased the x2 black leather gunmetal buckle from Charter Tactical. If it still works they had a discount code WELCOMES1 for 20% off.

interestingly enough, I too love tooled leather gun belts; however, I have been absolutely frustrated by the fact that they do not have a sufficient number of adjustment holes on them! When I rig up for carry or competition, they are invariably too loose or too tight 😡. Consequently, I moved on to a 1 3/4”, infinitely adjustable, Rigger’s belt…it works…it’s not pretty or fashionable, but it works. It’s fine for my day-to-day, but completely lacking for casual/dress wear. I need a tooled leather belt! So, this morning I ran across a most impressive website for such and have initiated a conversation with the owner regarding my dilemma. Maybe there’s hope yet!

Good luck sorting though all these but I'll add 1 more. Alien gear makes a shape shift that you can swap out shells for different guns and the holster is super comfortable IWB. You can also buy their core carry pack and have 4 different holster options for your gun. Definitely take a look at these guys.

Good luck sorting though all these but I'll add 1 more. Alien gear makes a shape shift that you can swap out shells for different guns and the holster is super comfortable IWB. You can also buy their core carry pack and have 4 different holster options for your gun. Definitely take a look at these guys.
Exactly what I run for IWB and OWB on 9mm’s and my .45’s

20220211_122941.jpg

Safariland 578 GLS.

This is a level 1 retention holster. I bought it for my last security assignment I paid $51 for it plus shipping and it was worth every penny.

Here is a video description

Now that I'm retired I use this holster for hiking and I use it as a range holster because I can adjust it for either of my Glocks or my Smith & Wesson M&P9.

I was also very surprised how low of the profile this holster has. It has as low a profile as my Kramer holsters do and conceals just as well.

It's listed as a "retention" holster but it's really not any more retention than having a thumb break on the holster. If you grab the grip of the gun you unlock the retention feature.

Like I said I bought it for my last assignment, specifically because it's a paddle holster and I could take it on and off my belt without having to unbuckle my belt.

My last assignment was checking closed businesses and low-income housing in the middle of the night. If I interacted with three people in the course of the night it was a lot. I do not consider this to be a retention holster and I would never use it as a duty holster someplace where I was encountering a lot of people all the time.

Last edited:
Back