testtest

Review: Heckler & Koch USP — Universal Self-Loading Pistol

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Mine will never leave my stable.
I had the .45 as well, if I come across another .45 I'll have one again.
Like the Energizer bunny they just never stop. I've personally never experienced a stoppage on mine, no stove pipe, no FTF or FTE. Damn fine pistols!

Same here. My primary carry gun for 4 or 5 years was a P2000SK (still have it) and the pistol in my carry bag over the passenger seat has a P30L. Never any kind of failure from either with many different types of ammo.
I'd get the USP .45. Probably as Hans said the Expert or Tactical.

I've never really been a 9mm guy, but the 2 HKs I own have changed that. I almost always have that P30L on me these days. I shoot that thing very well.

I’ve got….

13 USP’s. Only caliber I don’t have is a .357 (had a USPC .357 barrel for a while that I ran in my .40, but I let it go. True .357’s are unicorns now, and command ridiculous premiums…which means I’ll end up getting one eventually.

I need a couple others to round out the collection; an Elite (any caliber) would be nice, as would a .45 Compact Tactical…then probably a true 9mm Tactical to replace my home brewed Tactical/SD hybrid.

I just love how bombproof they are.

6" Elite ? Now you really got my attention.
7EFB7425-EE70-4DAA-8E39-2F39FD0A4D51.jpeg

Not mine…but I do really, really want one.

I believe the 9mm’s come with the “Jet Funnel” magwell and 18rd mags; the .45’s would have 10 or 12’s (no jet funnel option for the .45).

View attachment 37833
Not mine…but I do really, really want one.

I believe the 9mm’s come with the “Jet Funnel” magwell and 18rd mags; the .45’s would have 10 or 12’s (no jet funnel option for the .45).
The next pistol I buy will be another .45. The last 3 were 9MMs and I never had a 9MM before that. I think I'm good on 9s. That 6" is long. The trigger variants with the USPs are confusing too. I think I could be happy with an Elite. Does that one have it's own type of trigger because all the info I see just says adjustable match trigger ?

The next pistol I buy will be another .45. The last 3 were 9MMs and I never had a 9MM before that. I think I'm good on 9s. That 6" is long. The trigger variants with the USPs are confusing too. I think I could be happy with an Elite. Does that one have it's own type of trigger because all the info I see just says adjustable match trigger ?

The upgraded USP’s—Elite, Expert, Match, and Tactical—all come with Match triggers. They’re almost always V1–DA/SA with safety & decocker on the left (right-handed shooter setup).

The Match trigger is pretty nice; a little lighter DA, a little lighter & crisper SA, and adjustable for over travel. I have found they do need to be shot in (or dry fired) for a couple hundred rounds before they get really nice.

As for the variants…I’d wager 90% of USP’s are released as V1; of that other 10%, the majority will be V3 (decock only, right hand shooter) and LEM (preloaded/light DAO).

It’s very unusual to see the even variants (left hand shooter) come that way from the factory…and I’ve never seen a factory V5 or V9, and only a couple of V7’s (DAO).
4C95D8DE-FECB-4B8E-9FD7-5E06B889B800.png

Last edited:
Back