testtest

Girshan MC 14

i stand by what i said, i never saw such a gun that the barrel tips, and to me, it's a joke.

it's not normal...as in, how many are actually made by each manufacturer.???

there are guns like i said the S&W EZ that can serve just as well, if not better.

and in the Paul Harrell video, and if i recall, he did mention to count your rounds, as to not run out, and have nothing happen when you insert the new mag, thinking the slide is closed on a full chamber.

as for "sensitivity", i got it, but not when i see something as a joke,
Lol whatever you say

Tipping the barrel is only used when NOT UNDER DURESS. Under duress you simply load exactly like any other pistol. It's really nothing new. Most loads under duress are performed from a locked back slide, in which case you simply exchange mag and hit slide release, unless you are performing an an executive reload where you are removing a partially spent magazine for a full one. In which case the chamber is already loaded, no reason to manipulate the slide at all.

Its actually a system that has been around a long time. Beretta has used it on various models, still do.

There are a lot of people who simply have issues with most pistol slides, not sure why that is hard to understand. If there was no market do you actually think companies would make models designed to aleviate it?

Sadly arthritis and other ailments areall to real for many. My wife's wrists are now bone on bone, cartilage has gone and she is in constant pain from it. She is one of the people who could benefit from this type system. It would help her load in the vast majority of situations, yes, a stoppage would have to have the slide manipulated manually, but pain one time in a 1000 is better thsn every time.

It's not a joke, trust me I hope you do not find yourself in such a position, you will not find it so funny.
I believe the Tom cat is a flip barrel

I won’t say a S&W is better, there track record isn’t all that great, like it was said Beretta has been making tip up barrels for many years, Taurus did also at one time, it’s not a joke, if you ever handled one you would be amazed, just cause you don’t understand the design doesn’t make it a joke, I don’t know how long you have been into firearms, I have over 40 years with them, only joke gun I ever saw was any High Point.
only since january of 2020.

like i said, under a stressful situation, you gonna ask the perp to wait a few minutes while you fumble around looking for the cartridge to place into the barrell and then shoot? or just start shooting, cuz there is already 1 in the chamber?

if one has arthritis, having the gun fully loaded (1 already in the chamber like a normal gun) how can that person grasp a round rolling around in her purse, or his pocket fast enough before the perp attacks.???

how fast did Barney Fife find his lone cartridge, in his shirt pocket, cooly and calmly..????

i think it's a joke of a gun to use if for self defense. ok to maybe use at the range.

yeah, i agree, the Hi Points are yet another joke.

hey, we have people that like Hardly-Depedables, over Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, people who love thier Fords, over a Dodge, or Chevy.

i'd not be a buyer a flip top barrell.......a joke of a gun

like i said, under a stressful situation, you gonna ask the perp to wait a few minutes while you fumble around looking for the cartridge to place into the barrell and then shoot? or just start shooting, cuz there is already 1 in the chamber?

if one has arthritis, having the gun fully loaded (1 already in the chamber like a normal gun) how can that person grasp a round rolling around in her purse, or his pocket fast enough before the perp attacks.???

how fast did Barney Fife find his lone cartridge, in his shirt pocket, cooly and calmly..????

i think it's a joke of a gun to use if for self defense. ok to maybe use at the range.

hey, we have people that like Hardly-Depedables, over Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, people who love thier Fords, over a Dodge, or Chevy.

You just keep the gun loaded, round in the chamber and full magazine, what’s the joke, or do you not believe in keeping a loaded chamber and a full magazine, then under stress you rack the slide to load the gun, that my friend is the joke.

You are making a joke, right? IF you go around with an empty chamber thrmen yes, it might be less thsn ideal.

However, few people go out and about with a pistol and an unloaded chamber. Having thmo chamber a round after drawing in an emergency Is simply one of the slowest methods to engage an adversary. Most load rhe chamber before leaving thier house. I'm a nice calm controlled manner

IF you load the chamber before leaving the house the tip up barrel makes all the sense in the world. You can load the chamber with a loaded magazine in the pistol WITHOUT HAVING TO RACK the slide. This also gives you an extra round as no round comes from the magazine.

Then in a given defensive action draw pistol, release safety, press trigger. no fumbling needed. Period end of story.

You are making a joke, right? IF you go around with an empty chamber thrmen yes, it might be less thsn ideal.

However, few people go out and about with a pistol and an unloaded chamber. Having thmo chamber a round after drawing in an emergency Is simply one of the slowest methods to engage an adversary. Most load rhe chamber before leaving thier house. I'm a nice calm controlled manner

IF you load the chamber before leaving the house the tip up barrel makes all the sense in the world. You can load the chamber with a loaded magazine in the pistol WITHOUT HAVING TO RACK the slide. This also gives you an extra round as no round comes from the magazine.

Then in a given defensive action draw pistol, release safety, press trigger. no fumbling needed. Period end of story.
look at the video i posted.

the gal has her gun in the pocketbook.

she then pulls the gun out, flips the barrell, and loads the chamber...

what are her chances of survival, and why didn't she leave her house with a loaded chamber, like you say..???

clearly, she was headed for the range, "what if" she had an issue on the way there...??

"oh wait you brute of a thug, i gotta load the chamber, then shoot you".........

Then it's simply a matter of a poorly executed video, that is not how it is normally used. Surely in all of your years you have seen products used poorly before, especially guns in movies and tv. You really do not think a colt Saa can shoot 32 times without being reloaded like in the movies That's a user/director error not a design error.

look at the video i posted.

the gal has her gun in the pocketbook.

she then pulls the gun out, flips the barrell, and loads the chamber...

what are her chances of survival, and why didn't she leave her house with a loaded chamber, like you say..???

clearly, she was headed for the range, "what if" she had an issue on the way there...??

"oh wait you brute of a thug, i gotta load the chamber, then shoot you".........
Well, that’s her own fault for going out with an empty chamber, enough said! The tip up design is not meant for a quick reload like your thinking, it’s designed for some who don’t have the hand strength to manipulate the slide, so they just tip the barrel, load there chamber, then insert there full mag, same as inserting a full mag and racking the slide. You’re making a mountain out of a mole hill by not fully understanding the design of this gun.

Ok, stop.

I’ve said it several times, it would be really nice if you paid attention to this:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TIP UP THE BARREL WHEN YOU RELOAD.

Let me say it again, because you missed it the first few times I’ve said it:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TIP UP THE BARREL TO RELOAD.

You really need to cool your preconceptions, and listen to folks who have been around firearms for, literally DECADES longer than you have.

Ok, stop.

I’ve said it several times, it would be really nice if you paid attention to this:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TIP UP THE BARREL WHEN YOU RELOAD.

Let me say it again, because you missed it the first few times I’ve said it:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TIP UP THE BARREL TO RELOAD.

You really need to cool your preconceptions, and listen to folks who have been around firearms for, literally DECADES longer than you have.
WHEN DO YOU WANT ME TO STOP..?????

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

I dont see how this concept would be a joke.
Tip up barrels have been around forever in shotguns.
The classic “over/under” and even a single shot break open shotgun or rifle.
This pistol just so happens to have a large capacity mag to go with it.

Ok, done with this. He is simply being deliberately obtuse and or simply not reading the actual posts, or ignoring what is said.

The reloading processes of the pistol and use of the tip up barrel have been explained ad nauseum, and he is choosing to ignore.
not ignoring, just saying it is a dumbass idea.

but hey, you go buy one, or 2, or 3......

I dont see how this concept would be a joke.
Tip up barrels have been around forever in shotguns.
The classic “over/under” and even a single shot break open shotgun or rifle.
This pistol just so happens to have a large capacity mag to go with it.
comparing apples to oranges. 1 is a shotgun, the other is a pistol.

Breakover pistols have been around for many years, not a bad idea for someone that can't pull a slide back. most of us can't understand why somebody couldn't. but as i grow older i totally understand, old arther gets a grip on the hands and makes it difficult to do a lot of things. opening jars is a lot harder than it used to be. a lot of women have trouble racking a slide. some of them are pretty hard to do.

Back