testtest

What Is the Best Belt for EDC?

Most folks have no friggin clue what 5.11 is or represents. I know a ton of outdoorsman that love hiking and camping , own no guns and wear 5.11 all the time. Just like Merrells footwear. Academy sports and outdoors sells 5.11.
Lots of folks buy them in Texas like any other cargo pant.

So conversely, does that mean Magellen fish long sleeve thin shirts scream redneck in a dodge ??
Dude, that’s false. They may not know the brand but they know what cops wear.

Dude, that’s false. They may not know the brand but they know what cops wear.
Here’s me in my cop gear and my unmarked cop car.

0CC0FD78-9ADD-45F2-89FB-AC5D836645C0.jpeg

I use 511 belts for edc. Only reason is a salesman for their company gave me 3 of em for free at a trade show. Other than that a friend of mine has a gun shop and started leatherworking on the side and I have a few of what he calls plain jane gun belts and they seem to be working out for me. Just my two cents....

Most folks have no friggin clue what 5.11 is or represents. I know a ton of outdoorsman that love hiking and camping , own no guns and wear 5.11 all the time. Just like Merrells footwear. Academy sports and outdoors sells 5.11.
Lots of folks buy them in Texas like any other cargo pant.
If your method of concealmeant is predicated on other people not noticing you need to change it. People do notice
It's also been my experience that the people who are most likely to notice are the very people you don't want to notice.

I remember reading a couple of posts from some idiot who claimed to pick people who he thought were carrying out of a crowd partially based on tells like those clips and give them a ration over it. I don't need drama like that in my life.

I've said this before but two security companies have issued me 5.11s as uniforms. CSPD wears them and the El Paso County Sheriff's detective unit wears them. There's a line in the discussion on Glocktalk that I think is really true.

"Cops and criminals notice people that dress like cops."

A criminal might not be able to tell you those are "5.11 Stryke pants." but I bet they can tell you that cops wear those.

Last edited:
Non Gun folks dont pay attention to that stuff. Not all 5.11 gear is blue and black.
The other colors are no different than Wrangler work pants. All look the same.
my Deluth Trading company “hiking” pants and my 5.11 are damn near identical
If you think hood rats can't pick a cop out by the clothes he wears you are sadly mistaken brother. Meth heads and run of the mill scumbags can too.

That’s why I stay away from the hood.
Yeah, but the hood rats don't always stay in the hood.

I need to clarify. I am not saying there's anything inherently wrong with dressing like a cop. I'm just pointing out that if you get your pants from 5.11 or Viktos there's a good chance people are going to mistake you for either a cop, a wannabe cop, a soldier, wannabe soldier or some other variation of armed person.

If your method of concealmeant is predicated on other people not noticing you need to change it. People do notice
It's also been my experience that the people who are most likely to notice are the very people you don't want to notice.

I remember reading a couple of posts from some idiot who claimed to pick people who he thought were carrying out of a crowd partially based on tells like those clips and give them a ration over it. I don't need drama like that in my life.

I've said this before but two security companies have issued me 5.11s as uniforms. CSPD wears them and the El Paso County Sheriff's detective unit wears them. There's a line in the discussion on Glocktalk that I think is really true.

"Cops and criminals notice people that dress like cops."

A criminal might not be able to tell you those are "5.11 Stryke pants." but I bet they can tell you that cops wear those.
If you think hood rats can't pick a cop out by the clothes he wears you are sadly mistaken brother. Meth heads and run of the mill scumbags can too.
Ya’ll..
way overthink stuff
So everyone in 5.11 has a gun

Guess I’ll leave all the racial stereotypes out of those who think 5.11 wear is a cop

So Wranglers mean you own a truck and cattle.

Shall we go into the cars people see you drive and the shoes you wear…

I’m in Texas , we assume EVERYONE has a gun …

O M F G !!

Yeah, but the hood rats don't always stay in the hood.

I need to clarify. I am not saying there's anything inherently wrong with dressing like a cop. I'm just pointing out that if you get your pants from 5.11 or Viktos there's a good chance people are going to mistake you for either a cop, a wannabe cop, a soldier, wannabe soldier or some other variation of armed person.
Sooooo… your point is what ?
Maybe if they think you’re a cop they wont jack with you.. guess that could be a good thing

All the hood rats know each other ? lol

My point is exactly what I said in the first place, which you all disagreed with. Guys decked out in 5.11 gear look like cops. I think my exact sentence that started this exchange was " So you like to look like a cop".

Then I clarified it by saying there's nothing wrong with that, you do you pahdna.

Sorry if you're offended by it. It's still true.

People want to do what they want to do and if what they want to do isn't Best Practices they will find a way to justify it.

I don't know if wearing 5.11 (or similar Tac Couture) is guaranteed to get you noticed I do know it's guaranteed to get you noticed by me.

I went to a job interview at focus on the family one morning When I walked into the building a young guy approached me and asked me if there was anything he could do to help me.

I turned around to ask the guy where do I find office 101 or whatever the office number was. The first thing I noticed when I turned around is that he was wearing a rigger belt and then I saw clips from a tuckable holster on his belt. then I noticed he was wearing 5.11 Tac Pants.

The job I was applying for happened to be armed security and during the interview I asked if I was going to be wearing a uniform like the security guard who approached me when I walked through the door.

They were very curious as to how I knew the guy was a security guard so I told them.

I've never heard of anyone being targeted specifically because they were wearing the Tactical Tuxedo but you'll never catch me wearing it.

Going back to the original topic, I have worn a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch Instructor Belt for 15 years.

I actually still have the first one I bought and wore under my duty belt at work. It's still sturdy enough to use as a carry belt.

The only draw back to the WT belt is that it looks like a gun belt. In my case that isn't so much an issue because the way I dress my belt isn't visible anyway

Back