testtest

Federal Suppressor Ban Introduced

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Two federal lawmakers last week reintroduced legislation to ban and confiscate suppressors nationwide.

U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), and Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ-12) last Thursday brought back to Capitol Hill what’s known as the “HEAR Act.”

Along with the sweeping ban, the HEAR Act would (per the press release):

• Authorize a buyback program for silencers using Byrne JAG grants;
  • Provide individuals with a 90-day grace period after the date of enactment for individuals to comply with the ban;
  • Provide limited exceptions for certain current and former law enforcement personnel, for certain Atomic Energy personnel and purpose, and for certain authorized testing or experimentation.
Not surprisingly, the legislation is backed by a collection of the usual suspects.

Senate cosponsors include, Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Alex Padilla (D-Calif.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Cory Booker (D-New Jersey), and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.).

And, in the House of Representatives, cosponsors include Reps. Jasmine Crockett (D-Texas-30), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.-12), Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.), Wiley Nickel (D-N.C.-13), Glenn Ivey (D-Md.-04), Barbara Lee (D-Calif.-12), and Adriano Espaillat (D-N.Y.-13).

what gets me, is why "former" law enforcement get to keep theirs.??

once retired from being a LEO, you are a private citizen in my book, and don't deserve any special privileges.

same here with our 10 rd magazine ban......former cops can have (more than 10 rds) , and military..too..???

what a bunch of crock.

what gets me, is why "former" law enforcement get to keep theirs.??

once retired from being a LEO, you are a private citizen in my book, and don't deserve any special privileges.

same here with our 10 rd magazine ban......former cops can have (more than 10 rds) , and military..too..???

what a bunch of crock.
How about the fact there is an exception for the Atomic Energy commission.. WTF is up with that ? 🤔🤔🧐

How about the fact there is an exception for the Atomic Energy commission.. WTF is up with that ? 🤔🤔🧐
iu

Two federal lawmakers last week reintroduced legislation to ban and confiscate suppressors nationwide.

U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), and Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ-12) last Thursday brought back to Capitol Hill what’s known as the “HEAR Act.”

Along with the sweeping ban, the HEAR Act would (per the press release):

• Authorize a buyback program for silencers using Byrne JAG grants;
  • Provide individuals with a 90-day grace period after the date of enactment for individuals to comply with the ban;
  • Provide limited exceptions for certain current and former law enforcement personnel, for certain Atomic Energy personnel and purpose, and for certain authorized testing or experimentation.
Not surprisingly, the legislation is backed by a collection of the usual suspects.

Senate cosponsors include, Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Alex Padilla (D-Calif.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Cory Booker (D-New Jersey), and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.).

And, in the House of Representatives, cosponsors include Reps. Jasmine Crockett (D-Texas-30), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.-12), Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.), Wiley Nickel (D-N.C.-13), Glenn Ivey (D-Md.-04), Barbara Lee (D-Calif.-12), and Adriano Espaillat (D-N.Y.-13).

How did the ever thoughtful and reasoned members of the Goon Squad miss this? Or maybe it isn't quite anti-Semitic enough for their support.

I know I’m not the only one to see the irony in the name of the bill/ban……..

(Hearing Protection Act)

I don’t have a need or desire to own a silencer but honestly don’t they help to protect the hearing of recreational shooters?

I know preaching to the choir…….

I understand that certain/all anti gun groups want to disarm law abiding citizens, however this is nonsense.

Back