testtest

Worst shipper in the world

Belt Fed

Hellcat
Fedx has my vote. can't tell you how many packages of mine they have lost over the years and delayed. they hardly ever deliver on the day they say. Got one that has been in the same place for six days now. now what really is bad is this package come through my state and pretty close to where i live and taken back out of state where it sits in Mississippi now

Not the first time they have done this either. why would you bring a package close and then take it back out of state. makes no sense. Are they hiring crack heads to drive? who knows. but UPS is getting near as bad. last delivery from them they dropped my package off at the neighbors and took off with him shouting this is not mine. but he brought it over to me. Fedx has dropped many a package off here that wasn't mine. one guy i was telling him it don't go here and he argues, look at the address and i said yeah it's not this one. not even close to this one.

I've watched fedx drivers throw packages on people's porches and i mean a good ways. if there was stuff in there to break, it broke.
OK, my little rant is over.

Gonna have to go with USPS in my experience. Total junkshow.

Haven't had many problems with Fed-Ex or UPS, and I get a fair number of packages from them. In fact, USPS is so bad in my area, that if it's something important I'll pay extra to have it shipped via FE or UPS because I know I'll actually get it.

Gotta agree with Hammer67. USPS actually opened my package, took the contents, and put in a bag saying "we apologize for the damaged package". And "damage"?. The shipping bag was CUT open. Neve trust USPS after that. I will pay extra for UPS, FEDEX, even DHL.

From my experiences Fed Ex (Express) is solid.
The problem is Fed Ex Ground and Home Delivery.
They are not Fed Ex Employees. They are contractors that are usually paid a flat days pay for whomever has the contract in your area.
Here it is 120 bucks a day. Which if you work a set number of hours is fine; 12,16,18 hours they are getting hosed.
The problem is They (contract holders) load them down supper heavy, the drivers end up working 5 am till as late as 9, 10, 11pm. At 120 bucks a day, it just ain’t worth it. They get burned out and as a result packages go undelivered.

USPS has absolutely No accountability. They are union gov workers and it shows.
Here the postmaster on weekends frequently scans packages delivered but they are actually sitting in post office waiting till they can actually get them delivered.
They scan the packages as being delivered to keep from getting “dinged”.
My wife has had multiple packages cut open , contents taken or just not delivered too. Sounds like mail fraud to me.
I’ve contacted my Representative about this and nothing ever gets done.
UPS (Big brown) has always been reliable.
No complaints with them.
USPS and Fed Ex ground blow and swallow. Just my opinion.

From my experiences Fed Ex (Express) is solid.
The problem is Fed Ex Ground and Home Delivery.
They are not Fed Ex Employees. They are contractors that are usually paid a flat days pay for whomever has the contract in your area.
Here it is 120 bucks a day. Which if you work a set number of hours is fine; 12,16,18 hours they are getting hosed.
The problem is They (contract holders) load them down supper heavy, the drivers end up working 5 am till as late as 9, 10, 11pm. At 120 bucks a day, it just ain’t worth it. They get burned out and as a result packages go undelivered.

USPS has absolutely No accountability. They are union gov workers and it shows.
Here the postmaster on weekends frequently scans packages delivered but they are actually sitting in post office waiting till they can actually get them delivered.
They scan the packages as being delivered to keep from getting “dinged”.
My wife has had multiple packages cut open , contents taken or just not delivered too. Sounds like mail fraud to me.
I’ve contacted my Representative about this and nothing ever gets done.
UPS (Big brown) has always been reliable.
No complaints with them.
USPS and Fed Ex ground blow and swallow. Just my opinion.
this is true about FedEx Ground.

decades ago, i worked for RPS (Roadway Package Systems)....i worked for the company, and got paid $75 a day for either trailer work or package deliveries. if an owner-operator was out sick or needed a day off, the company sent me to do his route, at $75 for the day, and they loaded up his truck to the gills..most o/o's only delivered 70-75 packages a day.

they loaded me up to 150-200 stops.......i never made it past 50.......stops.......cuz they route was always in
Bum-F-MASSACHUSETTS or Commieneticut........

but when i'd have to fill in..?? the RPS supervisors loaded up those trucks till the burst at the seams.

many times, an o/o would pay me, which was great.

others were Richard Craniums and could care less i busted my butt for thier route.

later after i quit which is another story for another day...

FedEx Corp bought out RPS, and carried on with owner-operators.......and renamed it...FedEx Ground.

and true too, i can be "promised" a delivery day............but that always gets changed........

this is true about FedEx Ground.

decades ago, i worked for RPS (Roadway Package Systems)....i worked for the company, and got paid $75 a day for either trailer work or package deliveries. if an owner-operator was out sick or needed a day off, the company sent me to do his route, at $75 for the day, and they loaded up his truck to the gills..most o/o's only delivered 70-75 packages a day.

they loaded me up to 150-200 stops.......i never made it past 50.......stops.......cuz they route was always in
Bum-F-MASSACHUSETTS or Commieneticut........

but when i'd have to fill in..?? the RPS supervisors loaded up those trucks till the burst at the seams.

many times, an o/o would pay me, which was great.

others were Richard Craniums and could care less i busted my butt for thier route.

later after i quit which is another story for another day...

FedEx Corp bought out RPS, and carried on with owner-operators.......and renamed it...FedEx Ground.

and true too, i can be "promised" a delivery day............but that always gets changed........
I remember RPS. Not sure how the small guys were ever able to stay above water with having to buy and maintain their own trucks.
I worked with Fed Express for a number of years. It was a great part time gig and I enjoyed it.

While I've had some issues with all of them my vote goes to the Post Office. Some of my packages have been on a US vacation hitting most of the big cities before showing up at my house. Also have had the package be 20 miles away and then get sent out of state again. The unfortunate deal is that my mail carrier and I have become good friends. We both are interested in Old West and American history so we trade books with one another. I have told him of the crazy routes of my packages from the tracking, he shakes his head.

By far the worst in my experience are these ridiculous hybrid services like "Smartpost" (ironically-named), where a carrier like UPS gets a package halfway to you, and then it sits around for several days before being handed off to USPS to ship it the rest of the way. I curse the person who ever came up with that idea.

I remember RPS. Not sure how the small guys were ever able to stay above water with having to buy and maintain their own trucks.
I worked with Fed Express for a number of years. It was a great part time gig and I enjoyed it.
this was dependant on how many stops the o/o made each day. as you know, the minimum for anything, doesn;t get one much cash.

the more stops, the more per stop pay they got.

many were making thier own repairs, unless it was a big job that was going to take days, then they had a real shop work on them. if an o/o had no truck due to a break down, then he had to rent either a spare RPS truck, or from a rental company.

it's like anything else trucking related......when you buy, lease or rent from the employer, they got you by the short hairs.

one has to buy using cash or a bank loan, to be free of the tyranny of managements whims.

In my experience, UPS (big brown) is the absolute bottom dweller. Our house number at three locations, surname at two locations, and on-board navigation software can't seem to nix their penchant for errant service. Thankfully, the remaining major carriers perform well. Our current USPS driver is good as gold.

I get regular shipments that are sent Smart Post essentially FEDEx hands off to the USPS for the final leg and delivery. Another was Ship Buddies (?) like Amazon that are fulfillment centers. These add days to ordinarily 2-3 day ground services.

Tracking USPS, UPS, FEDEx are quite accurate, at times can be off by a day or two. There have been instances for me when Tracking gives a delivery date and then updates the tracking to later day. Some of this is on the originating Shipper and not the Delivery agent. But so far nothing has yet to be lost or stolen. I make certain to be home when I’m expecting important stuff.

My current peeve - all claim to allow customers to designate drop off areas (back door, side door, neighbor, etc) when you create an account and make a request. Not sure if this is permanent or a one-time deal.
Fedex has been leaving stuff at the door step in open view, makes no effort to hide small packages behind a large planter box. They notify you when delivery is made and send you a picture of it sitting there exposed to tempt every passing scoundrel.

I got to know the UPS driver and mail carrier so they’re on board with my designated package drop. FedEx is elusive and seen different drivers all the time.

IMG_3219.jpeg

USPS here is the worst. They hire the brain dead, uneducated, and just plain stupid people. They also do not understand numbers. If the 300lb women has to get out of the truck and take more than 3 steps she's out of breath! Absolutely the worst! Might as well go to the blind and deaf school to hire workers--probably better service.

DHL for us as we get meds from express scripts and they use dhl to deliver them to USPS across the street
USPS and DHL are freaking horrible

fedex here is hit or miss them seem to go through drivers
UPS ..we have had same delivery guy for years and he puts stuff on the porch and even says howdy

Fedx has had my package in Mississippi since the 14th, still there. UPS is usually pretty good here, even though i am about the last delivery on their route and they don't get here before 7 pm. USPS has it's ups and downs, depends on the carrier. the one we have now is pretty good. the last one wasn't worth a crap. i got other peoples mail all the time and i'm sure they got mine. Fedx has always been horrible here, don't know why just here but they suck bad.

what i find funny, and not in the humorous way at all, is that when i don't have any UPS packages coming, there are several UPS trucks all day long in my neighborhood.

but, when i am tracking a package to be delivered..??

no UPS trucks to be found, until "end of day", which here can be as late as 9 PM....since it is a "home delivery"

the letter carrier is generally here before noon each day, so i get my packages before noon.

as for FedUp, same thing...as UPS......but end of day for FedUp, is 7PM.

Amazon, varies, from before noon, to before end of day....or 9PM

i think that all are over whelmed by online shopping since just before the scandemic. with strikes, work stoppages, rioting, train car lootings, etc,etc.

they just cannot keep up.

Amazon offers delivery from 2 AM to 6 Am daily...but even though i am up at 4 AM.......i ain't going to the door at anytime in the early AM hours in my jockeys.

Fedx has my vote. can't tell you how many packages of mine they have lost over the years and delayed. they hardly ever deliver on the day they say. Got one that has been in the same place for six days now. now what really is bad is this package come through my state and pretty close to where i live and taken back out of state where it sits in Mississippi now

Not the first time they have done this either. why would you bring a package close and then take it back out of state. makes no sense. Are they hiring crack heads to drive? who knows. but UPS is getting near as bad. last delivery from them they dropped my package off at the neighbors and took off with him shouting this is not mine. but he brought it over to me. Fedx has dropped many a package off here that wasn't mine. one guy i was telling him it don't go here and he argues, look at the address and i said yeah it's not this one. not even close to this one.

I've watched fedx drivers throw packages on people's porches and i mean a good ways. if there was stuff in there to break, it broke.
OK, my little rant is over.
For me it's USPS. I will always pay more to avoid using them if I have a choice.

Back