testtest

When it comes down to it, what is your "go to" EDC?

CZ P-01 with Holosun 407k and CGW springs when I'm feeling fit and dressed for it (but this is my true "go-to" gun, the one I'll never part with).
IWI Masada Slim with Holosun 407k for light dress.
I also rotate in a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry on occasion and just got a CZ Rami that probably will be carried pretty often once it's broken in.

I live in AZ - t shirt and shorts most days. With my age and routine, I rarely go any place that is perceived as "bad."

(I actually bought an SP 101 357 w/ 3" barrel about 7 years ago thinking I'd carry it - but I never ended up EDCing it.)

I originally carried a Glock 43 w/ extended magazine EDC (prior to the release of the P365. I've owned/tried all the following at some point - G43, Walther PPS M2 (Sweet shooter - still own), P365, P365XL, Glock 43X, P356XL slide on a macro grip module.

When the P365XL was released I bought one, ran 500 rounds thru it and that changed from the P365 to the XL. I've always found the P365XL is perfect for me. Its my "Goldilocks" EDC. Size is great, I shoot it well, capacity comfortable. About a year ago I switched to the Wilson Combat grip module (but I like the original as well).

I carry the gray grip on the right with 12+1.

Note - I never owned a Hellcat. I have gripped and shot one, though. While also a great choice, I did not like it enough over my already owned P365XL. If the Hellcat had been released before the P365, my story might be different.

1699898630932.png

I live in AZ - t shirt and shorts most days. With my age and routine, I rarely go any place that is perceived as "bad."

(I actually bought an SP 101 357 w/ 3" barrel about 7 years ago thinking I'd carry it - but I never ended up EDCing it.)

I originally carried a Glock 43 w/ extended magazine EDC (prior to the release of the P365. I've owned/tried all the following at some point - G43, Walther PPS M2 (Sweet shooter - still own), P365, P365XL, Glock 43X, P356XL slide on a macro grip module.

When the P365XL was released I bought one, ran 500 rounds thru it and that changed from the P365 to the XL. I've always found the P365XL is perfect for me. Its my "Goldilocks" EDC. Size is great, I shoot it well, capacity comfortable. About a year ago I switched to the Wilson Combat grip module (but I like the original as well).

I carry the gray grip on the right with 12+1.

Note - I never owned a Hellcat. I have gripped and shot one, though. While also a great choice, I did not like it enough over my already owned P365XL. If the Hellcat had been released before the P365, my story might be different.

View attachment 47136
I am with you man, my 365X Macro is my normal CCW, it is just about perfect for me. I do have a Hellcat and Hellcat Pro, but the X Macro just feels so right the Hellcat is relegated to 'in case'... Plus the Sig shoots much more smoothly where the Hellcats tend to pop a little making a good clean double tap slightly longer than the Sig, for me anyway.

Glock 23 Gen 3. Every day, on or off duty, it's my preferred firearm.

View attachment 47116
Once I handled a Glock 19 Gen 5 I had to take it home with me. It's been the best Glock I've ever owned and I've owned quite a few.

A Walther PPS M2 is another favorite. I wish the Glock was as easy to take apart as the PPS M2. They both use the side tabs but on the PPS M2 they're bigger and easier for this 65 year old to manipulate...:)

Both the Glock and Walther are pretty easy to conceal and Appendix Carry. I have at least 2 spare magazines for each that are nearby. The Glock has nitesites which is why it's also my "night stand gun".

I also have a S&W 638 Bodyguard but it's usually carried when I'm out in the country for rattlesnakes. I keep at least 2 rounds of CCI snake shot in it. When I lived in Arkansas I used that 638 to kill quite a few aggressive poisonous snakes. I lived near a creek and I always wore Muck boots and usually had the 638 on my hip.

I know some frown on "rotating guns," but I didn't buy small buy carry sized guns designed for EDC just to keep them sitting at home. I feel that I can hold my own with each of them.
  • Hellcat micro w/o reload = Pocket Carry or Deep Concealment.
  • Kahr K40 and Shield 45 Performance w/ two 7 round reloads = Both conceal and fit my hand well (K40 a little better), I shoot both well, they have the same capacity, so I rotate between both.
  • 2.5" S&W 686+ w/ 7 round speed loader = Because I love revolvers and don't feel at a disadvantage at all with 7 + 7 rounds 357.
  • Beretta APX Compact w/ 21 round reload = Increased risk and/or highly populated go to. I just feel most confident shooting this gun, most confident in working on, and I spent well over $1k in multiples of spare and replacement parts of every spring, firing pins, triggers, extractors, you name it... I want to keep it running even if Beretta discontinue and no longer offers a warranty on it. It's my SHTF gun that I have 3 of.
I've been coming back to over the years has been a Kahr. One point it was a K9 for a couple of years, and then the K40 on and off on and off. I keep coming back to it. The K40 is actually smaller than the K9 FYI.

Back