testtest

Anti-Gunners Demand Gun Shop Closures

92C5EF29-3AD5-4D15-BA54-15AD572CAA60.gif

I just went to Governor Hogan's website (Maryland), to simply say "thank you" for not closing our gun stores and for not further restricting our rights. Anyone else in Maryland, I urge you to do the same. We bitch and complain when our states pass more restrictions...I figured it was about time to say thank you for NOT restricting things any further.

The more people who do that, the better chance our elected officials will understand how many of us there are, and they'll understand that we have a voice. A voice that matters.

I'm sure every governor in every state has a similar "contact us" page on their website...or a twitter feed...or a facebook page (I don't do any social media so I don't know). Go. Say thank you. Offer support for them, as they support us, and our rights.

I just went to Governor Hogan's website (Maryland), to simply say "thank you" for not closing our gun stores and for not further restricting our rights. Anyone else in Maryland, I urge you to do the same. We bitch and complain when our states pass more restrictions...I figured it was about time to say thank you for NOT restricting things any further.

The more people who do that, the better chance our elected officials will understand how many of us there are, and they'll understand that we have a voice. A voice that matters.

I'm sure every governor in every state has a similar "contact us" page on their website...or a twitter feed...or a facebook page (I don't do any social media so I don't know). Go. Say thank you. Offer support for them, as they support us, and our rights.

This is very true. If we as the gun owning community sit back and say nothing the ones who represent us only hear from the anti's and think ok everyone wants to do away with them.

Very well said Peglegjoe! (y)

There are a bunch of people who used to say there was no need to own a gun who now own those guns. :D I am hoping we have an increased voice against the passage of more gun laws in the future since many of the newbie's ( gun owners ) are the ones who said stricter laws were needed .

Many found out that it wasn't as easy to get a firearm as they thought. That may be the only positive thing to come out of this.

I'm wondering how many of these recent gun buyers are new gun owners and were once anti gunners themselves. That could decrease "Everytown's" ranks, which would be a good thing.
In fairness, the Governor of PA. actually allowed gun stores here to reopen (by appointment only), before the Trump administration declared the like as essential (as opposed to what the article had written). Even though Gov. Wolf first declared them non-essential, he was later forced to re-think and reverse his decision when a lawsuit was brought upon this and he was "strongly" asked by the courts to reverse his decision which he did.
Other good news in PA. is that they have extended the expiration of Gun Carry Permits that expired March 16th 2020, until the end of May 2020 (due to courthouses and Sheriffs departments being closed due to this virus). Don't take this that I approve of needing a permit to carry, which I don't (as it's a 2A right without any permits required IMHO), only that PA. could have gone the route of other states and not allowed any carry due to this virus and "illegally" restrict it's residents futher.

My personal opinion, if they would have passed constitutional carry in all 50 states, you would have no worries or issues if your ccw permit expired, hopefully after all this virus stuff passes, maybe Congress could take a look into this and do it.

Back