testtest

Review: Springfield Armory 911

The G10 trigger is a great improvement over the p238 & p938. However, i would not go so far as to say the grip is much better. It all depends on what model you get. Which also means the price can be more than just $80 higher.

Perhaps you meant on the base model?

The extreme and nightmare models have G10 grips made by Hogue. One of the more interesting ones that sig has is a desert tan with Hogue rubber grips. Great if you've had carpal tunnle.

Either way, the 911 is a great little pistol. My only recommendation is front slide serrations. On such a small platform every little bit of grip helps. This is what i like about the sig extreme series, but that would add another ~$120 and you get a plastic trigger. Its a shame the 911 didn't come out sooner.

I may have owned one of the problem children of the 911 .380 but I will say this when the gun was working correctly god I loved it. For such a small package this gun was extremely accurate wouldn’t change a thing. I believe the 380 I owned was just extremely ammunition picky. However all that being said I will be getting another one soon. Sense I found the trick to getting one that doesn’t have any issues.

The G10 trigger is a great improvement over the p238 & p938. However, i would not go so far as to say the grip is much better. It all depends on what model you get. Which also means the price can be more than just $80 higher.

Perhaps you meant on the base model?

The extreme and nightmare models have G10 grips made by Hogue. One of the more interesting ones that sig has is a desert tan with Hogue rubber grips. Great if you've had carpal tunnle.

Either way, the 911 is a great little pistol. My only recommendation is front slide serrations. On such a small platform every little bit of grip helps. This is what i like about the sig extreme series, but that would add another ~$120 and you get a plastic trigger. Its a shame the 911 didn't come out sooner.
If I'm going too get CTS it might as well be from doing what I like best, SHOOTING!!!!!

So I’m going to say my go to brand has been Springfield Armory products.
Yes I do have two Savage AR10’s for long range shooting but that’s another subject. As far as handguns it’s Springfield. I’ve always been a striker fired guy and currently own
3 XDM Mod2’s in 9,40 and 45 all three incredible handguns and for me very comfortable to shoot being double stack and offering me a substantial grip for my larger then average hands and great balance. Well I finally added a Springfield 1911 to my collection with the 45ACP Range Officer. The only thing I’m missing with this gun is sight dots.
so after all that what do guys do about this??
I’m not the guy to start swapping out things on my guns, I like to keep them stock except for add on accessories like lights so I’m not going to be changing out the sights on my 1911 RO.
I’m thinking about white paint on the serrated ramp of the front sight and maybe bots on the rear.
Any suggestions would help.

Good story, I have been thinking on getting one, my wife likes it, but I think for her, the .380 would work, she liked how the Kimber Micro 9 felt, but it also was a 9mm, plus it was gone in two days.....lol

People laugh at those that carry a .22, so I checked muzzle energy for the 380 @90gr and it averages about 180-230fpe. Some of the .22 ammo is close too the same energy or is it a size complex. I'm not picking a fight, just wondering! I like the 10mm for those who choose too keep shooting at me 50 yards and beyond! Not "Too infinity and beyond!"

Good read! I almost bought one of these but I decided to wait until I could find one in 9mm. (Still have not seen one) I also see people complaining about feeding issues on the .380 versions. Has anyone experienced this with the 380 or 9mm versions?
I couldn’t shoot my 911 out of the box. It wouldn’t feed ANY ammo. I couldn’t have been more frustrated. So the day after I picked it up from my FFL, I took it back to him to send of to Springfield.
I got it back in 2 weeks. They’d recut the chamber and polished the feed ramp. Racking it at the FFL it felt strange, and the slide lock kept creeping out, holding the slide open. I pulled off the slide...no slide stop retainer. I left it at the FFL. Springfield sent him a new slide stop retainer. Nonetheless, it pops out whenever I remove the slide. I bought 5 additional springs in case I ever lost one. I couldn’t get any of them to fit, so I just ran with the one that fits, but falls out every time I field strip the gun. I decided to ignore this...until today. So, nearly a year after I bought my Springfield 911 I dropped if off at FEDEX for its 2nd trip home. My wife was rather upset when I told her I was sending the 911 back to Springfield. She loves that gun. We own 4 other .380 ACPs, including 2 Kimber Micro 380s, a Baby Rock, and a Thunder 380, and none of them elicit any response from her. She loves the Springfield 911. Knowing this is the reason I decided to send it off for repair. I originally bought the 911 for her, so I’m pleased that she raised a fuss at losing it for up to a month. I just hope it comes back in perfect functioning order.

People laugh at those that carry a .22, so I checked muzzle energy for the 380 @90gr and it averages about 180-230fpe. Some of the .22 ammo is close too the same energy or is it a size complex. I'm not picking a fight, just wondering! I like the 10mm for those who choose too keep shooting at me 50 yards and beyond! Not "Too infinity and beyond!"

It's not a size issue to me so much as ammo reliability. Rimfire cartridges have a much higher rate of failure-to-fire than centerfire handgun cartridges. My oldest daughter wanted to buy a Ruger SR22 for carry a couple of years ago, and my son-in-law and I talked her out of it. Sadly she has nothing at the moment.

My 22LR pistol is a Ruger Mark II that I got around 1990, and I've put 10-15 thousand rounds through it over the years. Its not often that I have an ammo problem with it, but I did the last trip to the range - I had 3 bad rounds in one magazine that didn't fully eject, and I ended up having to pry a spent casing out with a screwdriver in my range bag. One of the casings marred the face of the barrel. First time I've ever had that happen, and I blame it on some old CCI ammo. Thankfully none of the rounds were a squib, but I think they just didn't have enough charge to rack the slide and eject fully, and the next round came out of the magazine. Ironically, after that, the next 350 rounds went downrange without a hiccup.

Good read! I almost bought one of these but I decided to wait until I could find one in 9mm. (Still have not seen one) I also see people complaining about feeding issues on the .380 versions. Has anyone experienced this with the 380 or 9mm versions?

I have the 9119 and really love it but after 96 rounds the firing pin popped out. I did not use any +P ammo so I was confused as to why it popped out. Sent it into SA and it just came back -- I've cleaned it but haven't had the time to take it to the range yet -- heavy snow in my area the last few days. When I told my CCW instructor he thought I might need to use the SIG365 Ammo made for CCW and shorter barrel 9mm's.

I have the 9119 and really love it but after 96 rounds the firing pin popped out. I did not use any +P ammo so I was confused as to why it popped out. Sent it into SA and it just came back -- I've cleaned it but haven't had the time to take it to the range yet -- heavy snow in my area the last few days. When I told my CCW instructor he thought I might need to use the SIG365 Ammo made for CCW and shorter barrel 9mm's.

The SIG365 Ammo doesn't seem to work well. Had a number of Barrel Jams and even 2 fat round jams(!) with just one box of the FMJ.

I've held the 911 (.380) and want to rent it at the local range. I very much like the feel and balance, and think it would make a nice warm-weather/shorts-and-tee CCW piece. Curious about the 9mm too, just to consolidate ammo flavors with my XDs. I already have 9mm, .38spcl, .308, and 12ga...gonna need a bigger safe if I add another caliber!

I can see how a short barrel could impact accuracy to a point, but how would it make a difference in ammo feed? Granted it isn't AS short, but I've had zero feed issues with my XDs 3.3...

Got an e-mail from Springfield customer service. My 911 .380ACP is on its way back to me. They had it in house for 2 weeks to install the slide stop retainer spring. I’m just hoping the pin stays put for a while.
It arrives Thursday, and maybe I get to shoot it Friday.

I couldn’t shoot my 911 out of the box. It wouldn’t feed ANY ammo. I couldn’t have been more frustrated. So the day after I picked it up from my FFL, I took it back to him to send of to Springfield.
I got it back in 2 weeks. They’d recut the chamber and polished the feed ramp. Racking it at the FFL it felt strange, and the slide lock kept creeping out, holding the slide open. I pulled off the slide...no slide stop retainer. I left it at the FFL. Springfield sent him a new slide stop retainer. Nonetheless, it pops out whenever I remove the slide. I bought 5 additional springs in case I ever lost one. I couldn’t get any of them to fit, so I just ran with the one that fits, but falls out every time I field strip the gun. I decided to ignore this...until today. So, nearly a year after I bought my Springfield 911 I dropped if off at FEDEX for its 2nd trip home. My wife was rather upset when I told her I was sending the 911 back to Springfield. She loves that gun. We own 4 other .380 ACPs, including 2 Kimber Micro 380s, a Baby Rock, and a Thunder 380, and none of them elicit any response from her. She loves the Springfield 911. Knowing this is the reason I decided to send it off for repair. I originally bought the 911 for her, so I’m pleased that she raised a fuss at losing it for up to a month. I just hope it comes back in perfect functioning order.
I just purchased one in 9mm and no matter what ammo I throw in there, it will not feed. Nose of bullet below barrel EVERY TIME. Pretty pissed

Back