testtest

Shocking

Bassbob

Emissary
How surprising that a gun writer wrote this:

"Sometimes, I think there should be a Ph.D. available for the shooting disciplines, as there are in other areas of study. Certainly, there is as much — if not more — information concerning firearms and associated disciplines to warrant it. Beginners would be first graders and the sad truth is that 90% of today’s gun enthusiasts would be at elementary school grade levels 1–6.

High school would be comprised of high-level military operators, top professional instructors, and shooting champions… with some professional dangerous-game hunters thrown in. College level would be some highline writers, collectors, and gunsmiths. A handful of Ph.D.’s would be reserved for those few who have mastered most of the main areas of the subject. I suspect accreditation would go a long way to eliminating the self-proclaimed internet experts. The ones who don’t know how much they don’t know, and that’s a kind way of putting it."

What a F'in D-bag. High level military operators are high school and gun writers are college? :rolleyes:

How surprising that a gun writer wrote this:

"Sometimes, I think there should be a Ph.D. available for the shooting disciplines, as there are in other areas of study. Certainly, there is as much — if not more — information concerning firearms and associated disciplines to warrant it. Beginners would be first graders and the sad truth is that 90% of today’s gun enthusiasts would be at elementary school grade levels 1–6.

High school would be comprised of high-level military operators, top professional instructors, and shooting champions… with some professional dangerous-game hunters thrown in. College level would be some highline writers, collectors, and gunsmiths. A handful of Ph.D.’s would be reserved for those few who have mastered most of the main areas of the subject. I suspect accreditation would go a long way to eliminating the self-proclaimed internet experts. The ones who don’t know how much they don’t know, and that’s a kind way of putting it."

What a F'in D-bag. High level military operators are high school and gun writers are college? :rolleyes:

A collector or writer is more 'gun guy' than Kyle or Kennedy or other Operators? Who is this dude? I see he writes for the Cheaper than dirt blog but cant find a lot of info...

1709435606587.png

I won’t come out and bash the guy (who I haven’t heard of) but from this article I would respectfully say he is way misguided.

Having a big 45 is great…for those of us that have grip strength and technique but you can’t say that to a 70 year old widow that has her late husbands model 10 revolver. You help her learn to run that. She doesn’t need to run out and buy a Glock, so I wish I could ask the author to articulate more as it seems awful blanket like of a statement.

I also like 45’s but they aren’t for everyone…and that’s OK!

While this is a long podcast if you have the time over a few days everyone would benefit by listening.

Chris Cypert (who is a phenomenal trainer and just a great human being) it in this episode on how a lot of folks are off key on both what they get wrapped around the axel on. Wether a industry want to be to random John Doe and his response and how to better deal with them

Folks like Chris on the national training circuit that I’d suggest everyone seek out and take at least one or 2 classes from.

I won’t come out and bash the guy (who I haven’t heard of) but from this article I would respectfully say he is way misguided.

Having a big 45 is great…for those of us that have grip strength and technique but you can’t say that to a 70 year old widow that has her late husbands model 10 revolver. You help her learn to run that. She doesn’t need to run out and buy a Glock, so I wish I could ask the author to articulate more as it seems awful blanket like of a statement.

I also like 45’s but they aren’t for everyone…and that’s OK!

I'll bash him. He writes an article excoriating "Internet experts" who regurgitate other crap they read on the internet without actually knowing anything about the subject, while simultaneously regurgitating crap he read on the internet without actually knowing anything about the subject.

Eff that guy.

I'll bash him. He writes an article excoriating "Internet experts" who regurgitate other crap they read on the internet without actually knowing anything about the subject, while simultaneously regurgitating crap he read on the internet without actually knowing anything about the subject.

Eff that guy.
That’s what was touched on in the podcast by Cypert. The industry is full of those folks.

Look at all the self titled church security experts that stood up the last 10 years that never stood an armed post or worked any kind of security but here they were trying to teach armed tactics. Most just because they liked guns.

Some of them write articles.

It reminds me of that old movie the Survivors with Robin Williams where he dives deep into survival trainjng learning g tactics and everything only to find out his Mecca trainer was some normal Hoe with zero gun carrying experience yeah we are there.

That’s what was touched on in the podcast by Cypert. The industry is full of those folks.

Look at all the self titled church security experts that stood up the last 10 years that never stood an armed post or worked any kind of security but here they were trying to teach armed tactics. Most just because they liked guns.

Some of them write articles.

It reminds me of that old movie the Survivors with Robin Williams where he dives deep into survival trainjng learning g tactics and everything only to find out his Mecca trainer was some normal Hoe with zero gun carrying experience yeah we are there.

People really are ridiculous.

I've had hundreds of hours of training, with and without certified instructors. I consider myself about as prepared as I can be, though there is always room for improvement. I would never in a million years bill myself as any kind of instructor or expert. I am a student.

Of course I have "Instructed" on the range, friends and family who know little or nothing about guns in a casual friendly and hopefully helpful way, but it's not like I was conducting a class. I was just making sure my niece knew gun safety rules and had a basic understanding of shooting fundamentals.

Hmm. Maybe I should become a gun writer. I know stuff. :rolleyes:

Back