testtest

So, does more money equal better weapon?

Yup you “may” buy a Rolls Royce and wind up with a Fiat, but you’ll never buy a Fiat and end up with a Rolls Royce😏
maybe, but you can also buy a VW Bug, and end up with a Rolls......

jus' sayin'

1709819007933.png

This threads been a really good read so far.

From my experience on the line from USPSA/IPSC, three gun matches, CQB matches, concealed carry classes, and agency qualifications, I can say that just because you have a high priced (insert brand here), doesn't mean it'll improve your skills.
Hell, on the three gun, CQB, and USPSA/IPSC lines I've seen Benelli shotguns choke, Staccato race guns fail to function, and rifles built for the races jam, and fail to function in any number of ways.
On those same lines, I've seen bone stock low end 1911s, wheel guns, mid range(and cheap) ARs, just keep chugging along.
Expensive gear doesn't shore up skills, just as unreliable gear doesn't improve skills either.
I've always just tried to shoot to my ability, and upgrade my guns as I go. Unfortunately, as we all know, that's the hard way, and expensive, but that's the curse of this hobby......
And now that I've told everyone what we already know, I'm off to be completely unproductive.....

This threads been a really good read so far.

From my experience on the line from USPSA/IPSC, three gun matches, CQB matches, concealed carry classes, and agency qualifications, I can say that just because you have a high priced (insert brand here), doesn't mean it'll improve your skills.
Hell, on the three gun, CQB, and USPSA/IPSC lines I've seen Benelli shotguns choke, Staccato race guns fail to function, and rifles built for the races jam, and fail to function in any number of ways.
On those same lines, I've seen bone stock low end 1911s, wheel guns, mid range(and cheap) ARs, just keep chugging along.
Expensive gear doesn't shore up skills, just as unreliable gear doesn't improve skills either.
I've always just tried to shoot to my ability, and upgrade my guns as I go. Unfortunately, as we all know, that's the hard way, and expensive, but that's the curse of this hobby......
And now that I've told everyone what we already know, I'm off to be completely unproductive.....
And another point to consider-cheap guns (typically) will have much looser tolerances than expensive one. This in turn may result in great reliability under adverse (high use per sitting) conditions (think Chicom AK’s).

it's been my "observation" that those 1911 sites are "snobbish" towards low/mid priced 1911's.

and if you don't own an expensive wrist watch, or a diamond encrusted pocket knife, or drink the highest dollar bourbon, you're dirt poor, and shouldn't even be on those sites.....

just' saying, from what i have "observed"
Ok, ok, I got the message. Me and @KillerFord1977 are getting our diamond encrusted pocket knives and our high end bourbon and getting out. We don’t need to be told twice.

1709825828440.gif

No Brit can be "the rock". can you imagine The Rock with a British accent. He'd sound like the Beetles for goodness sake:cautious:;)
Y’all maht be into somethin’ thar, Killy Bob.

Gimme a break, your people sailed to the new world with more shoemakers than hunters and farmers and then had to rely on the indigenous folk to keep you alive - and look what happened to them.

Meanwhile, my people were building great cathedrals and institutes of learning and oh, by the way, had knocked out a little document called the Magna Carta 600 years before you crashed into your rock at Plymouth.

😎🤔🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Gimme a break, your people sailed to the new world with more shoemakers than hunters and farmers and then had to rely on the indigenous folk to keep you alive - and look what happened to them.

Meanwhile, my people were building great cathedrals and institutes of learning and oh, by the way, had knocked out a little document called the Magna Carta 600 years before you crashed into your rock at Plymouth.

😎🤔🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Sounds like fightin’ words!
Ps- 7/4/1776 (couldn’t resist)

😎🤔🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
"Our People" are the great folks that were the hunters and farmers who got tired of your fat old Monarchy of Kings and Queens and left for greener pastures. Which ya'll failed to keep us from doing and lost a war over it.
BTW, you're welcome for bailing you out and handling things in WW2 ;):cool::D🤣

Back