testtest

Playing records ~ Vintage stereo from the 70's

My Vintage Stereo Karma

My father bought a Marantz receiver in 1977, a buddy and I used it to power our mobile DJ kit until 1984 and it saw little use after that. Last year I dug the Marantz out of storage and had it professionally cleaned and serviced, I had the same company repair and service a Technics manual turntable that I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago, it was built between 1975 and 1978.
b.5.JPG

b.8.JPG

All I needed was a set of speakers. The speakers are new Klipsch bookshelf speakers that sound just fine for now..
The CD carousel changer pictured below is from the 90's, and I consider it essential to my listening pleasure.
b.7.JPG

None of my vintage system is or ever was considered high-end, and I am okay with that because what I have sounds great and it stirs up so many good memories... I believe that I may soon acquire a set of JBL speakers from the late 70's to complete the vintage ensemble.
davidlevene  14.25W x 23.5H x 11.75D Weight 44 lbs..jpg

How many of you are into vintage stereo equipment?

This is just like my receiver, mines in the attic under a bunch of CB radio base stations and mobile units and desk mics from the late 70's. i wasn't even draggin that thing out for a pic now. lol

Yea, went through the CB craze years ago, owned Several Cobra 2000’s, Uniden Washington’s, Galaxy Turbo’s, Galaxy 44 and 77, Robyn Yellow tube type, Cobra 19’s, 29’s, 148’s….you name it, I probably owned it, peaked and tuned them myself and converted them and put extra channels in…

My Vintage Stereo Karma

My father bought a Marantz receiver in 1977, a buddy and I used it to power our mobile DJ kit until 1984 and it saw little use after that. Last year I dug the Marantz out of storage and had it professionally cleaned and serviced, I had the same company repair and service a Technics manual turntable that I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago, it was built between 1975 and 1978.
View attachment 55029
View attachment 55030

All I needed was a set of speakers. The speakers are new Klipsch bookshelf speakers that sound just fine for now..
The CD carousel changer pictured below is from the 90's, and I consider it essential to my listening pleasure.
View attachment 55031

None of my vintage system is or ever was considered high-end, and I am okay with that because what I have sounds great and it stirs up so many good memories... I believe that I may soon acquire a set of JBL speakers from the late 70's to complete the vintage ensemble.
View attachment 55033

That's a nice system. I used to have a nice tube system. Marantz is good stuff. Vinyl through a tube receiver is the way god intended us to hear music.

The only vintage stereo stuff left are my DCM Time Window speakers. I've added Polk center, surround and subwoofer besides Sony receiver. I like to stream blues and classic rock. It might be overkill for TV, but it sounds nice.
The KLH speakers in the garage might be vintage, I've had them forever. I added a Sony subwoofer and Denon receiver and enjoy streaming music while reloading or goofing in the garage.

My Vintage Stereo Karma

View attachment 55029
View attachment 55030

View attachment 55031

View attachment 55033

those were awesome systems back in the day
i was wiring a house for alarm system, spent most of the day in this owners attic,
he played ABBA all day and it made the attic seem like i was at a symphony hall
i still flash back when i hear super trooper

he had speakers in every room

Back