testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

Hi,

The range was having a sale, up to 50% off, on a bunch of stuff from guns to accessories. I picked up a generic holster for my new VP9. It's even tuck-able.

View attachment 55395

Oh man! I gotta clean my keyboard. :LOL:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Universal ? Hmm. Just make sure the trigger guard is completely covered Cliff. And that the gun doesn't fall out. I highly recommend a holster made specifically for that firearm.

Hi,

Well, I did it. You talked me into it.

View attachment 55084

I wanted to take advantage of the four free magazines before the deal expired (3/31/24 is the last day) plus take advantage of the $499 price at Grabagun. It's not the optic cut. Please don't hate me. I'm hoping it will be at my FFL towards the end of the week. I'm also hoping that Mrs. BassCliff will like it for the ambidextrous controls and adjustable grip panels. She's a lefty with lady hands. If she really likes it then I'll have to get a second one, perhaps with the optic cut. Now I'll have to postpone my AR purchase by a couple of months until I can save up some more gig money. ;)

Stay tuned for a NGD range report. :D

BassCliff
IMG_2509.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hi,

Universal ? Hmm. Just make sure the trigger guard is completely covered Cliff. And that the gun doesn't fall out. I highly recommend a holster made specifically for that firearm.

Oh sure, but this one was cheap. It covers the trigger and locks in really good. It leaves the mag release exposed so that I can perform an "executive" reload. This one will not be very comfortable because the barrel hangs out below the shell. There's no way to affix a muzzle pad. I love muzzle pads. :)

What the hey? I'll get a real one ordered tonight. I needed another addition to my holster cubby anyway. ;)

1712366918630.png

BassCliff

Hi,

Oh sure, but this one was cheap. It covers the trigger and locks in really good. It leaves the mag release exposed so that I can perform an "executive" reload. This one will not be very comfortable because the barrel hangs out below the shell. There's no way to affix a muzzle pad. I love muzzle pads. :)

What the hey? I'll get a real one ordered tonight. I needed another addition to my holster cubby anyway. ;)

View attachment 55400

BassCliff
That's quite a cubby. :cool:

Hi,

After my range trip today I stopped by my favorite fleet and farm store for some birdseed. I just happened by the ammo isle and this accidentally fell into my cart. It may not expand as well as others but it's not bad stuff, $21.99 for a box of 25.

1712713722300.png

Hornady American Gunner 124 grain +P w/XTP bullet.

BassCliff

Sounds like a solid recommendation. I'll start my research. Thanks Bob.
The KSG25 is a heavy shotgun when fully loaded. It holds 25 shells. Overall length, if memory serves, is about 37”. The standard KSG is quite a bit shorter and holds 13 rounds fully loaded. The KS7 is even more svelte and holds 7 rounds.

The first generation had a few bugs. Rough machining that could be worked out either through shooting the crap out of it or doing some “ Fluff and Buff” on some of the parts. Subsequent models don’t seem to have these issues. Mine didn’t.
It’s based on the Ithaca 37 action. I used to hear people say you gotta rack it like you hate it. This was in reference to it not always picking up the next round when cycling the action. Those people are stupid frankly. Who the hell would own a shotgun you have to rack like you hate ? All the good stuff happens in the last 1/2” of travel in either direction. As long as you slide it fully to either end when racking it, it has no issues regardless of how hard or soft you rack it.

I had one issue. The screw in the magazine selector switch. It obviously can’t be screwed down tight or the switch won’t move. It should have been a shoulder screw with a pocket so it could be torqued down. I don’t know if they have changed this in subsequent generations but mine is a gen 2 and it has a regular screw. If this screw loosens up the gun won’t pick up and load the next round consistently. My solution was to degrease the screw and switch, put a little of the dreaded blue LocTite on the screw, tighten it down and then back it off just enough for the switch to function properly. I let the LocTite set up for a day before shooting it. I’ve ran a couple thousand shells through it since with no issues.
M*Carbo makes some pretty cool aftermarket stuff for them. I’d look into an extended butt pad because the recoil with buck and especially slugs is stout. Which you kind of expect from a pump action shotgun.

That’s my take on the KSG.

The KSG25 is a heavy shotgun when fully loaded. It holds 25 shells. Overall length, if memory serves, is about 37”. The standard KSG is quite a bit shorter and holds 13 rounds fully loaded. The KS7 is even more svelte and holds 7 rounds.

The first generation had a few bugs. Rough machining that could be worked out either through shooting the crap out of it or doing some “ Fluff and Buff” on some of the parts. Subsequent models don’t seem to have these issues. Mine didn’t.
It’s based on the Ithaca 37 action. I used to hear people say you gotta rack it like you hate it. This was in reference to it not always picking up the next round when cycling the action. Those people are stupid frankly. Who the hell would own a shotgun you have to rack like you hate ? All the good stuff happens in the last 1/2” of travel in either direction. As long as you slide it fully to either end when racking it, it has no issues regardless of how hard or soft you rack it.

I had one issue. The screw in the magazine selector switch. It obviously can’t be screwed down tight or the switch won’t move. It should have been a shoulder screw with a pocket so it could be torqued down. I don’t know if they have changed this in subsequent generations but mine is a gen 2 and it has a regular screw. If this screw loosens up the gun won’t pick up and load the next round consistently. My solution was to degrease the screw and switch, put a little of the dreaded blue LocTite on the screw, tighten it down and then back it off just enough for the switch to function properly. I let the LocTite set up for a day before shooting it. I’ve ran a couple thousand shells through it since with no issues.
M*Carbo makes some pretty cool aftermarket stuff for them. I’d look into an extended butt pad because the recoil with buck and especially slugs is stout. Which you kind of expect from a pump action shotgun.

That’s my take on the KSG.
Does the KSG25 have a 30" barrel? Right now I'm saving my pennies to buy a DW Pointman PM. I really am interested in one of KSG models but it will have to wait till after getting the DW.

Back