testtest

Recommendation for EDC belt?

Peglegjoe

Professional
Founding Member
My day job is not "dress" wear, but I do wear slacks every day. Currently I have a regular leather belt, but it's getting very tired. I have a good, webbed tactical belt for casual wear...but I'm looking for something for "business" wear. I wear black slacks, so black is the color and would prefer something either leather, or similar. Webbing would look out of place.

Any recommendations, or companies you've worked with and had good experiences with? Anyone to avoid?

My EDC is simple - Alien Gear IWB for my XDs 9mm. I want to say I have 1.5" clips, which is about the max for my belt loops anyway...

I use “Thirty dollar gun belts”, but I think this is more what you’re looking for. They’re real popular and I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.

I bought a Relentless Tactical off of Amazon in 2016 that I use all of the time. Wasnt the cheapest out there, but it still looks brand new. I have a few options that I can carry with an Alien Gear IWB. Never had a problem.

Another Crossbreed belt owner here. I have three, black and brown with standard buckle, and black with the Crossover buckle (and they sent me a free nylon gun belt that I haven't yet tried). They run several sales at different times on belts & holsters (usually 15-20% off, sometimes with free shipping), and their quick ship items are at a reduces price, (but may not always be exactly what you are looking for at that point in time).

Check out the Urban Carry line. I carry my SPRINGFIELD ARMORY HELL CAT 9MM in the Urban Carry G-3 Holster and they sell dress belts Heavy-Duty 1/4” Thick Bullhide Leather Gun Belts. These Single-Layer (not stacked) Belts are great for Concealed Carry or any Heavy-Duty Work. American Made. Their belts are measured to the final hole. Whether you carry an IWB or not we recommend selecting a belt that is your waist size plus 4 inches. https://urbancarryholsters.com/heavy-duty-gun-belt.html

I get my CC belts from
Tucker Gun Leather. They do not twist out of shape under a heavy gun, made to last forever. Custom made colors.

I wear Kore Essentials and really like it. I went with the fabric in grey. It dresses up well but is still good for casual jeans. I like the clicks versus the holes. Its easy to adjust and wear when carrying and not carrying. They are a bit still and the buckle is a tad large so an undershirt tucked in behind it helps with comfort. Honestly, that's my only complaint and I have another on order. I went with the chestnut leather for a bit dressier. Ill probably get a black leather someday too.

My only concern with the Kore (style) belts is, the screw-attachment for the buckle. I've had other regular belts with that sort of attachment, and the screws have pulled out their holes. Do the Kore units pull out like that? Anyone with one have any experiences to share, as far as longevity?

I use a nylon "Low Profile EDC" belt ordered through Warrior Poet Society (WPS) website. The belt is a Blue Alpha brand that WPS sells through their site. USA made product.

My only concern with the Kore (style) belts is, the screw-attachment for the buckle. I've had other regular belts with that sort of attachment, and the screws have pulled out their holes. Do the Kore units pull out like that? Anyone with one have any experiences to share, as far as longevity?
I havent had my screws back out at all. There is the screws as well as a clamp. The clamp needs the belt to pull out a tad for it to open but the screws won't let that happen. And I have made a few sizing adjustments with never having a screw back out.

I got and really like Versacarry’s classic carry belt. It keeps my P320 secured and stays tight. If you don’t like a thicker belt you may want to consider something else because they are made of double ply leather but I consider that more of a benefit. Its an American company so ordering and shipping was simple and their products are made in the USA. I’ll be getting another one soon.
https://bit.ly/3zIy34v

Attachments

• 03F46176-C51B-4D2D-B331-682D2A9F1C1A.jpeg
    03F46176-C51B-4D2D-B331-682D2A9F1C1A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 257
I use “Thirty dollar gun belts”, but I think this is more what you’re looking for. They’re real popular and I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.

I have two belts - one is dressy and the other is casual.

The dressy belt is from Kore Essentials, and it costs $60:

The casual belt is from Thirty Dollar Gun Belt, and it costs $35:

Both are excellent, heavy-construction belts. A very nice feature of the Kore Essentials belt is that it micro-adjusts, like Bassbob mentioned. That means if you go to a big dinner and eat too much, you can easily make the belt just a tad bigger, and you don't have to unbuckle it to do so.

I have a Kore Essentials belt, and I have never had the problem you describe. I have had excellent results with this belt. If you want a dressy belt that doesn't look like a gun belt, that will look good with a coat and tie, this would be an excellent choice:

I wear this belt when I carry my Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact with 13+1 rounds of 124 grain 9mm - in other words, the gun is heavy! My pants do not sag, and my stomach does not hurt from having to overtighten the belt.

I like the Double Alpha Belt from Double Alpha Academy. Good sturdy leather belt with a thin, hard plastic core. It’s really comfortable as a regular belt and will easily tote around a full size 1911. Not too expensive.

Worth every dime and more.
100yr warranty.
I've tried several belts of theirs and stopped at this one. If the shiny buckle isn't your fancy they also have a black or brass buckle.
Great folks to work with!!

Back