testtest

Recommendation for EDC belt?

I have multiple Hanks belts I use. Very durable and high quality. I have a couple different colors depending on the occasion and pants I am wearing. The only thing I don't care for much is the noise of the buckle when putting it on or taking it off. If I come home later and my wife is sleeping, it is hard to take it off without making noise...lol.
Over the last 30 years I have owned many belts, but only 2 that were actually "gun belts". I have saved hundreds on using other belts. When I am in the men' section I always make it a point to check 2 things. Do they have any name brand underwear and socks on sale and I look over the belt rack. Usually the same old, same old, but every once in a while I find a nice belt, in my size, well made, thick leather, for a good price. I snatch up any I see. Stylish enough for every day wear and tough enough for every day carry.

My day job is not "dress" wear, but I do wear slacks every day. Currently I have a regular leather belt, but it's getting very tired. I have a good, webbed tactical belt for casual wear...but I'm looking for something for "business" wear. I wear black slacks, so black is the color and would prefer something either leather, or similar. Webbing would look out of place.

Any recommendations, or companies you've worked with and had good experiences with? Anyone to avoid?

My EDC is simple - Alien Gear IWB for my XDs 9mm. I want to say I have 1.5" clips, which is about the max for my belt loops anyway...
Kore Essentials, enough said 👍

I've been using the Galco brand since 1998; had to buy a smaller size in 2016 due to weight loss. Galco SB2-38H Sport Belt has been a daily user and is still in use today.

My three most used EDC belts are:

Blue Alpha "Low Profile EDC:"

Wilderness Tactical 'Frequent Flyer:

EDC Belt Company "Foundation Belt:"

I own (2) 1.5" Gunner Stitched. One in Black and one in Brown. Beyond solid. 100 year warranty. Can't be beat if you prefer real leather.
Yup. For leather EDC belts, the Hank's Gunner is also my go-to.

In fact, my wife liked it so much, she recently bought a couple belts for herself from Hank's, and loves them.

I'm 6 months in to my first Kore, I wear it every day. Buckle still in place, belt still stiff as a board. No complaints. Only cost $50...cheaper than leather belts from most standard clothing stores...

I also have a Kore Essentials X2 black leather with the gunmetal buckle. I think it would be a good belt to wear with slacks or jeans. I am still trying it out but so far I really like it. I have a very well made leather gun belt but was in between sizes due to the one inch hole spacing. I really like the ability to adjust a 1/4 inch at a time. Seems like a pretty sturdy belt. As someone else said it has a strong clamp that holds the belt and the screws are there for extra security. Once I make my final trim to the size, I will probably put a dab of loctite on them just to be sure. Purchased from Charter tactical. They sent a discount code for 20% off. WELCOMES1 if it still works.

I also have a Kore Essentials X2 black leather with the gunmetal buckle. I think it would be a good belt to wear with slacks or jeans. I am still trying it out but so far I really like it. I have a very well made leather gun belt but was in between sizes due to the one inch hole spacing. I really like the ability to adjust a 1/4 inch at a time. Seems like a pretty sturdy belt. As someone else said it has a strong clamp that holds the belt and the screws are there for extra security. Once I make my final trim to the size, I will probably put a dab of loctite on them just to be sure. Purchased from Charter tactical. They sent a discount code for 20% off. WELCOMES1 if it still works.
I've worn mine daily since I bought it ( a few months ago) and the screws are still tight, nothing has slipped and the belt is the best one I've tried. Very comfortable, very adjustable and very sturdy.

I wear a Hanks for dressier days and Kore most days. Over time my Kore seems to have remained stiffer than the Hanks has. Hanks is still rock solid. Holes haven't deformed. It just doesn't seem as stiff as it was originally while the Kore does.

NexBelt ratchet belt for me
F19C4859-0FCE-4F5A-A573-889D173BC80F.jpeg

I wear a Hanks for dressier days and Kore most days. Over time my Kore seems to have remained stiffer than the Hanks has. Hanks is still rock solid. Holes haven't deformed. It just doesn't seem as stiff as it was originally while the Kore does.

Leather breaks in so it gets more comfortable over time. It shouldn't stay stiff. I've heard good things about the Kore belts. Might have to check one out.

I've carried for near 20 years now and have bought the "shooters" belts but the last decade or so I just eyeball the belt racks at the local box store everytime I visit and if I see a wide thick belt, I look it over and usually buy it. I then put it in service as a gun belt and get on average about 5 years worth give or take. My last one, I have been wearing a few years now was a clearance item on a JC Penny's belt rack. If I remember correctly it was on sale for $5.00. Imprinted on inside of belt is a model number and "Made in Guatemala to USA Specifications". Still a few years left in this one and I have a back up a picked up over a year ago from Target. Gives me more money for ammo...

Back