"Other" Category

Do you want an “other” section?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
How many members would like an "Other Category" where we could discuss things that are not
directly related to the present categories.
Keeping track of 2A around the country one thing. As a firearms manufacturer and as firearms buyers/owners
this is something we should always be on top of.

So, would you benefit from an "Other Category?"

How many members would like an "Other Category" where we could discuss things that are not
Keeping track of 2A around the country one thing. As a firearms manufacturer and as firearms buyers/owners

Add a survey so we can see a number.

Guess a Mod would have to do it now as it appears I don't have the option in the edit mode.

But I had hope that folks that agree to have the addition would comment.
Commenting I think weighs more heavily than voting a +1.

I think we would be opening a 'can of worms' with an "Other" category as "Other" is a broad and vague term. If our readers have enough interest in a particular category like 2A issues, reloading, etc then I think we should have a specific category for them. If we want a category for discussing daily events, etc., maybe a "General Discussion" category would be more appropriate. Just my 2 cents.:)

I think we would be opening a 'can of worms' with an "Other" category as "Other" is a broad and vague term. If our readers have enough interest in a particular category like 2A issues, reloading, etc then I think we should have a specific category for them. If we want a category for discussing daily events, etc., maybe a "General Discussion" category would be more appropriate. Just my 2 cents.:)
Thank you.... that's why I didn't have a poll.... I wanted ideas as I have things to post but not a place
that fits.

I like a "2A Section" for sure.
Maybe a "Lounge" for all the everyday stuff. Parts for my truck, best gift for the wife.... things like that.

Personally, I have seen other forums go ballistic on political posts, arguing on anything that some don’t agree on, it can get pretty ugly. That’s why I gave up on most forums lately, was glad to see this new one. I would like to see something like a lounge section like SMSgtRod suggested as long as politics can be left out.

Personally, I have seen other forums go ballistic on political posts, arguing on anything that some don’t agree on, it can get pretty ugly. That’s why I gave up on most forums lately, was glad to see this new one. I would like to see something like a lounge section like SMSgtRod suggested as long as politics can be left out.
Agreed. I have friends "on both sides of the aisle" some very liberal, that are Gun Friendly. I also would prefer to leave general politics out of it but won't mind listing specific examples of those that oppose the 2A, regardless of their political affiliation.

This is why I suggest making a place to discuss it. Keeps it from infiltrating to the other areas and if you
don't care to deal with it you can ignore that portion of a forum.

Any category allowing political discussions would have to be closely monitored to make sure it stays civil and some sound guidelines regarding these discussions wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Any category allowing political discussions would have to be closely monitored to make sure it stays civil and some sound guidelines regarding these discussions wouldn't be a bad idea either.

That sure is a given.... but rules are easy to set up and moderators can handle it.

when you make a new thread:
look at the bottom right and hit more options.
in the new window look at the bottom of the box where you type the post at the very bottom you will see the option to post a pole.

We are discussing a section called the Catch Can to cover other stuff. Remember we are growing the forum slowly to make sure things work

Understand.... I'm a mod on a site..... but I also understand having an idea ready for when asked if there are any.
Never get blindsided.

Reloading section is very nice addition.....

Understand.... I'm a mod on a site..... but I also understand having an idea ready for when asked if there are any.
Never get blindsided.

Added a pole to your OP

Never get blindsided.

Really wanted to talk about the National Championship so this could have been great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back