testtest

Springfield Armory XD-M 10mm

1589762232666.jpeg

10mm drooling over article.......🤣🤣🤣🤣

So I went to my LGS looking for 9mm , 10mm, and/or 300BLK ammo, yesterday. They still didn’t have any. But they did have an XDM 10 4.5 on display. Yes, it followed me home. 😃😃😃 Yes, I now have both the 5.25 and the 4.5. I rationed out some of the 10mm ammo I have and took it to the range, today.

Excellent purchase. I would be interested in hearing how the felt recoil and accuracy compare with both barrels. I have XDM's in 3.8" and 4.5", but I have never purchased a 5.25" in any caliber. I can still find 10mm ammo in stores and have been contemplating purchasing one of the 10mm XDM's. I'd like to know which of the 10mm options you prefer after shooting both.

Excellent purchase. I would be interested in hearing how the felt recoil and accuracy compare with both barrels. I have XDM's in 3.8" and 4.5", but I have never purchased a 5.25" in any caliber. I can still find 10mm ammo in stores and have been contemplating purchasing one of the 10mm XDM's. I'd like to know which of the 10mm options you prefer after shooting both.

Frankly, I prefer the 3.8 9mm, then the 5.25 in both 9mm and 10mm. In reference to your question, I prefer the 5.25 10 mm slightly over the 4.5 for shooting the super- hot loads like the Buffalo Bore 220 gr. But I prefer the 4.5 10mm for concealed carry over the 5.25 10mm. Yes, I carried each to compare their concealed carry potential. 😊

So after selling my 9mm Mod2 sub compact I was planning on picking up one of the XDM 10mm for use as a truck gun however now I need to wait to see how much the repair of my AR10 .308 will cost, if there is anything left over I’ll be bringing one home, I appreciated the article going through the ballistics of different grain weights as my plan is to pick one and stick with it for range and possible defensive use. Reading this article allowed me to see for the first time the cut out in the top of the slide over the barrel and although I’m not a fan of this it’s not a game changer in my decision to get one, I would like to know what the thought was around this cut out, was it a weight saving or for barrel cooling?
Great article Mike.

So after selling my 9mm Mod2 sub compact I was planning on picking up one of the XDM 10mm for use as a truck gun however now I need to wait to see how much the repair of my AR10 .308 will cost, if there is anything left over I’ll be bringing one home, I appreciated the article going through the ballistics of different grain weights as my plan is to pick one and stick with it for range and possible defensive use. Reading this article allowed me to see for the first time the cut out in the top of the slide over the barrel and although I’m not a fan of this it’s not a game changer in my decision to get one, I would like to know what the thought was around this cut out, was it a weight saving or for barrel cooling?
Great article Mike.
I believe it is for weight savings. The 5.25 is 0.75in longer than the 4.5, and with the overbuilt 10mm barrel and slide, that adds up to a not-inconsequential amount of weight and balance issues. The cutout helps prevent the gun from feeling particularly nose-heavy. Empty, I still feel it, but fully loaded with 180gr's, I can't tell it's a longslide at all.

P.s.: I just picked up an AR-10 in .308 too. So I'm a 10-10 shooter now: 10mm + AR-10. Looking for a Browning Gold Lite 10-gauge shotgun so I can pull the 10-10-10 trifecta! 😎

Back