testtest

New owner of XD-M Elite 3.8, want laser/light combo & compatible holster

itsjero

Alpha
Hey all,

First off, just want to say ive researched this brand for some time, and as an ex-military member im suprised its taken me this long to get a weapon since ive been out for quite some time. But, after having 2 daughters both of which are young, and convicing the wifey that having something like a weapon is like a plunger, you buy it before you need it, i went ahead and got an xd-m elite 3.8. Now, only weeks later, im eyeballing a hellcat.. but thats another story for another time.

What ive come to ask is for your help. I really want a light/laser combo. Id love it if it was green, and rechargable, but ive found out that this is a hard combo to come by, ESPECIALLY if you want a holster that supports this combo. Im sure i can get a custom one, and ive there is a site this community can point me towards that will do that, then by all means let me know.

But really what ive come to ask is this: Does anyone have this weapon with a light/laser combo that has a holster that supports it? If i have to get a red laser thats fine, even though green would be preferrable. Ive seen lots of holsters that support the tlr-6, but its red, not rechargable, and only last about an hour. I dont have to have it be rechargable, but seriously i dont want to also have to stock batteries along with bullets.

And, to make matters worse, the tlr-6 is sold out everywhere but amazon, who now since the market cant support the demand, is charging over $160 for a part that i have seen for $90, and the same part for other weapons costs that much. But, everyone has a springfield, and everyone wants this laser, so up the price goes.

Can anyone reccomend a laser/light combo with an IWB holster or pancake holster for a right hand guy that are well made and you would reccomend?

Thanks for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated and I am proud to be an owner of such an exceptional handgun.

The combo you want is kinda a unicorn right now. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a suggestion but you may have to settle for a non-rechargeable for now. As far as holsters I have a Black Rhino Concealment TCS for my XDM 3.8 compact with a TLR8 light/laser. They’re also a good place to custom order off list holsters, just email them with your requirements if you find the unicorn.

The combo you want is kinda a unicorn right now. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a suggestion but you may have to settle for a non-rechargeable for now. As far as holsters I have a Black Rhino Concealment TCS for my XDM 3.8 compact with a TLR8 light/laser. They’re also a good place to custom order off list holsters, just email them with your requirements if you find the unicorn.
Btw if you end up going with a TLR, get the “A” series. The switches are much better than the old style.

Ahh ok. Seemed like either it's a "unicorn" like you described or I just wasn't diving deep enough into the matrix to find the site that sells em.

Welp, in any case, this has got to be a gold mine for some company our there. Ive seen sites that basically let you plug in gun type, holster type, laser type, and handedness and it spits out a holster you can buy but there's never really an xd-m option with a laser. It's always the s&w, dig, and glocks that have a myriad of options.

Hopefully in time. I did however watch a YouTube video of a guy making his own holster at home but he had some sort of a press, a riveter and some cutting tools. Hell by then id open up a shop lol.

Thanks for the info. I think for now I'm just gonna go with the -6 once it's in stock as it seems everyone's buying s/a xd's right now as no one has the -6 in stock except Amazon and they are gouging due to demand.

Since it's not rechargable, do they make rechargable batteries for it? I haven't seen any looking, so I'm guessing no on that question as well.

Hopefully the tlr series holds up on the range tho, as far as sighting it in and it keeping the sight. Can you comment on how yours holds up? I've seen some people say that some laser brands just don't keep the zero over shooting time and that's kind of a bummer since that's the point.

Thanks again 👍

Some unicorns are real.

Get a Surefire X400 and their Masterfire holster.

from my understanding the XDM compact and the XDM Elite are totally different size frames.

from my understanding the XDM compact and the XDM Elite are totally different size frames.
The Elite has an ambi slide lock and the serrations are a different style otherwise it’s the same. Some holsters really push the slide serrations and probably wouldn’t work as well but the ambi slide lock is far enough back it shouldn’t matter much.
That’s why I suggested black rhino. They’re great for making holsters for guns that haven’t hit the mainstream holster market.

The Elite has an ambi slide lock and the serrations are a different style otherwise it’s the same. Some holsters really push the slide serrations and probably wouldn’t work as well but the ambi slide lock is far enough back it shouldn’t matter much.
That’s why I suggested black rhino. They’re great for making holsters for guns that haven’t hit the mainstream holster market.
I tried to fit it in a Blackhawk today for the xdm compact and no go! ill look up the black rhino.

That I don't know. I do have a bud that has xdm's that are non elite and stuff seems interchangeable.

But I'm not coming off as some xd/xdm know it all. Just my experience. The elite, when I bought it, just had a few differences like matched barrels, fiber optic front sight, different magwell flare, trigger, and grooves in the slide.

That I don't know. I do have a bud that has xdm's that are non elite and stuff seems interchangeable.

But I'm not coming off as some xd/xdm know it all. Just my experience. The elite, when I bought it, just had a few differences like matched barrels, fiber optic front sight, different magwell flare, trigger, and grooves in the slide.
i tried my elite in a new in box blackhawk serpa XDM compact conceal with paddle holster and the barrel of the gun wouldn't even go in. i called springfield and they said there are not many holsters made yet, i think she said crossbones (?) was the only one so far for the elite. i plan on calling blackhawk monday, i need the level 2 retention . thanks for responding.

Back