testtest

How Do I Get Ammo? A Beginner’s Buyer’s Guide

Nice. Thank you for the additional spots. My shoot point blank went through 1.5m rounds last week per the store manager. I think I need to drive farther out. I have never been to eagle sports range. Looks like I am going here this week!

which shoot point blank has refurb. I am in Hodgkins and they are the ones that sold through.

fed premium and cci i thought flagged and would not ship to IL.
Yeah, check out Eagle. It's a nice store, though when we went last month, it felt like a can of packed sardines! It was mighty crowded. If you're ever looking to purchase, ask for Saad. Real nice guy, tell him Z referred you.

I've been the to Hodgkins SPB a few times, but I typically go to Mokena since it's closer, and that's where I found the ammo. It was right around when they opened, probably had about 200-300 boxes, but the sales rep told me they'd be all gone by early afternoon. They've had a hard time getting ammo, so who knows when they'll have any again.

Yeah, forgot to mention that any ammo I purchase online I have to ship to my buddy's house in Indiana. Kinda sucks, but I guess it's the cost of living here! :rolleyes: :LOL:

LRZ, I know you've noticed the many good guys/gals on the forum here, and yes, most any of them/us will help all we can. But just a caution, in guns and gun usage there are many, many viewpoints..... and not all of them are correct, some maybe even unsafe. Like for instance the imbecile who sold you on the .380's for your 9mm. It was obviously his point of view that it was an acceptable substitute. But you saw for yourself just how they were not acceptable. And some of the guys here have expounded on that unacceptability. So when you ask for help on a specific issue, please take into consideration that the info you got might be someone's well intentioned POV (opinion), or it may be facts and not just opinion.

I don't believe for a second there is anyone here who would intentionally tell you something wrong or dangerous, but if for any reason it just doesn't feel and/or sound quite right to you, or for any reason you might not fully understand, ask again for someone elses thoughts, or ask the OP for a little more detail. I also don't believe anyone here would take offense to your asking for a second thought or opinion, especially your being so new to the sport. Like HansGruber said earlier, "your gun, your hands, your face", so please don't take anything for granted.... here or anywhere else.

And another 'Welcome to the forum'!

regards,
jumpinjoe
Wow! Thank you for this great reminder @jumpinjoe I've gotten a lot better, but my wife always said that when I'm excited about something, I can get a little gullible! Guess it's one of those "truth hurts" reality for me. All the advice/opinions I've received on here so far have been very educational, but never hurts to be too cautious. (y)

Have you guys in Illinois ever considered making a pilgrimage to Brownell's in Iowa? I mean, it may be a few hours drive, but if you could buy a few thousand rounds, it might pay for itself...

My buddies and I drove down not long after they opened their showroom store...it's worth a drive.

Yeah, check out Eagle. It's a nice store, though when we went last month, it felt like a can of packed sardines! It was mighty crowded. If you're ever looking to purchase, ask for Saad. Real nice guy, tell him Z referred you.

I've been the to Hodgkins SPB a few times, but I typically go to Mokena since it's closer, and that's where I found the ammo. It was right around when they opened, probably had about 200-300 boxes, but the sales rep told me they'd be all gone by early afternoon. They've had a hard time getting ammo, so who knows when they'll have any again.

Yeah, forgot to mention that any ammo I purchase online I have to ship to my buddy's house in Indiana. Kinda sucks, but I guess it's the cost of living here! :rolleyes: :LOL:

Ah, good to know. I will give mokena a call!

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Or just having my Indiana buddies order for me. Ha!

Have you guys in Illinois ever considered making a pilgrimage to Brownell's in Iowa? I mean, it may be a few hours drive, but if you could buy a few thousand rounds, it might pay for itself...

My buddies and I drove down not long after they opened their showroom store...it's worth a drive.

I had no idea they had a show room there. Thanks for the heads up. I was literally thinking about driving out to Sportsman’s some time as I tend to hit MI sometimes and I think they are in Kalamazoo.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled How Do I Get Ammo? A Beginner’s Buyer’s Guide and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/how-do-i-get-ammo-a-beginners-buyers-guide/.

The more you know! Good article.

However, when I clicked on the email link, I was halfway hoping there would also be some pro tips on "How do I get ammo?" as in: where the heck can I find some decent 9mm range ammo with brass casings? The S&B I used to pay under $10 a box (50 rounds) for is now $25, $30 or more... if you can find it! This goes for Fiocchi as well, another go-to in my ammo storage center.

Back