testtest

Discussion: Combat Index: Dots, Irons or Point Shooting?

learning the couple different main techniques is just proper fundamentals.
proper stance, off hand, one handed, conceal, movement, point shoot, etc
all have merit. at least learn and understand the basic fundamentals of each in practice so it is not a surprise when it's time to employ.
remember, we always revert to our training in a crunch...
 
learning the couple different main techniques is just proper fundamentals.
proper stance, off hand, one handed, conceal, movement, point shoot, etc
all have merit. at least learn and understand the basic fundamentals of each in practice so it is not a surprise when it's time to employ.
remember, we always revert to our training in a crunch...
100% YES sir
thats the best way to go, i toss in different firearms and calibers to mess with the mind as it is

i swear the i read the first time, " training in a church" :ROFLMAO:
 
Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Combat Index: Dots, Irons or Point Shooting?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/combat-index/.

Great article; very comprehensive, from someone that's been there and done that. I came to pistol shooting late in life. I drank the micro-9 Kool-Aid until I was comfortable carrying and, over time, realized some advice I'd heard had merit: Carry the biggest gun you can conceal and fight with. Sure, I can get hits on target with a Hellcat, but not nearly as accurately or reliably as I can with my Echelon 4.0C Comp or Walther PDP F-series.

Interestingly, I took a 1-on-1 training class a few years back. I was shooting my XDM Elite Tactical OSP with a Hex Dragonfly optic. During one timed drill, I went for the lowest time. I still got rounds on all the targets even though I was in a hurry. Afterward, the instructor asked, "Did you see the dot?"

I thought for a moment and replied, "I don't think so."

I think I was point shooting under stress.

Good training though.
 
Great article; very comprehensive, from someone that's been there and done that. I came to pistol shooting late in life. I drank the micro-9 Kool-Aid until I was comfortable carrying and, over time, realized some advice I'd heard had merit: Carry the biggest gun you can conceal and fight with. Sure, I can get hits on target with a Hellcat, but not nearly as accurately or reliably as I can with my Echelon 4.0C Comp or Walther PDP F-series.

Interestingly, I took a 1-on-1 training class a few years back. I was shooting my XDM Elite Tactical OSP with a Hex Dragonfly optic. During one timed drill, I went for the lowest time. I still got rounds on all the targets even though I was in a hurry. Afterward, the instructor asked, "Did you see the dot?"

I thought for a moment and replied, "I don't think so."

I think I was point shooting under stress.

Good training though.
Yes inside 7-10 yards if the bad guy is in the window with good technique you will hit him.
 
What really ticks me off is night sights. They put one sight on the front and none one the rear sight & say the rear sight must be blank! How do you line up the sights in the dark?
You are looking at the,wrong night sights. Trijicon HD Night Sights have three dots, one in front and two in the rear. Most night sights are like that. Welcome, join us,and learn new things while being entertained.
 
I am talking about new guns. That is one of their talking points in their advertisements. This is one of the reasons I put a red dot on my handguns. I have very old eyes. I am 88.
Yeah that's nonsense. I have attended low light instructor courses and did a LOT of night fire. The three dot system works. Blacked out rear sights for night sights makes no sense to me. I am 75 and I need the reference for sight alignment.
 
All shooting is point shooting if you are hitting your aim point. I always aim at the point I'm shooting at.
1790035286065.gif
 
Back
Top