testtest

FedEx found...??? my bullets from August....!!!!!!

Old_Me

Emissary
yeah, got the email earlier while we were out..

apparently FedEx, has my order from Everglades, and they are delivering it sometime today....

un-freaking believable.....

i just seconds ago, emailed Everglades as to what they want me to do..pay for them (they did replace that order, and did not charge me any extra), or ship it back.......

those bullets must have gone around the world, and then some..

now i wonder the condition of the package and the bullet count......should be 500 in total.......


jesus h. christ........from august, with a delivery date of Sept 4th...........


this is the email i just sent to "Michael" at Everglades......i am now waiting for his reply..


Michael,

I just got an email from FedEx...

Apparently, they have that order that I put in, back in August..??...........original Order # xxxxxx........... It must have gone around the freaking world, and then some........what do you want me to do..??? send it back...?? keep it and pay for it...???

It is "supposed" to arrive here later today...............Let me know, ASAP......

thanks
 
Last edited:
Better late than never! Good thing it wasn't an organ for a transplant!

I got to thinking, how many times do we misplace an item and we aren't handling millions like FedEx/ups/usps and other carriers!
i think it was put on the wrong trailer...but when it arrived at where-ever, why wasn't it quickly put on the return trailer back to that d.c. center, then up here to me..??

to me, from that point on it was like a "who gives a "F" about that guy, we got other :poop: to ship"



my first thoughts about this fiasco were,

1) it was stolen by a worker,

2) severely damaged and the label was un-readable

in any event, i await word from Everglades as to what they want me to do...

pay for this as it was the original purchase, that they covered by shipping out a new package

or

return it
 
well Everglades did reply, here is what he said:

Glad the original showed up. If you can use the bullets. We can just charge the card that you used to place the original order.


(thing is, they did not show up yet...they can be here as late as 8 PM.)

yeah, here was my response back to him


Micheal, you got that credit card on file..???

If, so, go ahead, then send me the invoice.

If not on file, tell me how to pay for them.

I must leave for an appointment, I will read your response when I get back about nearly 3 PM



it "would be nice", if they just let me keep'em, for all the aggravation i went thru.....

and at the very least, i was honest enough to contact them, rather than to keep quiet, and just keep'em
 
i think it was put on the wrong trailer...but when it arrived at where-ever, why wasn't it quickly put on the return trailer back to that d.c. center, then up here to me..??

I never worked for FedEx but I did security at FedEx for 3 years.

From what I saw FedEx ships Hub to Hub. So the Dallas hub gets a load of stuff for Colorado Springs. They take the trailer to Albuquerque. Then Albuquerque ships it to the next hub.

At the Co Springs hub specifically Denver would load a trailer for Albuquerque with some stuff for Colorado Springs.

Denver would come to Colorado Springs and off load all the Colorado Springs stuff and load up all the Albuquerque stuff Co Springs had.

Then he would drive to Raton and meet the Albuquerque guy with a load for Denver, Colorado Springs and maybe Cheyenne.

They'd switch trailers and drive back to their respective stations.

So if something got on the wrong trailer it could end up in garden city Kansas and GC would have to send it back hub to hub to hub to Colorado Springs.

If there was anything that had to go straight through FedEx sub contracted OTR to Swift.

More than once I had a Swift driver show up with a load for another hub and find out he never looked at his BOL once.

They'd argue and argue and argue until I unsealed the BOL and SHOWED them they were supposed to be driving to Dallas.
 
well...IT ARRIVED....!!!!!!!!!

1790793891715.png


i think that they are all there...both plastic bags were "popped open", most likely from being tossed around like a football.


this is the way Everglades wraps them

1790794136529.png


each "clear/white" bag popped open

1790794182396.png



the whole box

1790794241639.png


and the contents, no bullets in the bow loose

1790794290029.png



now, i am going to send Everglades a pic or 2 as well
 
I never worked for FedEx but I did security at FedEx for 3 years.

From what I saw FedEx ships Hub to Hub. So the Dallas hub gets a load of stuff for Colorado Springs. They take the trailer to Albuquerque. Then Albuquerque ships it to the next hub.

At the Co Springs hub specifically Denver would load a trailer for Albuquerque with some stuff for Colorado Springs.

Denver would come to Colorado Springs and off load all the Colorado Springs stuff and load up all the Albuquerque stuff Co Springs had.

Then he would drive to Raton and meet the Albuquerque guy with a load for Denver, Colorado Springs and maybe Cheyenne.

They'd switch trailers and drive back to their respective stations.

So if something got on the wrong trailer it could end up in garden city Kansas and GC would have to send it back hub to hub to hub to Colorado Springs.

If there was anything that had to go straight through FedEx sub contracted OTR to Swift.

More than once I had a Swift driver show up with a load for another hub and find out he never looked at his BOL once.

They'd argue and argue and argue until I unsealed the BOL and SHOWED them they were supposed to be driving to Dallas.
yeah, i did relay runs for DHL, i am familiar with the set up.

i had applied for FedEx, well before retiring......

frankly i am glad i never took the job..."bad reputation" for the hundreds of accidents each year.
 
Fed Ex service has taken a serious nose dive lately. I am inclined to believe it’s related to the merging of Fed Ex ( original) and Fed Ex ground.
The original FedEx were all hourly well paid non-union workers ( with the exception of the pilots) and the new ground division are a bunch of contract workers. For example, in my area, they only pay them $120 a day flat but routinely give them over 100 + stops a day; so you can imagine what that’s done to the quality of service. About three weeks ago I purchased a Fender Telecaster replacement body, a label was created and it was picked up by FedEx in Sacramento California, but just vanished with no further scans after that. I’m still waiting to get my money back.
 
Fed Ex service has taken a serious nose dive lately. I am inclined to believe it’s related to the merging of Fed Ex ( original) and Fed Ex ground.
The original FedEx were all hourly well paid non-union workers ( with the exception of the pilots) and the new ground division are a bunch of contract workers. For example, in my area, they only pay them $120 a day flat but routinely give them over 100 + stops a day; so you can imagine what that’s done to the quality of service. About three weeks ago I purchased a Fender Telecaster replacement body, a label was created and it was picked up by FedEx in Sacramento California, but just vanished with no further scans after that. I’m still waiting to get my money back.
yes, this is true....back in the day, i worked for RPS...Roadway Package Services

they were bought out by corporate FedEx, and renamed..FedEx ground...ALL owner -operators (those same people)


RPS were ALL those owner/operators, non union...and i was a RPS company employee, and got paid a whopping $100.00 PER DAY.....!!! no matter how many hours i worked, or packages i delivered....

i got horror stories, about the hours, pay, crap pay from the owners when i had to do thier routes when they called out sick, or went on vacation....buncha whiny a-holes they were...the owner-operators..>!!!!!!
 
Back
Top