testtest

Range Report: 10mm+.22LR, 10/2/26

Hi,

Shooting the 10 in xdm, glock, x-10 & kimber all shoot differently (haven't shot the 220 yet). Take your time and work up speed

Wise words. As you saw from my first cold 10-10-10 drill, I was lousy trying to shoot with any kind of speed. I even took video but it was too embarrasing. I deleted it. :p We're still getting to know each other, only 150 rounds through it so far. But I'm sure we'll get along famously. :)


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,



Thank you. I certainly do "flinch" a lot less shooting the MkIV. I may have to research a different front sight if I want to get pinpoint accuracy with it, taking into account my eyes and all. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
If you want the get what you said about pin point accuracy, you need to get some .22 match ammo, when I shot target competition at my club years ago with basically the same Ruger you got except it wasn't a threaded barrel, I used CCI Green Tag .22 ammo, not sure if that ammo is still available, but you should try some Target/Match ammo, regular .22 is great for plinking, just my thoughts
 
Hi,

If you want the get what you said about pin point accuracy, you need to get some .22 match ammo, when I shot target competition at my club years ago with basically the same Ruger you got except it wasn't a threaded barrel, I used CCI Green Tag .22 ammo, not sure if that ammo is still available, but you should try some Target/Match ammo, regular .22 is great for plinking, just my thoughts

Yes, I'm sure some real "match" ammo will help. I think I will also adjust the elevation on the rear sight so that the POI is just above the front sight in my "properly aligned sight picture.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,



I've got no excuse at all. ;) My targets are entirely the result of my mediocre skill set. :LOL: But I hope you get some relief from your joint troubles. 🙏


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Hey, doesn’t matter, as long as you had a good time shooting, you will improve, those targets look ok to me, the 10mm is a stout round and takes some time to get used to its recoil, just go out and enjoy yourself, to me that’s all that matters, nobody would have walked away form any of those.
 
Hey, doesn’t matter, as long as you had a good time shooting, you will improve, those targets look ok to me, the 10mm is a stout round and takes some time to get used to its recoil, just go out and enjoy yourself, to me that’s all that matters, nobody would have walked away form any of those.
it is a stout round. Went through 2 boxes this week and was glad to shoot about 1/3 with gloves on.
 
Hi,

Hey, doesn’t matter, as long as you had a good time shooting, you will improve, those targets look ok to me, the 10mm is a stout round and takes some time to get used to its recoil, just go out and enjoy yourself, to me that’s all that matters, nobody would have walked away form any of those.

You are just too nice to me. ;)

Yes, I plan to take my new 10mm to the range at least two more sessions, another 200 rounds, before I give it a rest and practice with something else. I'll get a holster for it and use it in a defensive class, just for fun. This ain't exactly cheap to shoot. I'll have to build up my ammo stockpile.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,

it is a stout round. Went through 2 boxes this week and was glad to shoot about 1/3 with gloves on.

I've never shot with gloves on. I should train with gloves since they are standard winter wear up here in the Wild Wild Upper Midwest. In fact, I just ordered a pair of 5.11 "competition" gloves that were on sale from one of my favorite vendors.

Screenshot_20261003_132130_Firefox.jpg


We'll see how these work out. If not, I'll try something different. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,



Hey! Thanks for thinking of me. I'm going to save up a little gig money so I can buy at least five. That's the minimum for my pistols. But my usual online vendors want near $30 each. Somebody will have a sale soon, maybe. 🤞


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff


That’s cheap. I rather have that price over some of my CZ magazines. I don’t think Kimber isn’t any cheaper.
 
Hi,

That’s cheap. I rather have that price over some of my CZ magazines. I don’t think Kimber isn’t any cheaper.

I searched up a few places selling magazines for less than $25, but the only name here I'm familiar with is Kentucky Gun Co.

Screenshot_20261003_165420_Firefox.jpg


I'll shop around for a while, then pounce. ;) It just bugs me that I can't buy base pads from Springfield to make them fit with the magwell. Guh. What's a bass player to do? :LOL:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,



I searched up a few places selling magazines for less than $25, but the only name here I'm familiar with is Kentucky Gun Co.

View attachment 119868

I'll shop around for a while, then pounce. ;) It just bugs me that I can't buy base pads from Springfield to make them fit with the magwell. Guh. What's a bass player to do? :LOL:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

You should look for CZ Shadow 2 19 round magazines. 😉😉

Only thing I can say is I like road trips to pick them up.
 
Back
Top