testtest

Discussion: Apaches with 1911s

I ordered mine with Park finish on it as I associate that with a lot of the military 1911's.
The travels of the 1911 is something amazing to follow. A lot of years and situations.
Love shooting mine.
 
I began to write a comment, but a virus kicked in, began inserting vulgarities into my comment, and my typing in other sites. I apologize for any offense.
Villa's men took heavier casualties than the people of Columbus and the 13th Cavalry troopers who helped them defend their town (90 to 170 Villistas compared to at most 19 Americans killed.). While Pershing never caught Villa avoiding capture by the Americans distracted Villa from his fight with Caranza and cost him his chance to win their war. The experience gained pursuing Villa helped prepare the many US troops and officers for WWI and WWII. It was a campaign where Apache Scouts and Buffalo Soldiers of Frontier times rubbed shoulders with airplanes, machineguns, and the M1911 .45 ACP Pistol.
 
My wife worked for the Indian Health Service and got a job at Cibecue, AZ as the director of health care. It was back in the early 90’s. Part of the White Mountain Apache Reservation in east central Arizona. It’s rough country. Excellent fishing in the lakes. The Cibecue Apaches were a different band within the WMA tribe. Cibecue was west of Whiteriver, the WMA tribe town with all the shops, grocery store and hospital. I hung out with a lot of the Apaches in Whiteriver. They took me all over the reservation. Geronimo’s cave was one place. Not hard to find but easy to get lost in. They said it goes east to Diamond Creek for several miles. I was young and had a good time for 2 years. Fort Apache is a small settlement south of Whiteriver. Lots of interesting history and they are proud of the history.
 
My wife worked for the Indian Health Service and got a job at Cibecue, AZ as the director of health care. It was back in the early 90’s. Part of the White Mountain Apache Reservation in east central Arizona. It’s rough country. Excellent fishing in the lakes. The Cibecue Apaches were a different band within the WMA tribe. Cibecue was west of Whiteriver, the WMA tribe town with all the shops, grocery store and hospital. I hung out with a lot of the Apaches in Whiteriver. They took me all over the reservation. Geronimo’s cave was one place. Not hard to find but easy to get lost in. They said it goes east to Diamond Creek for several miles. I was young and had a good time for 2 years. Fort Apache is a small settlement south of Whiteriver. Lots of interesting history and they are proud of the history.
My uncle was a tribal leader in the Cherokee Nation and was instrumental in getting the Three Rivers Health Center built in Muskogee. Even though he was a decorated WW2 combat veteran (US Navy) and served in the US Army during the Korean War ( though he remained stateside) it was his crowning achievement. It's possibly the best Indian hospital in the country.
I also have Ogalala ancestors.
 
My uncle was a tribal leader in the Cherokee Nation and was instrumental in getting the Three Rivers Health Center built in Muskogee. Even though he was a decorated WW2 combat veteran (US Navy) and served in the US Army during the Korean War ( though he remained stateside) it was his crowning achievement. It's possibly the best Indian hospital in the country.
I also have Ogalala ancestors.
My wife is Cheyenne- Arapaho. She worked in the Oklahoma Area Office. She probably knows some of the people that worked at the Health Center in Muskogee. God Bless
 
My wife is Cheyenne- Arapaho. She worked in the Oklahoma Area Office. She probably knows some of the people that worked at the Health Center in Muskogee. God Bless
One of my best friends is northern Cheyenne. He now owns an oil and gas company in Kansas. Probably has more cool firearms than @BET7 .
 
I am an enrolled member of the White Mountain Apache Tribe. I am also a direct descendant of Apache Scout Charles Clarkson, aka 1st Sgt. Chicken. He is my Great Grandfather, in fact, I was drawn to this site when I recognized his picture gracing the article's title page. All through my youth a copy of this picture hung on my Grandmother's wall and I greatly admired the man I never actually met...

I own several 1911s and was inspired to get them by the picture of my great grandfather, with his service pistol held aloft, as he sat astride his mount.

I own Colts, RIAs, Springfields and even a Tisas or two. All are .45s and I think the old 1st Sgt. would have wanted it that way
 

Attachments

  • file_000000002e0882309785412e8ce23f63.png
    file_000000002e0882309785412e8ce23f63.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
I am an enrolled member of the White Mountain Apache Tribe. I am also a direct descendant of Apache Scout Charles Clarkson, aka 1st Sgt. Chicken. He is my Great Grandfather, in fact, I was drawn to this site when I recognized his picture gracing the article's title page. All through my youth a copy of this picture hung on my Grandmother's wall and I greatly admired the man I never actually met...

I own several 1911s and was inspired to get them by the picture of my great grandfather, with his service pistol held aloft, as he sat astride his mount.

I own Colts, RIAs, Springfields and even a Tisas or two. All are .45s and I think the old 1st Sgt. would have wanted it that way
can you explain, why i am seeing a 45 ACP cartridge, with 2 bases? seemingly melded together..???

its between the stainless steel 1911, and the M1 1911



and why just above the stainless steel 1911, there is a cartridge with what looks like a copper base, then a brass sleeve, then a copper plated bullet..???

i don't think i have ever seen any such cartridge's in my life.
 
can you explain, why i am seeing a 45 ACP cartridge, with 2 bases? seemingly melded together..???

its between the stainless steel 1911, and the M1 1911



and why just above the stainless steel 1911, there is a cartridge with what looks like a copper base, then a brass sleeve, then a copper plated bullet..???

i don't think i have ever seen any such cartridge's in my life.
Yep. AI. I added the background for diversity and interest. It worked apparently. This is the original:
 

Attachments

  • 20260727_080848.jpg
    20260727_080848.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Back
Top