testtest

Ex-Okaloosa deputy - not guilty of manslaughter of Airman

I don’t know the facts, but according to multiple sources the deputy answered a domestic call at the apartment complex and the airman’s apartment was the wrong apartment.

I’ll say that you don’t have to answer your door, and you have every right to carry a gun around in your abode.

I don’t know the ex-officers training and experience, nor have I watched any body camera footage but man, this just feels wrong all the way around.

Jury was out for two hours. Just goes to show, you never know what a jury will do.
 
The video from the bc was linked in the article posted. Subject didn't drop the gun when deputy ordered him to do so.

Watching the vid may or may not help you decide.
 
Don't know why he was in court, I watched the bc video and procedurally, cop did everything correctly...

Sorry we will (I will anyway) respectfully disagree this isn’t 1970.
The kid was never a threat, it’s not unreasonable for folks to answer a door in a high crime area with a gun and in this case the kid had the gun down not pointed not low ready position, if that was the case I’d be less critical.
Not to mention the cop didn’t give the kid a chance to drop the gun. The OODA loop works both ways!

But in this GUN equals BAD MAN and “Officer safety everyone goes home” BS ERA you have this.

And I say this as someone that trainer specialty Federal teams, taught at FLETC, a State Academy oh and Rangemaster Master Instructor as well as so a ton of Cognative Handgun and hand around and train with Force Science trained instructors (Like Haggard, Hearne and others) instructors been involved in crisis events myself

It’s the same as cops pointing guns at everyone on BS misdemeanors I was guilty of it back in the day because “well we were cops” I also learned we were wrong. And that’s why they shot the wrong people. If anyone is ok with that still I guess you are OK with a cop pointing a gun at a 16 year old daughter on a Traffic stop over some minor thing. Hopefully the answer is no.
 
Some people think a guy 15 feet away with a knife is no threat, either.

They'd be dead wrong.

Again it’s context, what’s the persons mannerisms what’s the call why the cop is there, what is he doing etc. lots of things that make a shoot somt shoot

And it’s generally not good practice to shoot people that have shown no issue other than holding a gun down at the ground of having a knife (then having it raised or even low ready changes and that)

Why low ready os the LEO’s frimed they can challenge and observe everythjng and olace shot with no discernible difference in time to shot other than they actually shoot the person that needs shot (another tidbit Force Science has shown but we are all about cyclic split times on pre determined number of rounds on a audible beep with cyclic split times. We should be doing 1/2 second deliberate splits on visual cues these days and we shokt the right people for the right reasons.
 
Again it’s context, what’s the persons mannerisms what’s the call why the cop is there, what is he doing etc. lots of things that make a shoot somt shoot

And it’s generally not good practice to shoot people that have shown no issue other than holding a gun down at the ground of having a knife (then having it raised or even low ready changes and that)

Why low ready os the LEO’s frimed they can challenge and observe everythjng and olace shot with no discernible difference in time to shot other than they actually shoot the person that needs shot (another tidbit Force Science has shown but we are all about cyclic split times on pre determined number of rounds on a audible beep with cyclic split times. We should be doing 1/2 second deliberate splits on visual cues these days and we shokt the right people for the right reasons.
I'm not dis-agreeing at all. I know every scenario is different.

And I fully admit I know next to nothing about the details of THIS particular case...

But I do know stuff I'm not supposed to know about officer-involved shootings.

We're already running out of qualified people who want to be cops, and departments are short-staffed.

What's the solution ? It obviously can't be lowering the bar. Yet it's already happening.

Who'd WANT to be a cop nowadays ?
 
We cant lower standards for people we give guns and state power to. We should expect them to be better than the rest not give excuses to be less. Then pay them for it but consequences fir fing up
 
We cant lower standards for people we give guns and state power to. We should expect them to be better than the rest not give excuses to be less. Then pay them for it but consequences fir fing up
You are absolutely right. And it does sound really super-great.

Yet the reality is a SHORTAGE of cops, and it's not going to get better at this rate.

We're not paying them enough, these guys are beat up physically and mentally.

And while NOBODY is perfect enough to do the job 100% of the time, EVERYBODY ELSE expects them to be.

So we don't pay them enough, expect them to put themselves in life-and-death situations, and throw them under the bus and announce their names to to public if they make a mistake....

And then we complain because there's not an available cop immediately when we need them ?

As it is now, there are departments so short-staffed that they have nobody to respond to 911 calls at nights and weekends because nobody wants to be a cop anymore.

Think about it. Dangerous job. Stressful conditions. Your customers hate you and want to kill you. Your bosses hate you. You have no support.

It's a career that fewer and fewer people want.

The trend is fewer qualified applicants.

It's obvious this isn't working, isn't it ?
 
Back
Top