testtest

Ear buds

Hi,

I use a pair of these Axil GS Extreme 2.0 buds, without the SIG branding. They work great, if your ear canal will fit the foam inserts. I know some ears have fitment issues.

1791300047724.jpeg


These are on clearance.....

https://palmettostatearmory.com/axil-sig-gs-extreme-2-0-29-db-earbuds-black.html

For $50 you can't go wrong. They have higher noise reduction than newer models.

When I'm by myself, the Mack's foam ear plugs have even higher noise reduction.


Wear your ear muffs over these for added protection.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,

Cliff you use them only nothing else and they work fine for you at the range

Yes, the Axil units by themselves work well, indoors and out. My Howard Leight ear muffs pick up a lot of noise from the indoor air circulation. The Axil ear buds are good at reducing that noise, and gun shots, but let me hear the instructors.

These work well for my training situations. You may need another solution for hunting.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Been shooting more lately and thinking about spending 200 dollars on a nice pair of ear buds maybe. I don’t want to put ear muffs over them they are uncomfortable to wear . Any thoughts and experiences
Hi,

I use a pair of these Axil GS Extreme 2.0 buds, without the SIG branding. They work great, if your ear canal will fit the foam inserts. I know some ears have fitment issues.

View attachment 120022

These are on clearance.....

https://palmettostatearmory.com/axil-sig-gs-extreme-2-0-29-db-earbuds-black.html

For $50 you can't go wrong. They have higher noise reduction than newer models.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Axil's were horrible fit for me and did not work at all. Still let in a lot of noise level. fitment may or not work based on the individual. I still wear standard full size ear protection.
 
I bought a set of electronic Axil buds a few years ago. Spent about 5 hours on the range for a single session. When removing one of the buds (after finishing), the rubber earpiece came loose from the ear bud and stayed stuck in my ear. Took about 10 minutes of digging around with a slotted screwdriver before I could hook the rubber piece and get it out of my ear. Tossed those Axils right in the trash (Paid $140 I think).

I will only use ear plugs or buds that are one single piece, or muffs.
 
I wouldn't trust my hearing to buds or plugs. I double up everytime with muffs and plugs everytime I shoot. Ive had plugs not fit right one time years ago and after the first shot you cant tell if they are working or not because your hearing goes out. When you take them out and still cant hear you know they dont fit. Doubling up has been my standard for PPE since then.
 
I literally have all the Axils and other than the latest MXII Pro earmuffs. I think they are all pretty meh. Even the MCII Pros which are very good sound suppression have absolutely appalling quality Bluetooth audio - like listening through a tin can. For earbuds I have the XCor Pro wireless and the GS Extreme wired and they are both just ok. Indoor, if you have someone next to you firing an 8.5 in AR you are going to know it. Outside they are better, but a loud gun nearby can still be uncomfortable. As far as their ear muffs as I mentioned, the MXII Pros are really good at sound suppression and impact filtering is very good and the ear muffs are very comfortable. All their other ear muffs fall short of a set of Walker Razor Electronic ear muffs. I can’t talk for other manufacturers of in ear suppression, but I would find something better than Axil.
 
I literally have all the Axils and other than the latest MXII Pro earmuffs. I think they are all pretty meh. Even the MCII Pros which are very good sound suppression have absolutely appalling quality Bluetooth audio - like listening through a tin can. For earbuds I have the XCor Pro wireless and the GS Extreme wired and they are both just ok. Indoor, if you have someone next to you firing an 8.5 in AR you are going to know it. Outside they are better, but a loud gun nearby can still be uncomfortable. As far as their ear muffs as I mentioned, the MXII Pros are really good at sound suppression and impact filtering is very good and the ear muffs are very comfortable. All their other ear muffs fall short of a set of Walker Razor Electronic ear muffs. I can’t talk for other manufacturers of in ear suppression, but I would find something better than Axil.
8.5" 308win compared to 300bo or 5.56, the 5.56 is the worst! BO being mostly pistol powders keeps it down and the 308win is just a deeper tone, but still loud as it doesn't have the crack to it
 
Back
Top