testtest

SAINT Victor B5 on the Combat Rifle Course

Excellent weapon! I use and love my Saint Victor 5.56 nonstop.
I will say friends and family have learned not to be near me when firing. The blast and noise from the muzzle brake is not fun when on a firing line.
The first time I took my 5.56 Saint Edge pistol to my local outdoor range the older man to my right moved down 5 tables after 5 shoots. 😬😬😁🤠

Maybe a strange question. My wife just acquired her Saint Victor B5. The safety on hers only goes 45 degrees, while my Saint Victor non-B5 goes 90 degrees. Anyone else have that same behavior?

Maybe a strange question. My wife just acquired her Saint Victor B5. The safety on hers only goes 45 degrees, while my Saint Victor non-B5 goes 90 degrees. Anyone else have that same behavior?
Hello friend. I have just checked mine. The same as your wife's it only goes as far as 45 degrees. Other owners can chime in. Maybe it is by design. Enjoy the rifle.

Hello friend. I have just checked mine. The same as your wife's it only goes as far as 45 degrees. Other owners can chime in. Maybe it is by design. Enjoy the rifle.
Thanks for the verification! Indeed strange, but maybe it has to do with having an ambidextrous safety on hers while my version does not. Anyway, appreciate your help!

From what I’m seeing it has a “short throw” or 45/60 degree safety. I’m not sure which one though without reading the manual or calling SA. There are lots of good ones out there and I think there is a 5? degree safety. Some lowers couldn’t run a 45 degree safety without some filing. I like them, personally.

Battle Arms Development came out with a the first short-throw selectors a fews years ago, and their first version had a small tab the needed to be filed down to work as a 45 in a 45 marked receiver. But with more brands out there that didn't pay any attention to receiver markings they basically dumped that.

All safeties use the same dimensions and if one is tight its due to the safety hole, not really something particular to a 45 deg safety.

I like & use Radians and most brands have the option of being installed as 45 or 90. IMO a 45 deg. safety is a big improvement over the old 90. It makes taking the safety off much faster.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic here. Do you rest your thumb on the short throw safety while shooting? I know its not a 1911 but just curious. I found that my thumb is naturaly placed there

I don’t find myself resting my thumb on the safety. If it is natural to you for your thumb to be on it rest it on there.

Hello! I'm new to this forum but my Saint Victor AR15 safety stops at 45 degrees also. I was planning to call SA about it but thought I would try here first. My Saint Victor AR10 safety will go the whole 90 degrees to engage.

Thanks for these post and I realize this is an old thread but very helpful.

Back