testtest

Would you accept this?

If it was the selling dealer I could see some type of discount-if they are just selling from a transfer no discount would be likely.
It is rather aggravating waiting for a firearm to arrive and when it does something is wrong with it-but it does happen more than people think it would.
I ordered a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in polished stainless-not a single visible problem to be seen-till firing.
The cylinder was far enough out of spec as to create a light strike symptom-only on 2 cylinders-yup-I know-how in the devil did that happen.
I could have cured it with cylinder shims but I made them take it back and fix it(Ruger that is).
My other Blackhawk's cylinder pin would jump out upon recoil-that one was Ruger sending an extra pin and cylinder latch.
Both of these were brand new orders from Buds-so it does happen

Well, I put took the rifle home. I hate the scratches. I hate it. I don’t think it should have come from the factory that way, but I don’t know when I would be able to find another Saint Victor. I would have liked it to be a happier buying experience. They didn’t give me a discount because of the scratched up buffer tube. Basically they figured they’d put it on the rack and sell it in 5 minutes, which they would.

My buddy actually helped me make up my mind. I called him and told him about the scratches and he said ARs are like a hammer. They’re a tool. You use them and they get scratched up and that’s ok. They’re not going to look like your other guns. (I just would have preferred to do the scratching myself). I’ll feel better once I get it on the range this weekend and shoot what little bit of ammo I have squirreled away while waiting to get this thing shipped.

Sorry to whine about scratched guns. Thanks for listening though. 👍

I understand where you are coming from....but, as I mentioned earlier, the buffer tube gets scuffed the first time you put the stock on, unless you have some type of low friction/hard use surface treatment. Even ceracoat will show wear at that location after a short while.

It doesn’t effect function, though, so...

You could just replace the entire buffer tube/stock assembly with a Magpul UBR stock...won’t have this issue, guaranteed. Bonus: probably the strongest AR stock ever made.

They had two of the regular Saints? Or two Saint Victors? I haven’t seen many of the Victor models lately. Again, I‘ve been watching for awhile. I also didn’t want to pay over retail.

One was a Victor 300 blk. pistol and one was a Victor 5.56 rifle. Neither was cheap. I very nearly bought the pistol.

In any case brother I wouldn't worry much about it. That stuff was going to happen sooner or later anyway. You're going to shoot the hell out of it not stare deeply into it's eye and whisper sweet nothings into it's BCG. :)
It's a high quality rifle and it will give you years of reliable service and these guys here know everything there is to know about them.

What are you thinking about for an optic?

In any case brother I wouldn't worry much about it. That stuff was going to happen sooner or later anyway. You're going to shoot the hell out of it not stare deeply into it's eye and whisper sweet nothings into it's BCG. :)
It's a high quality rifle and it will give you years of reliable service and these guys here know everything there is to know about them.

What are you thinking about for an optic?

For the Optic I went with a Vortex Strike Eagle Gen 2 1-6x. It gives me more flexibility. Thinking about maybe getting into 3 Gun.

I don't own one, but thinking about the way things are right now, the manufacturer may be pulling parts out of the bottom of the bin, just trying to fill orders. I can see the parts maybe being scratched up a bit. Like others have said, I would prefer to keep it and just go shoot.

The rifle will have more wear marks on it after the first time at the range.

Is it going to be put it up on a mantle for show, or use it as a working gun? That is the question.

There's no rolling eyes emotive here
Are you serious? Would you buy bruised produce? A scratched pick up truck? Clothing with a stain? My ruger 556 has had plenty of tricks to the indoor and outdoor range, no wear even close to that.

My experience so far with springfield has been absolutely horrendus. Unsafe firearm that was sent back “fixed” and still had issues. They never even bothered to return my phone calls or emails.

I hope they do something for the poster.

Are you serious? Would you buy bruised produce? A scratched pick up truck? Clothing with a stain? My ruger 556 has had plenty of tricks to the indoor and outdoor range, no wear even close to that.

My experience so far with springfield has been absolutely horrendus. Unsafe firearm that was sent back “fixed” and still had issues. They never even bothered to return my phone calls or emails.

Sure I am. A few scruff marks on a buffer tube from a tight stock and extending/collapsing it isn't a big deal.

If the buyer wants to contact SA about it she sure can, since that's her prerogative. But after the first time at the range it will have more wear marks.

Making a comparison to produce & the other examples is pretty silly.

Your experience with SA is your issue. I haven't had one issue with all the SAs that I've bought. So...

d498a87ae7371e43025976435dc74eaa.jpeg

A firearm is fired by the manufacturer before it is sent out. A tight stock will leave marks on a buffer tube. At the end of the day is it worth the hassle for a wear mark that will be there shortly ? It sucks, sure. No argument. Is it worth pissing and moaning about. Nope.

Sure I am. A few scruff marks on a buffer tube from a tight stock and extending/collapsing it isn't a big deal.

If the buyer wants to contact SA about it she sure can, since that's her prerogative. But after the first time at the range it will have more wear marks.

Your experience with SA is your issue. I haven't had one issue with all the SAs that I've bought. So...

View attachment 10526

View attachment 10526
👆👆👆👆

A firearm is fired by the manufacturer before it is sent out. A tight stock will leave marks on a buffer tube. At the end of the day is it worth the hassle for a wear mark that will be there shortly ? It sucks, sure. No argument. Is it worth pissing and moaning about. Nope.

Im not OK with poor customer service and subpar work. My ruger has no marks like that on it. And is continually adjusted between me and my wife. Its absolutely worth complaining about. Im also not silly, for expecting good quality. Springfield should make one that doesent wear with one use as you say. Cause again, my ruger is aparently way better quality.

Im not OK with poor customer service and subpar work. My ruger has no marks like that on it. And is continually adjusted between me and my wife. Its absolutely worth complaining about. Im also not silly, for expecting good quality. Springfield should make one that doesent wear with one use as you say. Cause again, my ruger is aparently way better quality.

Or, more likely, your Ruger has one of their typically loose stocks that doesn’t fit tight enough to drag on the finish.

Have we heard back from the manufacturer to see if they can make it right? With all the back and forth, I forgot if this was an off-the-shelf purchase or direct order.

UPDATE 9/28: I have not yet contacted Springfield Armory about the rifle. So it’s not that they haven’t responded. I don’t know if they monitor this group or not.

Just to clarify, this was NOT a display item. It was a direct ship from the Rural King warehouse to my local store and I did not get a discount off the price because of the damaged buffer tube. I actually posted the original question and pictures while in the store trying to decide if I would accept the gun with the scratches. And yes, I did try cleaning it, it’s scratched into the metal, it doesn’t rub off.

The main thing that bothered me is that everyone is paying top dollar on firearms and ammo right now, it would be nice for it to be in top condition. It would be different if I scratched it. It’s not supposed to come that way.

VERDICT: I took the rifle out for the first time this weekend and I LOVE it. Tight groupings. Even shooting through the same holes. Great solid build and a lot of fun to shoot. The scratch bugs me and it shouldn’t have come that way, but I really do recommend the Saint Victor. I think I just got a little unlucky with quality control because of the high demand right now. (Oh, I also recommend the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6. Sweet setup.).

Attachments

• 5BE74F1F-9FB3-48A4-B26E-D98C204993D6.jpeg
    5BE74F1F-9FB3-48A4-B26E-D98C204993D6.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 6F4ACE36-79AF-4AAA-AB91-F98F1E4442C8.jpeg
    6F4ACE36-79AF-4AAA-AB91-F98F1E4442C8.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 163
  • B1E6B938-5D7D-4AA6-B3D7-DE1737E0B2DD.jpeg
    B1E6B938-5D7D-4AA6-B3D7-DE1737E0B2DD.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 170
UPDATE 9/28: I have not yet contacted Springfield Armory about the rifle. So it’s not that they haven’t responded. I don’t know if they monitor this group or not.

Just to clarify, this was NOT a display item. It was a direct ship from the Rural King warehouse to my local store and I did not get a discount off the price because of the damaged buffer tube. I actually posted the original question and pictures while in the store trying to decide if I would accept the gun with the scratches. And yes, I did try cleaning it, it’s scratched into the metal, it doesn’t rub off.

The main thing that bothered me is that everyone is paying top dollar on firearms and ammo right now, it would be nice for it to be in top condition. It would be different if I scratched it. It’s not supposed to come that way.

VERDICT: I took the rifle out for the first time this weekend and I LOVE it. Tight groupings. Even shooting through the same holes. Great solid build and a lot of fun to shoot. The scratch bugs me and it shouldn’t have come that way, but I really do recommend the Saint Victor. I think I just got a little unlucky with quality control because of the high demand right now. (Oh, I also recommend the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6. Sweet setup.).
That's too bad. I've never purchased a handgun, shotgun, or rifle either in person or online order that had any imperfections upon delivery. I'm glad you're enjoying your new purchase.

Back