testtest

User Ranks, Titles, and Trophies

Louis G.

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all,

My name is Louis and I'm the main developer in charge of the The Armory Life forum and TheArmoryLife.com. Mike H., editor of The Armory Life, has asked me to post an explanatory message regarding the user titles/tags below your usernames on the forum, as there have been several questions regarding them.

Those who registered during the initial period of our giveaway of the five Hellcat pistols received an exclusive user title of Founding Member and that title will continue appear under those users' names as applicable.

Those who registered after the initial period follow a ranking system for their user title, which is based on the number of posts by each user. The ranking ladder is as follows:
Alpha: less than 25 posts
Operator: 25-99 posts
Elite: 100-249 posts
Master Class: 250-499 posts
Custom: 500-999 posts
Professional: 1000+ posts

That being said, we have noticed that it would be nice for Founding Members to be able to see their rank move up as well. So Founding Members will continue to keep their exclusive title but will also have the normal rank appear above it.

Thanks for being part of the forum, and please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic that I can answer.

Louis

--

P.S. @SMSgtRod brought up a good point in asking about the trophies, so I am appending information here regarding them. Trophies are separate from user ranks/titles. Trophies only appear on your profile - they don't appear under your username on regular posts or anywhere besides your profile. They are meant as achievements to recognize participation in the forum and favorable feedback that has been received on your posts (like/love/haha reactions). See the whole list of trophies with an explanation for each one here: https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/help/trophies/

Each trophy has a point value associated with it as well - in the link above you will see 1, 2, 5, 10 points, etc. Those points are not currently being utilized for any particular purpose but we may choose at some point to reference them in the future.

Last edited:
Hello all,

My name is Louis and I'm the main developer in charge of the The Armory Life forum and TheArmoryLife.com. Mike H., editor of The Armory Life, has asked me to post an explanatory message regarding the user titles/tags below your usernames on the forum, as there have been several questions regarding them.

Those who registered during the initial period of our giveaway of the five Hellcat pistols received an exclusive user title of Founding Member and that title will continue appear under those users' names as applicable.

Those who registered after the initial period follow a ranking system for their user title, which is based on the number of posts by each user. The ranking ladder is as follows:

That being said, we have noticed that it would be nice for Founding Members to be able to see their rank move up as well. So Founding Members will continue to keep their exclusive title but will also have the normal title appear before it, as follows:
Alpha, Founding Member: less than 25 posts
Operator, Founding Member: 25-99 posts
Elite, Founding Member: 100-249 posts
Master Class, Founding Member: 250-499 posts
Custom, Founding Member: 500-999 posts
Professional, Founding Member: 1000+ posts

Thanks for being part of the forum, and please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic that I can answer.

Louis
Thank you for the forum and for the explanation. I have enjoyed my interactions with those on the forum and look forward to continuing conversations.

How about the Founding Members being done similar to the Admin?

Proposed.jpg

Hello all,

That being said, we have noticed that it would be nice for Founding Members to be able to see their rank move up as well. So Founding Members will continue to keep their exclusive title but will also have the normal rank appear before it, as follows:
Alpha, Founding Member: less than 25 posts
Operator, Founding Member: 25-99 posts
Elite, Founding Member: 100-249 posts
Master Class, Founding Member: 250-499 posts
Custom, Founding Member: 500-999 posts
Professional, Founding Member: 1000+ posts

Louis

--

P.S. @SMSgtRod brought up a good point in asking about the trophies, so I am appending information here regarding them. Trophies are separate from user ranks/titles. Trophies only appear on your profile - they don't appear under your username on regular posts or anywhere besides your profile. They are meant as achievements to recognize participation in the forum and favorable feedback that has been received on your posts (like/love/haha reactions). See the whole list of trophies with an explanation for each one here: https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/help/trophies/

Each trophy has a point value associated with it as well - in the link above you will see 1, 2, 5, 10 points, etc. Those points are not currently being utilized for any particular purpose but we may choose at some point to reference them in the future.

Sorry, didn't address to you.... be more clear than on word wrapped

Proposed.jpg

You're welcome. Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I agree the Founding Member would ideally come first, but as I mentioned that is currently a limitation of the forum software.
That's fine, we certainly can live with it! Like yours, Staff Member top, position below, Admin, Mod... etc.
Anyways it was easy and looks very nice...
Thanks again Louis.... 👍

Hello all,

That being said, we have noticed that it would be nice for Founding Members to be able to see their rank move up as well. So Founding Members will continue to keep their exclusive title but will also have the normal rank appear above it.

Louis

--

The trophy information was too vague, but this is in conjunction with it.

Back