testtest

Review: Springfield Armory 911

Hi all to save some trouble of having to go through my limited defense rounds does anyone have good experience with certain defenses rounds? Figured you all with 911 9mms would have some feedback on what works well.

I need to replenish...

The problem is what works for others may not work for you in your gun...you’ll have to find out for yourself.

For example, I’ve got 10-11 different loads set to go to get tested in my RO LW Compact Champion, in weights from 115-147gr...but I’ve been stockpiling different carry loads for years.

It totally sucks right now, I get that...but buy a box, test a magazine with it, and if it is 100% reliable, and you think it’s accurate and controllable...load the tested mag for carry, and carry ball in your backup(s). That’s going to be my plan with the RO for the time being...

Hi all to save some trouble of having to go through my limited defense rounds does anyone have good experience with certain defenses rounds? Figured you all with 911 9mms would have some feedback on what works well.

I need to replenish...
I haven’t tried any self defense rounds yet, I want to break gun in with at least 200-250 rounds of ball before I try them, like Han’s said, what works for one, may not work for others

Good call everyone. Thank you. I will go at it another several hundred rounds then try some defense ammo.

if my lgs gets more decent priced ammo I will report my findings.

Thank you!

I need to replenish...

My 9mm 911 runs the Speer Gold Dot 147 gr GDHP rounds flawlessly. Speer also offers the Gold Dots in 124 gr and 135 gr. I assume they would work fine in the 911 due to the similar bullet shape, but I haven't personally run anything but the 147 gr through the gun so I can't attest to the reliability of the other weights.

My 9mm 911 runs the Speer Gold Dot 147 gr GDHP rounds flawlessly. Speer also offers the Gold Dots in 124 gr and 135 gr. I assume they would work fine in the 911 due to the similar bullet shape, but I haven't personally run anything but the 147 gr through the gun so I can't attest to the reliability of the other weights.

thank you. I actually have abox of gold dot 124 gr I will try out once I get a few more raining rounds though it. - thank you

Back