testtest

The Most Important Gun in American History?

Interesting article. Title's a hair bit off though? Likely should be "One of the most important guns in American history."
The most likely, most important gun in American history? Any gun that helps keep real American history and values American.

Interesting article. Title's a hair bit off though? Likely should be "One of the most important guns in American history."
The most likely, most important gun in American history? Any gun that helps keep real American history and values American.

Agreed.

Also, only pertaining to the article itself vs. BobM, in the article this sounds backwards. "John Simpson, who was the grandfather of Ulysses S. Grant and the great grandfather of Meriwether Lewis"

Meriwether Lewis was born on August 18, 1774 & Ulysses S. Grant was born on April 27, 1822. In doing a search John Simpson was the "maternal" Great-grandfather of Ulysses S. Grant — 4th Generation.

Lastly, I think the article is in error when it states that this "John Simpson" was a "grandfather-type" when a search of Meriwether Lewis pedigree shows no John Simpson, but the relationship may be a "step" one through his Mother's lineage. One point that the article maybbe confused is John Simpson (soldier) was from New Hampshire, and died there. He had a daughter named Hannah, but Hannah Simpson Grant was born in PA. So there was likely alot of Simpson's back then in different locations.

Search Meriwether Lewis & go to pedigree

For some reason above a direct link to the Meriwether Lewis page isn't working properly.

Ulysses S. Grant

My .02

Otherwise, a good article on a beautiful rifle.

In addition...

John Simpson (soldier)

Last edited:
Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled The Most Important Gun in American History? and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/the-most-important-gun-in-american-history/.

Great article Mike. During my last trip to the outdoor range I was leaving and someone showed up with this.
49A617CD-45DE-40C4-8C28-C3BFDE2CC740.jpeg

I spoke to the gentleman briefly and found out it was “brand new” made by a gunsmith who makes custom guns right here in Kentucky.

Agreed.

Also, only pertaining to the article itself vs. BobM, in the article this sounds backwards. "John Simpson, who was the grandfather of Ulysses S. Grant and the great grandfather of Meriwether Lewis"

Meriwether Lewis was born on August 18, 1774 & Ulysses S. Grant was born on April 27, 1822. In doing a search John Simpson was the "maternal" Great-grandfather of Ulysses S. Grant — 4th Generation.

Lastly, I think the article is in error when it states that this "John Simpson" was a "grandfather-type" when a search of Meriwether Lewis pedigree shows no John Simpson, but the relationship may be a "step" one through his Mother's lineage. One point that the article maybbe confused is John Simpson (soldier) was from New Hampshire, and died there. He had a daughter named Hannah, but Hannah Simpson Grant was born in PA. So there was likely alot of Simpson's back then in different locations.

Search Meriwether Lewis & go to pedigree

For some reason above a direct link to the Meriwether Lewis page isn't working properly.

Ulysses S. Grant

My .02

Otherwise, a good article on a beautiful rifle.

In addition...

John Simpson (soldier)
Talyn,

Good points on that! I totally missed that when I was proofing it. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll see if we can get it tuned up.

Fascinating rifle and article!!! I wish we had those Patriots standing with us right now. We must make sure they remain in our hearts and minds as we proceed forward in these perilous times.

Back