testtest

Handgun Ammo

When is this shortage of handgun ammunition going to end. I used to go to the range once a week with my .45 and .40 s&w pistols. Because of the shortage and pricing I now only practice with my .22 LR Ruger Mark II.
I feel ya, same here. I've been doing more dry fire, which I needed to be doing in the first place. One benefit of dry fire it helps with my shot anticipation.

Very true.

I'm down to a couple boxes of 9mm range ammo. I've had the Walther 9mm for a bit and I have put about 800-900 rounds through it, but I wouldn't use it as a carry gun. That's why I bought the HK. By which time I was down to maybe 5 boxes of 9mm. So I have ran a couple boxes through it and it performed flawlessly, but I'd be more comfortable with another 400 or so through it before I started carrying it routinely. I have just enough HST to load up 3 mags in either the Walther or the HK.

For the most part I am leaving them alone in a safe for the time being. I have plenty of .45 and plenty of .45s so I'm focusing on those and the shotguns. Albeit in a significantly minimized live fire capacity compared to my normal routine.

Also a lesson not to buy guns chambered for calibers you don't already have during an ammo shortage.
First stocking up on ammo when the prices are down. Second stop buying guns with off the wall caliber. Down to 22lr 22shorts 380acp 9mm 45acp in pistols and 22 mag 223/5.56 308 7.62x39 44 mag 45/70 and the odd ball 224 valkrie which I have the dies to reload them. I move away from 40cal 41mag 45long colt 444 marlin 450 marlin 270 and 30/30

So true, I had been considering buying a 10mm but currently there is no way I would be able to find ammo for it. Oh well, I really don't need a 10mm anyway.

Well, I had the money then. If I hadn't bought the HK I probably wouldn't have the money for it now. I would have spent in on some other gun. So I'm not too bummed. I got the gun I wanted, now I just have to shoot the other ones until I can get a good supply of 124 gr ball ammo.

I'll get my bonus in a couple months and I'll probably blow it all on other guns I can't get ammo for. lol

Unless you are stupid like me and wait to get a gun you ‘need’ until a crisis happens. And that gun is a totally different caliber from everything else in your arsenal.

Better late than never BUT don’t be stupid like me.

Well, I am pretty well stocked up for all the guns I already had, which is more than a few, so I didn't " Need" the 9mm. Frankly I'm old school and even with all the data and all the hoopla I still haven't totally fallen in love/trust with 9mm. I have several high capacity .45s that have always served me well.

Bob what model HK do you have?

Well, what I really wanted was a V1 P30L, but that was apparently unobtanium for now so I got a VP9. I briefly considered the new 2020 optic ready version, but I won't be putting a red dot on it and this one already came with three 17 round magazines for 6 beans so I bought it.

Well, I am pretty well stocked up for all the guns I already had, which is more than a few, so I didn't " Need" the 9mm. Frankly I'm old school and even with all the data and all the hoopla I still haven't totally fallen in love/trust with 9mm. I have several high capacity .45s that have always served me well.

Yup, your situation is different from mine in that I ‘needed’ an AR. I am not fond of 9 mm. I’ve had two over the course of past few years and I sold both. My .357sig, .40s&w, and .45acp are great but I did feel a sudden need for an AR this year. I just waited longer than I should have.

Yup, your situation is different from mine in that I ‘needed’ an AR. I am not fond of 9 mm. I’ve had two over the course of past few years and I sold both. My .357sig, .40s&w, and .45acp are great but I did feel a sudden need for an AR this year. I just waited longer than I should have.

Don't get me wrong, I did the same thing with the AR. I was interested in one kind of, but never got the fire for it and actually bought one until ammo was ridiculous. I paid $319 for 475 rounds of .62 gr. green tip from Lake City.

Back