testtest

Why Your .300 BLK Won’t Work…

Wow, I never realized that the grain weight also increases the overall length of this cartridge selection. I hunted with 210 grain .30-06 and switched to 165 grain for a flatter trajectory, but I never did a comparison on cartridge length.

Wow, I never realized that the grain weight also increases the overall length of this cartridge selection. I hunted with 210 grain .30-06 and switched to 165 grain for a flatter trajectory, but I never did a comparison on cartridge length.

There may very well be little to no difference in those two; the .30-06 has enough case volume that the heavier bullet can be seated deeper...where .300AAC doesn’t have the volume, requiring the heavier bullet to be seated further out, leading to a longer OAL.

Since 300 BLK will chamber in a .223 I painted the bottom of the 300 mags FDE and put a thin FDE band on the front of the handguard so there is no possibility of getting the mags confused.

Only 3 rounds come out in full auto mode. And then it jams. I told him to shoot 5.56 with a different upper assy. No response yet.

Are you trying 556 upper change, not chainbering 556 in a 300bo? Unwise! Function testing full auto against 300bo and 556 or what exactly?
He tried F/A with 300 BLK, it jamed after 3 rounds in a 300 complete upper assembly.
He’s got full auto, does he?
Hans he has a full auto AR15, registered and all. I gave him a 300 BLK 10.5" complete upper assy with 30 rounds of subsonic 300 AAC in a ar15 30 round magazine. I was curious if it would work with 300 AAC ammunition. He responded that it jams at 3 rounds. I don't have the availability to do what he can. He has a shooting range in Nevada. I just wanted to know it everything would work.

He tried F/A with 300 BLK, it jamed after 3 rounds in a 300 complete upper assembly.

Hans he has a full auto AR15, registered and all. I gave him a 300 BLK 10.5" complete upper assy with 30 rounds of subsonic 300 AAC in a ar15 30 round magazine. I was curious if it would work with 300 AAC ammunition. He responded that it jams at 3 rounds. I don't have the availability to do what he can. He has a shooting range in Nevada. I just wanted to know it everything would work.

.300 subs need more gas to be reliable...likely problem.

Usually, just attaching a suppressor will take care of it, or opening up the gas block, if it’s adjustable.

Never had a problem shooting .300blk using pmags with 125gr up to 240gr ammo

.300blk is my favorite intermediate rifle round to shoot, especially when suppressed!

What brand and cartridge of mags is he using? I don't have any 300bo mags, just 556. I'll reload some 185 - 240gr and check function with the 556 mags( lancer, pmag, hexmag and whatever else I have)?

Low powder charge with heavy bullets might have the pressure, but not the volume of gas. Burn rate vs gas volume produced. I don't run subs in my 300bo even with the 8.5" barrels or have suppressors. I've been saving my heavy 30cal bullets for my 300wm (190+ gr).

I like my 300 blackout very much. I use subsonic with a suppressor and have no issues with the cycle. Even my wife who doesn't shoot very often loved it.
300 blackout.jpg

Back