testtest

A Clueless New Gun Owner

How in the world did he NOT kill the girl next to him?

I presume the blood spatter on the floor is from his arm...
Yeah it looks like he shot her through his arm. I couldn’t copy the text of the article but if you listen carefully you can hear him saying something about needing to pull the trigger. There nothing mentioned about who the gun belonged to either.

This is why I prefer shooting at the indoor range where the partition between the shooting lanes is bullet proof. I can't concentrate on my shooting at outdoor ranges because I fear how the other idiots might be handling their weapons. Outdoor ranges for me are like, shoot a round, look around, shoot a round, look around, etc.

One of the members of the RV Club I belong to is missing his index finger because he managed to shoot it off while cleaning his pistol. Years of experience means nothing if you've never trained yourself or been trained on the proper use of a firearm.

I saw one not too long ago of some idiot at an indoor range waving his hand in front of the muzzle to see if his laser was working. Spoiler: he shot himself through the hand. Lots of blood on the floor.

It was this one. I don't know if he was new or just rather dim.

Last edited:
I saw one not too long ago of some idiot at an indoor range waving his hand in front of the muzzle to see if his laser was working. Spolier: he shot himself through the hand. Lots of blood on the floor.

It was this one. I don't know if he was new or just rather dim.

Things like that make you wonder what if anything is going through their head at that moment.

The whole thing makes me nervous. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that the 2A community has grown BUT it can’t be all good that panic is what caused the influx.

Some new gun owners have no plans to get trained, some are planning to shoot FMJ in defensive guns, others have no intention of getting a concealed carry license but every intention of carrying, some don’t see the value in using a holster, etc. And many are relying 100% on online forums and YouTube. But they bought a gun and have been carrying it around.

Every time I read ‘hi guys... I’m a newbie and have no idea how to use this gun’... I’m hoping that they aren’t one of the ones described above.

This is why I prefer shooting at the indoor range where the partition between the shooting lanes is bullet proof. I can't concentrate on my shooting at outdoor ranges because I fear how the other idiots might be handling their weapons. Outdoor ranges for me are like, shoot a round, look around, shoot a round, look around, etc.

One of the members of the RV Club I belong to is missing his index finger because he managed to shoot it off while cleaning his pistol. Years of experience means nothing if you've never trained yourself or been trained on the proper use of a firearm.
I got "shot" by an idiot at my local range over the summer when he was screwing around. He looked new and was yanking the trigger on his brand new AR as fast as he could at a 10-yard target. His target looked like it'd been hit with a shotgun. One of his stray rounds hit something metal downrange, came back, and embedded itself in my shirt. I gave him back his bullet, complained to the RO, and haven't been back. I saw other presumably new shooters flagging the line, pointing their new firearms at the ceiling, etc before my incident and the ROs rarely corrected them. It's getting crazy out there.

The whole thing makes me nervous. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that the 2A community has grown BUT it can’t be all good that panic is what caused the influx.

Some new gun owners have no plans to get trained, some are planning to shoot FMJ in defensive guns, others have no intention of getting a concealed carry license but every intention of carrying, some don’t see the value in using a holster, etc. And many are relying 100% on online forums and YouTube. But they bought a gun and have been carrying it around.

Every time I read ‘hi guys... I’m a newbie and have no idea how to use this gun’... I’m hoping that they aren’t one of the ones described above.
I sort of introduced myself like that. But, we received our lifetime concealed carry permits, we DO plan to attend training sessions, and until we do that (and get belts/holsters), our guns are in our closet. Not loaded.

Back