testtest

Commentary: Why Do We Hate the NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'm not a fan of State AG's looking into and perhaps bring charges on NRA funding allocations, it may be the only way to get rid of this despot and allow change to hopefully occur.
I'm no fan either, and I don't want the NY antigun state AG to have ANY ammo against the NRA because they will use that to abolish the NRA altogether and tout it as a major antigun victory. That being said, I believe the only way for the NRA to be reformed is to be abolished. And the only way for the NRA to be made to stop stabbing 2A rights in the back is for them to be abolished. Worse yet, the NRA has actually promoted gun control AS IF it were pro-gun bills, and pissed down the backsides of gun owners claiming it was a warm rain. This is why I consciously left the NRA and joined GOA as a life member there. I've tried to explain the anti-2A shenanigans of NRA HQ to fudd NRA fanboys, but they thought WLP could do no wrong and they believed only what NRA HQ told them in spite of evidence to the contrary.

In a way, antigun, anti-2A MSM hit pieces on the NRA are actually doing the 2A activist community an unintended favor. It's waking up gun owners to the shenanigans at NRA HQ, enraging them and causing them to abandon the NRA for REAL Pro-2A GROUPS like GOA & FPC. When people stop regarding the NRA as the nation's premier gun rights org, the NRA will no longer have the ability to sell us down the river and betray our freedom as they've been consistently doing since 1934.
NO NRA.png

I'm no fan either, and I don't want the NY antigun state AG to have ANY ammo against the NRA because they will use that to abolish the NRA altogether and tout it as a major antigun victory. That being said, I believe the only way for the NRA to be reformed is to be abolished. And the only way for the NRA to be made to stop stabbing 2A rights in the back is for them to be abolished. Worse yet, the NRA has actually promoted gun control AS IF it were pro-gun bills, and pissed down the backsides of gun owners claiming it was a warm rain. This is why I consciously left the NRA and joined GOA as a life member there. I've tried to explain the anti-2A shenanigans of NRA HQ to fudd NRA fanboys, but they thought WLP could do no wrong and they believed only what NRA HQ told them in spite of evidence to the contrary.

In a way, antigun, anti-2A MSM hit pieces on the NRA are actually doing the 2A activist community an unintended favor. It's waking up gun owners to the shenanigans at NRA HQ, enraging them and causing them to abandon the NRA for REAL Pro-2A GROUPS like GOA & FPC. When people stop regarding the NRA as the nation's premier gun rights org, the NRA will no longer have the ability to sell us down the river and betray our freedom as they've been consistently doing since 1934.
View attachment 1116
When you say you left the NRA, how is this done? Are you still a Lifetime member that just walked away? Or is there a process where you recouped some $$ by "closing" your membership?. And if it's one thing that gets me roiled, it's these chairpersons that abuse charities and use donations as a method to increase their lifestyle buying CC memberships, houses, cars, etc. It just seems to me that Wayne LaPierre may fall into this category.

When you say you left the NRA, how is this done? Are you still a Lifetime member that just walked away? Or is there a process where you recouped some $$ by "closing" your membership?. And if it's one thing that gets me roiled, it's these chairpersons that abuse charities and use donations as a method to increase their lifestyle buying CC memberships, houses, cars, etc. It just seems to me that Wayne LaPierre may fall into this category.

I sent some very strongly worded letters to NRA HQ declaring I was rescinding my membership, and though I was ignored several times, eventually they got the hint and removed me from their email, postal, phone & other lists. I did not recoup any money, not that it really mattered to me.

The more I looked into WLP, his lifestyle, his associations & practices, and everything else, I've come to the firm conclusion that the man is a worm. His wife has hooks into stuff too, and she benefits personally from the NRA coffers. I cannot stress enough that this man is cancer, he is radioactive, his interest in the NRA has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH DEFENDING 2A AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HIS PERSONAL ENRICHMENT. HE'S THE EPITOME OF THE BELTWAY SWAMP!!

I sent some very strongly worded letters to NRA HQ declaring I was rescinding my membership, and though I was ignored several times, eventually they got the hint and removed me from their email, postal, phone & other lists. I did not recoup any money, not that it really mattered to me.

The more I looked into WLP, his lifestyle, his associations & practices, and everything else, I've come to the firm conclusion that the man is a worm. His wife has hooks into stuff too, and she benefits personally from the NRA coffers. I cannot stress enough that this man is cancer, he is radioactive, his interest in the NRA has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH DEFENDING 2A AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HIS PERSONAL ENRICHMENT. HE'S THE EPITOME OF THE BELTWAY SWAMP!!
Thanks. Yeah, the money isn't as important a factor, just wondering if they had a process in place for residing memberships. As far as WLP goes, tell me how you really feel about him 🤯 :). I just joined the GOA and think it's important for 2A believers to band together whether in organizations or individually voicing their opinions on boards such as this. I do however, want my donations to any groups/orgs to be maximized thus having the greatest impact to ensure this right is never illegally taken from us. Thanks again for responding.

Hi BET7.

Save the Second (Safethe2A.org) is a group working diligently to change and preserve the NRA. They are planning a podcast sometime tomorrow (Monday) to talk about the NRA BoD slate, who the good guys are and who should be voted off. If you have time, it would be good to sit in on that to gather more information before you vote. I have already sent my ballot back in, but wish I had known about this before I filled it out. I really appreciate what these guys are trying to do. The NRA is a great organization, but like I said earlier, it is sick.

Hi BET7.

Save the Second (Safethe2A.org) is a group working diligently to change and preserve the NRA. They are planning a podcast sometime tomorrow (Monday) to talk about the NRA BoD slate, who the good guys are and who should be voted off. If you have time, it would be good to sit in on that to gather more information before you vote. I have already sent my ballot back in, but wish I had known about this before I filled it out. I really appreciate what these guys are trying to do. The NRA is a great organization, but like I said earlier, it is sick.
Thanks somorris, I’d like to hear that. Where would I find it? I went to the website (thanks), and couldn’t see it (there’s a lot of stuff out there). If I’m up and about, I’ll try to catch it and I think it would be very beneficial. I’ve been with the NRA for about 8 years, and have grown concerned about how monies & donations are handled. It’s great to hear about this organization you’ve listed here & I agree the NRA is worthy to try to be saved. It just appears there are BoD members that have been entrenched on the board for so long and it it would help this org to rid themselves of them and get some new blood in there. I know Tom Gresham (Gun Talk Media) is a big proponent on getting rid of WLP, and I’ve listened to him explain why and I seem to agree.

Thanks somorris, I’d like to hear that. Where would I find it? I went to the website (thanks), and couldn’t see it (there’s a lot of stuff out there). If I’m up and about, I’ll try to catch it and I think it would be very beneficial. I’ve been with the NRA for about 8 years, and have grown concerned about how monies & donations are handled. It’s great to hear about this organization you’ve listed here & I agree the NRA is worthy to try to be saved. It just appears there are BoD members that have been entrenched on the board for so long and it it would help this org to rid themselves of them and get some new blood in there. I know Tom Gresham (Gun Talk Media) is a big proponent on getting rid of WLP, and I’ve listened to him explain why and I seem to agree.
I really started wondering what was going on when Olly North split.

According to an e-mail I got this morning, the session is scheduled for tonight, Monday Jan. 27, at 8 pm. EST. The e-mail says you can tune in via Facebook Live or Youtube. It is listed as a podcast. You may have to do a little poking around to find it, but I think it will be a worthwhile effort.

I really started wondering what was going on when Olly North split.

I kinda got the feeling that WLP went to Ollie and said; "If you don't step down, I'll go public & say you have dirt on the Clintons." :ROFLMAO:

That whole episode proves that the EVP (WLP) has too much power in the organization and that he can punish those who try to reform things from within as Ollie tried to do. Personally I think Ollie should have just gone straight to the Board rather than telegraphing his intentions as he did, but that was complicated by the fact that before the big blow-up last April, everyone running the NRA had all these 'incestuous' relationships between their positions at NRA and their positions with AckMac and the conflict of interest that the two created. Members have been demanding answers, but these revelations forced NRA to sever ties with AckMac, triggering the lawsuits flying back & forth....

According to an e-mail I got this morning, the session is scheduled for tonight, Monday Jan. 27, at 8 pm. EST. The e-mail says you can tune in via Facebook Live or Youtube. It is listed as a podcast. You may have to do a little poking around to find it, but I think it will be a worthwhile effort.
Yeah somorris, I found it on the savethe2a.org site under Ron Carter's "Voting inside the NRA" article dated 1/26/20 (I wish they gave their recommendations on who not to vote for, perhaps it will be in the podcast tonight). I also Listened to the podcast Episode 16 "Preparing for the NRA BoD meeting" that ran for about 46 minutes (very enlightening). I can't thanks you enough, somorris, for pointing me to this site. I think every NRA member, and those thinking of joining, should bookmark this site's webpage and read/listen to their goals to clean up the NRA leadership. It appears that the NRA board (most of them but not all), serve at the whim of Wayne LaPierre (WLP) and operate like a cult (similar to Scientology), keeping members shut out on the decision both in policy and financially, they are making. Very good stuff, thanks again.

I was a member of NRA.But I'm no dummy.I renew my membership & for the next year I recive constant mail asking me to renew my membership.WTF ? I would get some sort of mail everyweek about making donations. I was living in Illinois at the time and they sold us out.I don't care about their internal workings.They sold us out and as far as I'm concerned.They are over. Would you want them on your 6 ?

I listened to the entire 2.5 hour podcast on Savethe2a.org going over each nominee for the BoD (Pro's and Con's), and how the three doing the podcast would vote (One doesn't have voting rights yet, so he just gave his opinion on how he would if he could.). Here's the link to the podcast https://www.savethe2a.org/podcast/. I would strongly suggest all NRA members take a look at this organization (https://www.savethe2a.org/), and make an informed decision, not only on voting, but what's going on within the NRA, specifically with its leadership. Save the 2a, isn't trying to overthrow or dismantle the NRA, they are trying to save it by getting people involved for reform both on the board and within its membership. Things like the board trying to buy Wayne LaPierre a large house, and then when discovered, either denying it or saying it was just a "safe house" for Wayne, I for one find it criminal and disturbing (Is this where my money is going?). I'm not saying the NRA is bad, nor am I trying to persuade you to leave, only that you should learn from sources such as this and make an informed decision for yourself. We must all stick together to protect the 2A, and organizations that do so are required.
Thanks so much to posters somorris and Minuteman1969 for pointing me to this site and explaining how the board is selected, etc. I greatly appreciate it.

The NRA BOD is beginning to implement some reforms, so let's hope that this is the start of a trend. Nonetheless, they need to fire Wayne as well as Josh Powell, and that needs to happen ASAP - they're the heart of the problem with HQ.

Allen West would make an awesome EVP, but as I said in another post elsewhere, I rescinded my life membership over 10 years ago because I won't support an org that's actively stabbing us in the back. Thus I haven't been a voting member for quite some time. I didn't see the point in being a voting life member when WLP has fully insulated himself from any accountability.
When they get into it for the money the rest of us become pointless!

Give and take time is way past due, since take has been too much it's time too give as in give them hedoublehockey sticks. Up theirs on better too give than too receive.

For those NRA voting eligible members that want to see change on the BoD, I've included the link below from the Savethe2a organization with their recommendations. I watched the entire live 2.5 hours podcast, where the three members broke down each of the 39 candidates. The criteria for these final recommendations were only for this vote and for those the group thought would be vocal for change and reform. They came to their recommendations by attending NRA meetings and talking with the nominees, emailing them, and calling them on the phone. Most of the candidates responded, some didn't at all. The three Savethe2a people reinforced that most to all of the nominees were nice people, and some would be excellent choices for the BoD, if the criteria of fighting hard for reform didn't apply. Although you can vote for a maximum of 31 of the 39 nominees, the group suggested to keep it to a minimum, as to not "water down" the voting results. I'll be following Rob Pinkus's recommendations as he gave good reasons during the podcast and I trust what I see from him as having watched several of his PDN videos.

Maybe someone could help me out here. I've been a lifetime member for about 2 years, and before that, an annual member each year since 2012. When I became a lifetime member, I E-mailed them, asking how one goes about voting (since I understood Lifetime members are eligible to vote). After several E-mails with no response, and phone calls that were just endless "wait on the line", I figured they really didn't want me to vote,, and it was a way to keep the same board in power. Someone in one of the Thread posts, indicated it should be in the magazine I get from them (Thank you for that). Well, I finally got my copy of American Rifleman and noticed I finally have a ballot to vote on. It's a list of 39 names that I can vote for 31 of those. These are "Director Nominations" for the Board of Directors that consists of 76 members. My Question(s): Do NRA members get to vote for the offices or President, Chairman, etc. or is this done by the Board of Directors? Who are the ones that make up the Nominating Committee that come up with this list? I'm fearful that the Board makes all the decisions on nominations & votes for the higher offices, thus keeping everything and everybody "Status Que" resulting in "The Rich, get Richer" plane of existance. (Note: I've haven't yet read the rules, Nominees Bio's, etc. Perhaps answers to my questions lie within. Figured I'd ask if anyone knows. Personally, I'm not a fan of staying with a Board that's been there for ions. I'd prefer sweeping changes and getting in new blood and views on the Board including the higher offices). Thanks
Lol, told you it would be in your magazine sir, not sure on voting for president, chairman and such, I think it’s the board members you vote for do the actual voting for those positions, but, I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back