testtest

Conceal Carry Insurance?

What Conceal Carry Insurance do you use?

• USCAA

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • CCW Safe

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Second Call Defense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US Law Shield

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Insurance?! I don’t need no stinkin insurance!

• Other (please post comment)

• Total voters
Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network.

They will post bail in states without bail bondsmen which many of the other won't. (Very important in Illinois.)
Their coverage is the same in all states which some of the others don't do.
They cover all weapons and physical actions for self defense which some of the others specifically exclude.
Some of their coverage is more generous in some areas than others offer.
People who have had to use them were happy with how they were treated.

Picking coverage is very complex and confusing. People also have different needs and geography may play a part in it.

Here is a real world example: A Galva, Illinois farmer defended himself against a drugged up 20 year old body builder with a gun on the edge of his property. The Henry County Sheriff's Office responded and did not charge him. It was discovered that the shooting took place just over the county border in Knox County. The Assistant State's Attorney in Knox County directed the Knox County Sheriff's Office to arrest him at the hospital at which he was being treated and charge him with murder. What a difference a few yards make.

He sat in jail until bail could be raised by his family. His attorney fees were over 100K. He did not have any coverage.

Springfield Armory is in Henry County.

Attachments

• Network_2021-01.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 249
Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network.

They will post bail in states without bail bondsmen which many of the other won't. (Very important in Illinois.)
Their coverage is the same in all states which some of the others don't do.
They cover all weapons and physical actions for self defense which some of the others specifically exclude.
Some of their coverage is more generous in some areas than others offer.
People who have had to use them were happy with how they were treated.

Picking coverage is very complex and confusing. People also have different needs and geography may play a part in it.

Here is a real world example: A Galva, Illinois farmer defended himself against a drugged up 20 year old body builder with a gun on the edge of his property. The Henry County Sheriff's Office responded and did not charge him. It was discovered that the shooting took place just over the county border in Knox County. The Assistant State's Attorney in Knox County directed the Knox County Sheriff's Office to arrest him at the hospital at which he was being treated and charge him with murder. What a difference a few yards make.

He sat in jail until bail could be raised by his family. His attorney fees were over 100K. He did not have any coverage.

Springfield Armory is in Henry County.

I remember when this happened. I didn't know it cost him so much though.

I can remember a time when all the anti-gun folks raved and ranted about how we gun owners should be required to carry some type of insurance. Now that a relative type insurance is available, those same anti-gun folks are calling it a 'cop-out' when we take advantage of it.

Now, isn't that just like them !!!!!!! (y)(y)(y):) No matter what, we just can't seem to satisfy them.

If I lived in a state without pre-emptive liability laws I would probably get it.
Same here in NH.

There's no risk of civil or criminal charges in a justified shooting. The only tricky thing is who is the one calling a shooting justified.

I do not have the insurance myself though I may look into it just to see pricing. Some insurances are pretty cheap.

Same here in NH.

There's no risk of civil or criminal charges in a justified shooting. The only tricky thing is who is the one calling a shooting justified.

I do not have the insurance myself though I may look into it just to see pricing. Some insurances are pretty cheap.
1609816023198.png

Back