testtest

Should I buy anyway?

Stingray

Alpha
Here i am one day away from buying my first handgun and I have realized, from lots of gun shop visits, that I will not be able to actually shoot my new gun because there is no ammo! Assuming this is true, should I still spend the food budget and buy the gun of my dreams or should I buy a baseball bat instead?

Shop online - ammo exists, just not at prices we (who have been at this for a while) like.

ammoseek.com is popular. Right now, 9mm which I used to get for under .20/rd, is running (I think) about .63/rd.

It's out there...we just all have to be on a diet.

As for the gun...new law proposals don't look good. Get it while you can. You can always lose it in a boating accident later :sneaky:

Here i am one day away from buying my first handgun and I have realized, from lots of gun shop visits, that I will not be able to actually shoot my new gun because there is no ammo! Assuming this is true, should I still spend the food budget and buy the gun of my dreams or should I buy a baseball bat instead?
What are you getting? There is ammo out there it's just expensive.

Go for it. Look online for sure. Inventory is scarce, which does not help prices but I will admit I imposed bought a P938 last night because...well I found it in stock at below MSRP.

I would recommend picking up something you feel comfortable with and in the mean time get to know your new purchase well with a lot of dry firing using snap caps.

Speaking of ammo:
My LGS just got a full pallet of federal .45acp in stock and they selling it for $21.00 a box.

I agree with Hans. An Academy store offered me a box of ammo with my new purchase, because they hold ammo back from the public for this exact reason.
I had the same experience with Academy a few weeks ago, and I know a lot of the local gun shops are doing the same. I'd advise buying the gun now. I've watched all of the guns on my list go up in value an average of $100 over the past couple of weeks. Prices may come back down, but I don't expect it within the next few months. There is also the chance of new state or federal legislation complicating the purchasing process by the time you find the gun again.

I finally saw a Rapide Black Ice in 9mm in my LGS. I’ve been dying to get my hands on one for months. It was priced $500 over MSRP. Needless to say, I came home empty handed.
I was checking sites tonight like I should not be looking at what is available. Got all excited when I found a saint edge. Been wanting one. But it’s 300 over Msrp on SA site. Guess not.
If anyone is looking for a model STV975556B-B5 I can send you the info. 1375 free ship from OK

Go for it, you may find ammo and if you do you will have the pistol. As others, I’m starting to see firearms go for over MSRP. There are a couple shops that I know when the delivery is for ammo and if I am off that day I will ride up to the store and see what they got in. Some of the other places are starting to sell ammo with the purchase of a firearm.

Ammo is out there but high $$$. Self defense is really high FMJ not as bad. Supposedly according to this video
we should hopefully see things settle down a little as the Remington factory comes back online. I don't think it's as much gloom and doom as some predict re availability (or lack of due to politico) but I don't think we'll see the deals we saw prior to the plandemic

I'm a firm believer in "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it".

I was checking sites tonight like I should not be looking at what is available. Got all excited when I found a saint edge. Been wanting one. But it’s 300 over Msrp on SA site. Guess not.
If anyone is looking for a model STV975556B-B5 I can send you the info. 1375 free ship from OK
For an Edge pistol, I’d go for it. They had one in my LGS on the weekend for a similar price. I nearly bought it and I don’t even want one! The AR pistols are hot, hot, hot! You could probably buy it now and unload it in a months time for a profit.

Buy what you want, maybe splurge on self defense ammo with the hope you never have to use it and try to find some steel cased rounds on luckygunner.com or at a local shop that don't gouge your pocketbook too much so you can go to the range and feel like you're not shooting cash out of your barrel.

Back