testtest

HELP - Looking For Holster (Hellcat OSP, Laser/Light)

I am having a really hard time finding a holster that will work now that I've added the laser light combo to my gun. Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated. Looking for something on the waistband not in. Thank You.

Is or can be difficult to find right gun holster for far too many add on sights. Can think of 4 options.

1/ Call Springfield Armory. Are nice, knowledgeable & helpful there from my experience.

2/ At Springfield Armory website store. Look for store then "Hellcat holsters" Depending on mounted sight, they have a few listed. Think all are Kydex plastic.

3/ Contact holster mfg. Have custom holster made just for you.

4/ Find inexpensive "OWB" thumb strap type nylon holster, remove reinforcing stitching by trigger guard. Found an Uncle Mikes holster that did that with to to get by with for awhile with a Hellcat Viridian laser sight mounted. Works good. Thinking a #4 size, not sure. It isn't a fancy holster, plain black, looks ok and still works until can find another holster to your liking? The Uncle Mikes holster, thinking will not work for Hellcat with OSP sight mounted, but may? Haven't tried. But will with Hellcat Viridian Laser from Springfield. Use what's called a "seam ripper" to take out stitching if you go that way. Makes it much easier. Available at sewing supply shop for couple of dollars. Or, use small pocket knife? Seam ripper much easier and safer. Been there too. Hope that helps.

Is or can be difficult to find right gun holster for far too many add on sights. Can think of 4 options.

1/ Call Springfield Armory. Are nice, knowledgeable & helpful there from my experience.

2/ At Springfield Armory website store. Look for store then "Hellcat holsters" Depending on mounted sight, they have a few listed. Think all are Kydex plastic.

3/ Contact holster mfg. Have custom holster made just for you.

4/ Find inexpensive "OWB" thumb strap type nylon holster, remove reinforcing stitching by trigger guard. Found an Uncle Mikes holster that did that with to to get by with for awhile with a Hellcat Viridian laser sight mounted. Works good. Thinking a #4 size, not sure. It isn't a fancy holster, plain black, looks ok and still works until can find another holster to your liking? The Uncle Mikes holster, thinking will not work for Hellcat with OSP sight mounted, but may? Haven't tried. But will with Hellcat Viridian Laser from Springfield. Use what's called a "seam ripper" to take out stitching if you go that way. Makes it much easier. Available at sewing supply shop for couple of dollars. Or, use small pocket knife? Seam ripper much easier and safer. Been there too. Hope that helps.
Thank you for all the great ideas, I'll go check them out, I might just have to have one made for it. I didn't think this was going to be such a difficult task lol.

Thank you for all the great ideas, I'll go check them out, I might just have to have one made for it. I didn't think this was going to be such a difficult task lol.
You're welcome anytime. Finding holsters can be a real toughy once sights & extras are installed, especially form fitted holsters. Finding holsters for no frills guns is fairly easy. Form fit holsters almost should come with gun or sight. Some do offer the combo. Having both an OSP mounted & laser sight is almost impossible task when looking for holsters
until holster mfg.'s catch up. Hope you find & get what holster you like.
Bright side: OWB holsters usually easier finding.

Most makers will do custom jobs. It's worth it to contact them via message on their website or email and ask if they can make one. I did this with Crossbreed and I think I was the first guy to get a holster for a M 2.0 Shield .45 w/ integrated CT laser.
I sent out some emails to see if I can get one custom made, Crossbreed was one of them, keep your fingers crossed for me and thank you for the help :)

If you are in a gun friendly state and the proprietors of the show and the building management aren't overly sensitive, go to a gun show that has kydex holster makers present. I have had several made for different guns over the years from a couple different and very good guys at shows in PA who made them while I waited. (Gun unloaded in box with everything installed).

If you are in a gun friendly state and the proprietors of the show and the building management aren't overly sensitive, go to a gun show that has kydex holster makers present. I have had several made for different guns over the years from a couple different and very good guys at shows in PA who made them while I waited. (Gun unloaded in box with everything installed).
Good idea, thank you, next time I go to a show I’ll keep my eyes open 😊

I went with option 3, in fact I just mailed my TLR6 out to these guys today. https://slimfitholsters.com

I'm not sure which light/laser combo you have. But if it's a TLR6 (XD version), then https://slimfitholsters.com will likely be able to mold kydex for it after they get mine done.
I went with option 3, in fact I just mailed my TLR6 out to these guys today. https://slimfitholsters.com

I'm not sure which light/laser combo you have. But if it's a TLR6 (XD version), then https://slimfitholsters.com will likely be able to mold kydex for it after they get mine done.
I’ve got the Osprey

I’ve got the Osprey Global but the more I play with it the more I don’t like how much room it takes up in my trigger space so I’m thinking about maybe getting another one for this gun. Love the light and laser on it but I’m thinking would be better on a full size gun. Thank you for the info, I’ll go check out your laser too.

I’ve got the Osprey

I’ve got the Osprey Global but the more I play with it the more I don’t like how much room it takes up in my trigger space so I’m thinking about maybe getting another one for this gun. Love the light and laser on it but I’m thinking would be better on a full size gun. Thank you for the info, I’ll go check out your laser too.
There's no specific Streamlight TLR6 for the hellcat. I'm using the Springfield XD version of it on mine. The trigger guard area fit is loose. But I've been able to take out the slop by cutting a foam ear plug in half, and stuffing it where it meets the trigger guard.

There's no specific Streamlight TLR6 for the hellcat. I'm using the Springfield XD version of it on mine. The trigger guard area fit is loose. But I've been able to take out the slop by cutting a foam ear plug in half, and stuffing it where it meets the trigger guard.
Oh now that’s good thinking 👍🏻 Good to know thank you

Can't find it in stock anywhere.
It’s tuff to find a lot of stuff right now, so frustrating. I did find a Crimson Trace model 207G that I’m trying to find out if it will fit. I think it just might work, I’ve got an email into them and waiting for a reply to make sure. Fingers crossed 🤞

Back