testtest

Available Ammo

Yes it is priced a little high, but it is the first time I have seen this much availability in a while.

Ammo availability has certainly increased a lot as of late. I didn't check all the calibers at LG, but I can tell you that there is plenty of 5.56 and 9mm available cheaper from other places.

Of course if you're willing to line up at 6 AM on a Monday or Wednesday waiting for Academy to open at 9 AM you, like a buddy of mine last week, can score 1000 rds. of 5.56 for 200 and something bucks.

I've been scoring 9mm steadily for the last 2 weeks or so at Academy. I managed to get my hands on about (7) 150 packs of 5.56 green tips at Bass Pro yesterday on a random mid-day swing by. Ammo shipments seem to be much more frequent and with greater yields lately. I refuse to pay the ransom prices online. It's insane.

Ammo availability has certainly increased a lot as of late. I didn't check all the calibers at LG, but I can tell you that there is plenty of 5.56 and 9mm available cheaper from other places.

Of course if you're willing to line up at 6 AM on a Monday or Wednesday waiting for Academy to open at 9 AM you, like a buddy of mine last week, can score 1000 rds. of 5.56 for 200 and something bucks.
I wish I could swing by academy or bass pro in the mornings. Dang job haha.

I wish I could swing by academy or bass pro in the mornings. Dang job haha.

My buddy and his son took the day off work specifically to go to Academy. He said by 7 AM there were about 100 people in line. I like normal priced ammo as much as the next guy, but even if I was off work I don't think I would line up for 3 hours and then rush in to the gun counter in a race against everyone else for a shot at some normal priced ammo.

My buddy and his son took the day off work specifically to go to Academy. He said by 7 AM there were about 100 people in line. I like normal priced ammo as much as the next guy, but even if I was off work I don't think I would line up for 3 hours and then rush in to the gun counter in a race against everyone else for a shot at some normal priced ammo.
I completely agree with you. Just not sure I could do it even if I had the time.

Where at? Both of the Academy location near me dont have anywhere near those types of lines. I show up at 8:50 and by 9:10 i'm walking out with ammo. That's crazy. Bass Pro is a bit different though. People show up at 6 am on sunday to get a ticket number and then come back at 10 when they open.

Where at? Both of the Academy location near me dont have anywhere near those types of lines. I show up at 8:50 and by 9:10 i'm walking out with ammo. That's crazy. Bass Pro is a bit different though. People show up at 6 am on sunday to get a ticket number and then come back at 10 when they open.
St. Louis. Technically I think it's Ballwin. Manchester at 141. I suspect the 1000 rds. for under $300 guaranteed long lines.

I show up to Academy in my area about 9:45 or 10am... i stroll right in with zero lines and 75% of the time there is ammo left because they limit it to 2 boxes a customer

Yes it is priced a little high, but it is the first time I have seen this much availability in a while.

Box of 800 Federal Champion .22LR $215! You can find it regularly around the internet for $85. I think they’re taking a a crack at Outdoor Limited’s “Most Outrageous Prices” title.

I’m gonna have to pay online prices - up to a point - and cut back on my shooting. (My springtime allergies will expedite this plan!).

I spent too much time standing in line in my early Army days to tolerate it now. Esp if there’s some condition like “two box limit per caliber “ or whatever.
Just not worth it to me.

I’m gonna have to pay online prices - up to a point - and cut back on my shooting. (My springtime allergies will expedite this plan!).

I spent too much time standing in line in my early Army days to tolerate it now. Esp if there’s some condition like “two box limit per caliber “ or whatever.
Just not worth it to me.

Well prices are trending downwards. You can find 1000 rds. of 5.56 in the $700 neighborhood at a few places on line. Still ridiculously high priced, but lower than the $1/rd. that was common a month or two ago.

I'm not in horrible shape, but at some point in the near future I'm going to bite the bullet and pick up 500 rounds of 5.56 and 500 rounds of 124gr. FMJ 9mm.

Found .223 for .52 cents a round at Brownells....

but you have to buy 14,000 rounds 🤣🤣🤣🤣

523EB086-6106-4261-BFD9-C85BE9246851.jpeg

Back