testtest

6 Concealed-Carry Tips You Need to Know

Good article. I stay home so trouble has to come to me. That's pretty safe don't you think?
When I do have to go out, it's daylight, never around alcohol or known trouble spots.

Now if I were a narco cop, or a felon packing, or a dozen other scenarios I can see the point in being super sensitive about concealment. But would some of you pros inform me of why I should be so concerned about "printing" and the like? The micro 9 in my front pocket is always there, I take no particular care about who or if someone detects it. Who are the folks "looking" at me trying to determine if I am packing and why? I'm willing to raise my awareness level on this matter if you just explain why I should. And thanks.

Then why carry the micro 9 ? Carry something more effective and just put it in an OWB.

There's no shortage of reasons why when carrying concealed you should strive to not look like your carrying concealed. Off the top of my head, if I'm a guy trying to rob you in a parking garage I already know that you have a gun so I'm probably just going to shoot you before you know what I'm up to. I could go on, but use your imagination.

Pretty much follow those concepts daily. Work is the only place I don't carry. I do make a great effort when dressing to not print but don't let it dictate my actions during the day. As you stated (Bassbob) I prefer to be the only one that knows I am armed. I also feel that with some, knowing you are armed makes you target #1.

Good article. I stay home so trouble has to come to me. That's pretty safe don't you think?
When I do have to go out, it's daylight, never around alcohol or known trouble spots.

Now if I were a narco cop, or a felon packing, or a dozen other scenarios I can see the point in being super sensitive about concealment. But would some of you pros inform me of why I should be so concerned about "printing" and the like? The micro 9 in my front pocket is always there, I take no particular care about who or if someone detects it. Who are the folks "looking" at me trying to determine if I am packing and why? I'm willing to raise my awareness level on this matter if you just explain why I should. And thanks.
C. Sumpin:
Agreed. Yes, is a good article.
You're welcome? Possibly trying to ruffle feathers or just innocent questions?

Generally speaking, being aware of different situations at different times is usually considered good defense to many people.

"Home" hopefully is where the heart and safety is, but home can also be different for different people? Home can also be a nest in the woods, cardboard box, an apartment complex, typical 3bd/2bath ranch style house a five story Mcmansion, penthouse or what ever. Home? Safe? Depends on time of day or night, neighborhood or whatever too, right? Trouble rarely knows any bounds, home also isn't always safety for some people? Hopefully, you stay safe in your home while all the rest of us do too.

Implied booze, drugs or whatever effects being good or not? - Everything has a chemical composition. Those things and possible trouble spots? Depends on by who's perspective and who a person may be and where too? Sometimes rarely any difference from my experience. Sometimes is left to a persons personal definition.

Pro whatever? Perspective? Am no professional anything. Not thinking there's such a thing, creature or person alive. Me, pro? The next guy pro? What usually seen is some good or better than others at some things, likely as average as next guy and as bad or worse than the next is more likely? Pro whatever is generally speaking more smoke and mirrors? Being "Pro" anything may come down to just an attitude and lifestyle of how things are done and lived?

As far as "printing" goes? Many things may be obvious and some not so much to some? Avoidance is sometimes the best defense or key, sometimes not so much? CC gives an option to some scenarios, can make some people feel at ease, more comfortable, others not so much. Are many variables in life's settings. As a general rule, may be best to make people as happy and comfortable as able. Upsetting people rarely causes everyone concerned much happiness. Unhappy people can generally cause or create domino effect issues. Does that help explain some things better?

Related to that and what else you also stated? Somethings are a two way street sometimes? Many things are perceived to be one thing when in fact they may be another? A casual approach to most things is usual best way to many things. The "Are you looking at me" thing? Maybe paranoia, maybe something else too? Someone's fly down, pant's on straight, on fire or someone may look familiar and is or isn't? Who knows? "Boyscout" it, be prepared.

On the other hand? Which one? Possibly both? Found it best not dwell on too many things for the most part. Guns, weapons other tools included. Forgetting or being so comfortable and then forgetting what's being done, where and why may also be a persons undoing?

Am sure there's as many reasons for your concerns as there are people on this planet. From another perspective? We have many things, some are our physical and mental senses. Some are common while some aren't? Applying to that and in other ways? In general with many things and in broad terms: "If you don't use it, you may lose it?" Keep that in mind when trying to keep whoever or whatever already have? Does that help clarify things for you a bit better? Hope so.

Someone else already replied but I have a different response:

Why worry about printing?

Long after I retired from active law enforcement, I stopped at a small neighborhood pharmacy to talk to the pharmacist who was a close personal friend. Seeing he had a customer, I stood toward the back of this small store waiting for him to be free to to socialize.

A 20 something guy comes in and starts to head to the Rx counter. My instincts pick up instantly because of his appearance. The guy starts to push the customer aside while reaching into his coat pocket looking directly at my buddy and freezes. Apparently he spotted me out of the corner of his eye, makes a different decision, and runs headlong out of the store.

Nobody was hurt but this same guy robbed another small pharmacy about an hour later at gunpoint shooting two people in the process. He was a junkie with a record. He admitted that he had planned to rob my friend's place but ran out when he spotted an "off duty cop".

My thought was, what if he decided to shoot the "cop" and then rob the place? What if I had been light instead of heavy?

Printing identifies someone as a primary threat to someone looking to do something wrong to others. Why would someone want to be so identified?

Backstory: I was wearing a Navy peacoat (never in the Navy - just like the coat) which has some similarities to the uniform coat of the local police and a sort of uniform style shirt in chambray blue also somewhat similar to what local LEOs would wear. It stopped there as I was wearing jeans and suede desert boots and certainly no tie or hat. It never occurred to me someone would take me for a cop.

Someone else already replied but I have a different response:

Why worry about printing?

Long after I retired from active law enforcement, I stopped at a small neighborhood pharmacy to talk to the pharmacist who was a close personal friend. Seeing he had a customer, I stood toward the back of this small store waiting for him to be free to to socialize.

A 20 something guy comes in and starts to head to the Rx counter. My instincts pick up instantly because of his appearance. The guy starts to push the customer aside while reaching into his coat pocket looking directly at my buddy and freezes. Apparently he spotted me out of the corner of his eye, makes a different decision, and runs headlong out of the store.

Nobody was hurt but this same guy robbed another small pharmacy about an hour later at gunpoint shooting two people in the process. He was a junkie with a record. He admitted that he had planned to rob my friend's place but ran out when he spotted an "off duty cop".

My thought was, what if he decided to shoot the "cop" and then rob the place? What if I had been light instead of heavy?

Printing identifies someone as a primary threat to someone looking to do something wrong to others. Why would someone want to be so identified?

Backstory: I was wearing a Navy peacoat (never in the Navy - just like the coat) which has some similarities to the uniform coat of the local police and a sort of uniform style shirt in chambray blue also somewhat similar to what local LEOs would wear. It stopped there as I was wearing jeans and suede desert boots and certainly no tie or hat. It never occurred to me someone would take me for a cop.
"Backstory: I was wearing a Navy peacoat (never in the Navy - just like the coat) which has some similarities to the uniform coat of the local police and a sort of uniform style shirt in chambray blue also somewhat similar to what local LEOs would wear. It stopped there as I was wearing jeans and suede desert boots and certainly no tie or hat. It never occurred to me someone would take me for a cop."

Simple answer? Work, employment and environment effect other choices and lifestyles including attire. Another very old example? Look at persons fingers, hands, they say much about people. More than clothing.

Back