testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

Oh I know. Jhad boxes and boxes of vinyl until the flood. Some rare and valuable stuff too. Like number #338 of 1000 hand signed copies of JD Blackfoot live in St. Louis. That one was pretty rare.

One of my main basses is a 1974 Rickenbacker 4001. I've had it since the early 80s. I've been offered 5 times what I paid for it.
Found this Beatle article hadn't read or seen before and somewhat surprised me a little, thought would share;

Found this Beatle article hadn't read or seen before and somewhat surprised me a little, thought would share;

I think I mentioned earlier that the only other online forum I participate in is a Beatles related forum. It was in fact the first web forum I ever participated in and I have been there for close to 15 years now. Members of every single decent Beatles tribute band were or are members there. Along with a few famous producers, engineers, musicians and musical directors. I won't name drop though. The one thing we all have in common is love and appreciation for The Beatles and their music. And a lot of these guys are very well versed in every bit of knowable minutae surrounding John, Paul, George and Ringo. So the stories in this article are something I am already familiar with.

In the 90s the BBC in partnership with Studio 1 did a series called " The Lost Lennon Tapes". It ran every Sunday evening for a few months. It was Elliot Mintz relaying the story of the break-up of The Beatles and John Lennon's life in the aftermath of it. I recorded every one of those episodes on cassette tape straight off the radio. There must be fifteen tapes in all and I still have them somewhere. This is where I first got my hands on full recordings of the songs - How Do You Sleep, Too Many People, 3 Legs, Sue Me Sue You Blues, etc..

The story of John and Paul's studio "Reunion" in LA during Lennon's " Lost Weekend" and the story of Paul popping in unexpectedly at The Dakota, culminating in John and Paul nearly showing up unexpectedly at the Saturday Night Live studios ( Paul had "Dropped in" to see Lennon before and was not allowed in, with John saying, " It's not the old days, you can't just turn up, you should have called") as well as the fact that the first person Yoko Ono called when Lennon was pronounced dead being Paul McCartney are important to Beatles fans because other than McCartney's statements after the fact ( And his memory seems to be sketchy on a lot of things as he has changed stories over the years about different events) they remain as solid evidence that John and Paul had came to terms and " Made up" for lack of a better term, before Lennon's death on Dec, 8, 1980.

Wow, there's 3 minutes you'll never get back eh? lol

I think I mentioned earlier that the only other online forum I participate in is a Beatles related forum. It was in fact the first web forum I ever participated in and I have been there for close to 15 years now. Members of every single decent Beatles tribute band were or are members there. Along with a few famous producers, engineers, musicians and musical directors. I won't name drop though. The one thing we all have in common is love and appreciation for The Beatles and their music. And a lot of these guys are very well versed in every bit of knowable minutae surrounding John, Paul, George and Ringo. So the stories in this article are something I am already familiar with.

In the 90s the BBC in partnership with Studio 1 did a series called " The Lost Lennon Tapes". It ran every Sunday evening for a few months. It was Elliot Mintz relaying the story of the break-up of The Beatles and John Lennon's life in the aftermath of it. I recorded every one of those episodes on cassette tape straight off the radio. There must be fifteen tapes in all and I still have them somewhere. This is where I first got my hands on full recordings of the songs - How Do You Sleep, Too Many People, 3 Legs, Sue Me Sue You Blues, etc..

The story of John and Paul's studio "Reunion" in LA during Lennon's " Lost Weekend" and the story of Paul popping in unexpectedly at The Dakota, culminating in John and Paul nearly showing up unexpectedly at the Saturday Night Live studios ( Paul had "Dropped in" to see Lennon before and was not allowed in, with John saying, " It's not the old days, you can't just turn up, you should have called") as well as the fact that the first person Yoko Ono called when Lennon was pronounced dead being Paul McCartney are important to Beatles fans because other than McCartney's statements after the fact ( And his memory seems to be sketchy on a lot of things as he has changed stories over the years about different events) they remain as solid evidence that John and Paul had came to terms and " Made up" for lack of a better term, before Lennon's death on Dec, 8, 1980.

Wow, there's 3 minutes you'll never get back eh? lol
Hah, figures, but sometimes never know too? I rarely name drop either, has to be very appropriate. Have heard some of what you said/wrote before too. I'm just into music itself, music history, the rest is interesting and just happens along the way?

Heard the Beatles announced as "Fab Four" way back when on 1st radio broadcast in my area and saw Beatles Ed Sullivan show appearance. Missed out on Shea Stadium event though. Were memorable events to me and so was my grandmother singing along with the Beatles tunes on kitchen radio. Not the missing 5th Beatle's voice by any means, but she could carry a tune very well! :)

Hah, no! Was 3 minutes worthwhile. Thanks!

Hah, figures, but sometimes never know too? I rarely name drop either, has to be very appropriate. Have heard some of what you said/wrote before too. I'm just into music itself, music history, the rest is interesting and just happens along the way?

Heard the Beatles announced as "Fab Four" way back when on 1st radio broadcast in my area and saw Beatles Ed Sullivan show appearance. Missed out on Shea Stadium event though. Were memorable events to me and so was my grandmother singing along with the Beatles tunes on kitchen radio. Not the missing 5th Beatle's voice by any means, but she could carry a tune very well! :)

Hah, no! Was 3 minutes worthwhile. Thanks!

I am referred to as a walking arsenal of useless knowledge by more than one person.

My brain houses so many unimportant details, names, dates, situations, etc. that I have very little room leftover for important things.

In a very general sense I can tell you what year literally hundreds of songs by different artists were released and what album they are on. (Modern times, say the last 20 years, not so much). Also for some ridiculous reason every name that I have ever seen flash across a TV screen is etched in my memory. A sitcom from the 70s-80s doesn't exist that I can't tell you the names of the actors. Along with most dramatic series. Pretty much anything I ever watched with any regularity. Need to know who played Rollo on Sanford and Son ? No problem, it was Nathaniel Taylor. :)

Back