testtest

Show off your Every Day Carry!

Stuff breaks and failures do happen. This Metalform mag came out of my Colt Combat Commander that I carry on occasion. I'm lucky it failed at the range and not out on some dark street or parking lot. It made me a believer in carrying an extra mag for no other reason than bad things can happen when one is less likely to expect it. I upgraded to Wilson mags soon after this event.

metalform.JPG

Stuff breaks and failures do happen. This Metalform mag came out of my Colt Combat Commander that I carry on occasion. I'm lucky it failed at the range and not out on some dark street or parking lot. It made me a believer in carrying an extra mag for no other reason than bad things can happen when one is less likely to expect it. I upgraded to Wilson mags soon after this event.

View attachment 15904
Oh, I understand the rational. I am just unwilling to put up with the additional discomfort.
Was the mag dropped repeatedly or just crushed in daily affairs?

It came with one of my 1911s, but I'm not aware that it was ever dropped. As you can see the base plate was not scratched and the tube was dented. From looking at the mag before hand you wouldn't have had any concerns. Metalform makes decent mags so go figure.

My RDC (Random Day Carry):
XDS 9, Alien Gear 4.0 IWB, CRKT Squid, plus truck keys, and phone. IFAK in the truck. Pistol stays home locked-up if I'm headed to school for grandkids, or hospital. Other miscellaneous stuff would include ballcap (all seasons), chapstick (all seasons), and a couple bottles of water (all seasons also).
View attachment 1065
I just bought the ShapeShift core kit for my XD subcompact. Love it.

Are you liking the Versacarry holster? I was never a fan of leather holsters, but I've ended up ordering three of them from Versacarry, They ride really nice on the hip and seem to not have to be broken in very much at all. I have two of the 2018 Commanders and a Black Vault Guardian one I just got yesterday for my Taurus G3. Nice holsters.
I have 5 Versacarry holsters. Live them.

Back