testtest

Cats

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
mountain-lion.jpg

Considering where I live I have griz, black bears and cats (aka lions) I keep my radar on mostly for cats vs the others. But the two bears require a different degree of situation awareness vs cats.

It's the young ones that haven't learned to hunt game that you really have to watch out for since they're real hungry and are desperate for food.

Considering where I live I have griz, black bears and cats (aka lions) I keep my radar on mostly for cats vs the others. But the two bears require a different degree of situation awareness vs cats.

It's the young ones that haven't learned to hunt game that you really have to watch out for since they're real hungry and are desperate for food.

Carry a big stick (aka gun).

Last year we had a mountain lion roaming around where I live in eastern Ohio, I actually saw it on a back road going to the store, reported it the our Sheriff Dept, they had several reports of it roaming around.

Had one when I was a kid living in our shed we were using for storage. Had a baby or two in there and thankfully we didn’t see it anymore after that. Had more trouble with rattlesnakes then them tho. Had a rattlesnake crawl into the house one night came through a hole in the vent ducting. Needless to say we did a nice job installing that new ducting the next day even tho it was cool outside.

We have had quite a few mountain lion sightings in our area.We have a lot of coyotes,bobcats,havalina pigs.and many sorts of snakes.There is so much brush & foliage in the foothills.You have to hope your situational awareness helps you know when they are around,but in reality.They at times can be very close to you & you wont know it.Ive been in my yard & had bobcats cross behind me & not even know it until my wife saw it out the window & told me.Part of living in the high desert.We have a resident king snake that hangs out,so we don't worry about the rattlers.I do find those pesky bark scorpians a pain in the butt

Our friendly california king snake.Free to roam our yard.His diet consists of rattlesnake.We leave him alone (including the dogs) any he keeps us safe.Good Trade !

Attachments

• WP_20150918_010.jpg
    WP_20150918_010.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 250
I have several bobcats around where I live and they too are sneaky suns a guns! There is a man that lives in Kansas that had a bobcat for a pet, along with his dogs they lived in harmony. He told me that one day someone came too visit him and had a dog with him. The dog was in the back of the pickup and saw the bobcat and jumped out and headed straight for it. The bobcat saw the dog running toward him and he in turn ran towards the dog. The fight was on, for a while anyway. It was a bad day for the dog, probably wished he stayed in the vehicle!

This man's Jit was legit.
Don't dis Chuck, because he his a relative of mine on my mother's dad's side as a brother to my great great grandfather. There were 3 brothers that came too America together! according to my Uncle (my mother's brother)!

Pennsylvania was once known to have Mountain Lions (in fact Penn State college football team is known as the Nittnay Lions (Nittnay being a mountain where mountain lions were based)). From what I understand, Mountain Lions in the state were hunted out of existance and haven't been seen in over hundred years of so. However in more recent times, people in the state have reported seeing them, but no evidence to date has been found to back these sightings. Below is an interesting article I found on Mountain lions in Arizona. And remember to always hike with a friend, as you don't have to outrun the mountain lion, you just have to outrun your friend 🏃‍♂️🥵

Back