testtest

Best compacts for EDC

Another new reason for the Hellcat today - they just release their 15 capacity magazines: https://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/HELLCAT-15-ROUND-MAGAZINE-9MM-280p2446.htm

Sig’s 365 series are still currently limited to 12 regardless of accusing Springfield of “Magazine Patent infringement” (SIG Sues Springfield for Infringing on the P365 Magazine Patent - USA Carry) which means, “They’re selling more guns than us!”
Sig’s retaliation makes me not what to buy any Sig products.

Another new reason for the Hellcat today - they just release their 15 capacity magazines: https://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/HELLCAT-15-ROUND-MAGAZINE-9MM-280p2446.htm

Sig’s 365 series are still currently limited to 12 regardless of accusing Springfield of “Magazine Patent infringement” (SIG Sues Springfield for Infringing on the P365 Magazine Patent - USA Carry) which means, “They’re selling more guns than us!”
Sig’s retaliation makes me not what to buy any Sig products.
Just to set the record straight, Sig announce the 15 round magazines for the P365 back 5/28/2019. I own both the Sig P365, P365xl and Hellcat non OSP. I find them all to be excellent firearms.
I‘ll wait with interest on seeing how the court case proceeds.

I think I finally found my perfect compact.
2164034B-2A65-4F90-AF0E-2855D2B551C6.jpeg

Wilson X9 EDC.

What I really want to know is this. Why can I get a xd-m elite 3.8 compact that is optic ready, but not a xd-m elite 3.8 full size that is optic ready??
That makes no sense, they are the exact same gun, except grip length, correct? Same slide and barrel?
I guess, I am leaning towards the full size, as I think I will run the full size mags even if I had the compact, but it would be nice to have the optics ready option, should I ever decide to do that.
That and the mag that is in between a compact and full size for the compact version are my two biggest suggestions to Springfield. Now if they would like to send me versions of all their fire arms and of all new ones in the future, I would be happy to critique for them on a fire arms for opinion basis. :) :)
Otherwise my salary requirements are pretty steep as I am getting older and need to retire in style. :) :)
Pure guess but I’m thinking that will come out eventually. Nobody releases their entire model line at once.

Just to set the record straight, Sig announce the 15 round magazines for the P365 back 5/28/2019. I own both the Sig P365, P365xl and Hellcat non OSP. I find them all to be excellent firearms.
I‘ll wait with interest on seeing how the court case proceeds.

Thanks for mentioning that. I forgot Sig sold an extend 15 round magazine: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/sigs-new-extended-p365-mags-ready-to-ship/

My Glock 29 is too big for this thread and for extended carry. When I want comfort, I also opt for the XDS in 9mm in a Black Arch Protos holster. Super comfy and doesn't hurt my stomach even if I wear it day after day after day.

And because I have giant hands, I had to order the Pearce extension for my tiny mags. Makes it WAY more shootable.

My typical EDC is a Shield M&P 2.0 in .45 in either a Versacarry Zero Bulk IWB or a Tagua super soft IWB. I also have a bunch of OWB holsters if the mood hits me to carry that way. I have also carried a SA Loaded 1911 OWB. I recently bought a SA XD mod.2 that will be joining the rotation as well.

I have an SD M Elite 4.5 that I love love for HD and the outdoor range . I use the smaller Backstrap for more comfort with my small hands . Also Lt handed right eye dominant but shoot well with right hand . Trying to decide re EDC, trying to find ambidextrous controls like SA S mod, or other brand ? H&K VP9, adapt technique , or just shoot left handed with hellcat or sig P365 etc . Understand such a personal decision but would like advice for short list for renting at the range. Short med build so concealment size vs recoil a concern .

Back