testtest

Search results

  1. Hertervillian

    AR15 Recoil Reduction

    2 lines of thinking here. Number 1 get yourself a solid heavy suppressor mounted on that rifle. Weight and sound reduction and the recoil reduction all work in your favor. Number 2 is a serious recalibration of your personal recoil meter. I am willing to offer up 10 rounds of 180gr 300WM to...
  2. Hertervillian

    What’s a firearm everyone seems to love that just didn’t work for you?

    Probably the wrong place to bring it up, but. Springfield XD SC9mm trigger like squeezing a rotten acorn, I imagine with a little work the slide could be located higher over the grip. It had a feature set the wife liked , so there is that.
  3. Hertervillian

    Discussion: Bridget Stalked on the Trail

    Never going alone… Many times that is the sole reason to get out in the woods. Arming yourself is acknowledging that there is some risk involved, that risk is sorta the point of alone.
  4. Hertervillian

    Locally Sourced "Tomahawk"

    A blind hole seems odd. I’m not sure I’d ever quit thinking about it when I used it. But I’m not looking at it.
  5. Hertervillian

    Discussion: Winter Emergency Car Kit - Are You Ready?

    40 mile trip to work here in MN. The weather has been known to get lousy. I’ve been prepared for 25 years now. Never needed to deploy any supplies for my own use, which kinda breeds some complacency on my part. However helping out a few people over the years is a good reminder. Rescued a young...
  6. Hertervillian

    Ruger Mark III Competition Target: An Icon .22LR Pistol

    You sir, have saved quite a bit of typing. I’m reminded of one of the 100 iconic Doc Holiday lines. “Should I hate it” paraphrased of course. It’s a handsome pistol, and has fits and starts of running quite well. There is a MK4 for good reason.
  7. Hertervillian

    The Story of the .30-30 Winchester: America’s Original Deer Cartridge

    It’s got as much to do with the lever action rifles chambered for the cartridge as the cartridge itself. Those guns are endearing. They also happen to be very capable hunting tools.
  8. Hertervillian

    Single-Stage or Two-Stage Trigger: Which One is Right for You?

    The more time I spend on a 2 stage the better I like them. My Weatherby Vanguard showed me what a decent 2 stage could be, that led me to a couple Geisele replacement triggers.
  9. Hertervillian

    Magnum in the Middle: Why the .41 Magnum Should Be More Popular

    I’m on my second .41 mag. Bought with the intention of a capable stopper when I’m not carrying a rifle. 1st had a 6 1/2” barrel and proved to be awkward to carry, and would start dragging my pants off. After looking at 400 reloads in the cabinet for a few years I decided to get a 4 1/2”...
  10. Hertervillian

    all those precious citrus groves gone and for what..???

    Choices, I’ve not been there nor have I worked there. It was a touch and go thing when the Disney press gangs came through town. They don’t go into bars, who knew?
  11. Hertervillian

    Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

    As some may recall Southern Illinois is known as Little Egypt. As an SIU alumni I’m duty bound to spread this message, and what better way to remember this? That side glance, nobody’s gonna forget that 😉.
  12. Hertervillian

    Hiking Safety: Danger Lurks with Every Step

    These things have gotten more of my attention as I’ve gotten older. Personal experiences as well as friends show you just what can happen. Surviving the initial experience goes a long way towards avoiding a second event when you’re too old and slow or by yourself.
  13. Hertervillian

    SHTF Scenario Definition

    Years ago, heck decades ago now I guess, we lost power for a week. My first introduction to SHTF on a personal level. Pretty inconvenient but it put the thought in me that I should be more prepared. But, I was financially stressed at that time, renting and new kid. Putting in a pantry full was...
  14. Hertervillian

    Involuntary Vasectomy

    Every time I reholster I’m reminded how much I like a hammer fired pistol. P-365 pointed out how much I rely on riding the hammer.
  15. Hertervillian

    New Gun Safe For The Vehicle

    They are an investment no doubt. I’ve jammed 5 scoped bolt guns in mine, using socks for a cushion. Western hunting trips with a couple hotels convinced me that something should be done, armloads of rifles going through the lobby just draws unwanted attention as far as I’m concerned. Off season...
  16. Hertervillian

    Should you STAY or should you GO?

    I thought I moved to nowhere, i knew better, but compromise is a thing. It’s fairly likely a shelter at home strategy would be deployed. Taking a few days to see which way the winds blow to make final decisions. I’ll be piping some banjo music into the surrounding area, if they know they know...
  17. Hertervillian

    New Gun Safe For The Vehicle

    I’ve been using these for >10 years in 2 different trucks. Serious lock boxes, nothing is absolute but a guy isn’t going to grab this without a plan.
  18. Hertervillian

    New Gun Safe For The Vehicle

    I’m good with my current setup. But this looks like a great option, especially in the hatchback segment. Toss in a stuffy, and a happy meal bag and it would be damn hard to recognize the deception.
Back
Top