USMC6094
Professional
I was perusing one of my favorite local vendor malls and picked up a rather bland hatchet/tomahawk.
Once I got it home and really got a good look at it, the head was loose, and it took about an hour to get the thing off the handle.
The genius who constructed this thing wasn't smart enough to figure out that adhesive (epoxy apparently) doesn't flow UP. Imagine my surprise when I got the head off the shaft.
Once I get the dried epoxy out of the top of the head, it's depth will be measured, the shaft cut accordingly, a countersunk hole drilled in the top of the head, then Gorilla glued, and set screw screwed into the handle.
Only preface is setting the blade angles to put an edge on the blades.
Once I got it home and really got a good look at it, the head was loose, and it took about an hour to get the thing off the handle.
The genius who constructed this thing wasn't smart enough to figure out that adhesive (epoxy apparently) doesn't flow UP. Imagine my surprise when I got the head off the shaft.
Once I get the dried epoxy out of the top of the head, it's depth will be measured, the shaft cut accordingly, a countersunk hole drilled in the top of the head, then Gorilla glued, and set screw screwed into the handle.
Only preface is setting the blade angles to put an edge on the blades.