testtest

Search results

  1. fordag

    Should I carry a spare magazine

    I used my 1911 Mil-Spec during the student and instructor class for the new CCW certification. Roughly 600 rounds between the two classes. The course requires you to reload from slide lock on multiple occasions. This puts an enormous amount of stress on the front foot of the base plate of the...
  2. fordag

    Oh for a long gun

    36" barrel is awfully long for a Jäger rifle. They are also ill informed on the history behind the name of the Jäger.
  3. fordag

    Oh for a long gun

    Pederosoli makes the best commercial blackpowder rifles, pistols, shotguns and also kits of the aforementioned. For specialized kits I would go to http://therifleshoppe.com/ The Rifle Shoppe has an enormous selection of kits available. You will have to wait though, they also have a decent...
  4. fordag

    Dumb Dumb!

    I've done a similar thing. I was shooting my M1A off a weighted nylon bag rest and did not realize the small gas port just forward of the handguard was venting right into the rest. After a single magazine it had cut a slash right through the heavy nylon rest and weighted pellets started...
  5. fordag

    Discussion: How To Use the Hellcat RDP Compensator

    An important aspect of that comparison video would be the need to use ammunition that's really going to take advantadge of a compensator. Specifically +P as was used in the originally posted video. Also have some fabric immediately to the side of the pistol, just as it would be in a speed rock...
  6. fordag

    Can Browning's Masterpiece Be Surpassed?

    The major thing that keeps me coming back to the 1911 as my primary carry gun is the ergonomics of it. It fits my hand better than any other pistol I've used. The thumb safety is perfectly under my thumb, I can reach the magazine release with a slight twist, slide in a fresh magazine and my...
  7. fordag

    DeSantis 1911 holsters - now molded specifically for SIG profile slides.

    I would be very surprised to learn that holsters for SIG 1911s with the SIG slide profile out sell all standard 1911s holsters. Even SIG doesn't make all of their 1911s with that profile. As you said, weird.
  8. fordag

    DeSantis 1911 holsters - now molded specifically for SIG profile slides.

    I agree they made oustanding products. Apparently just not for 1911 pistols anymore. Unless you own a SIG 1911. I spoke with a customer service rep after the email. Apparently the decision was made about a year ago to mold all of their 1911 holsters for SIG profile 1911s.
  9. fordag

    Non-Gun Hand Drills

    Ahh the Columbus method of typing. Go out in search of a letter and land on it. With the best of efforts it's still often not the letter you intended to land on. It's served me well for years.
  10. fordag

    Discussion: How To Use the Hellcat RDP Compensator

    Good to know.
  11. fordag

    DeSantis 1911 holsters - now molded specifically for SIG profile slides.

    I just purchased a DeSantis Mad Max for my Mil-Spec. I was surprised when I received it to see that the holster was clearly molded for a SIG Sauer 1911 and not the standard slide profile. The holster fails the drop test, hold it upside down and the gun s slide right out. You can see light...
  12. fordag

    Discussion: How To Use the Hellcat RDP Compensator

    That seems like a light spring for .450 SMC.
  13. fordag

    Discussion: How To Use the Hellcat RDP Compensator

    I would not have a carry gun with a compensator or porting. I will never forget being on a night fire qualification course and one of the agents present had his newly magna ported .357 revolver. Well the first rounds of the course were fired from retention. He did his speed rock and fired...
  14. fordag

    Milt Sparks most comfortable IWB holster for Government Model

    Thanks for the information.
  15. fordag

    Milt Sparks most comfortable IWB holster for Government Model

    What makes the SS better for you than the EC? Also to be specific is it the SS or the SS2? I know the SS2 has a sweat guard while my understanding is the SS does not.
  16. fordag

    Milt Sparks most comfortable IWB holster for Government Model

    The trick is simple, I'm 5'11" & 215. I don't even notice it in the right holster.
  17. fordag

    Driving with a Handgun: Best Practices

    Andrews Custom Leather - Carjacker Crossdraw
  18. fordag

    Milt Sparks most comfortable IWB holster for Government Model

    Going through my holsters for my 1911s I was only able to find about 2 dozen... So obviously I need a new one. I'm going to order a new holster from Milt Sparks and I wanted to hear from folks with experience with some of their IWB holsters. Specifically the Summer Special 2, Executives...
  19. fordag

    Classics That Are Worth Reading?

    The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King) by J.R.R. Tolkien I reread them every few years. I read them annually when I was in the military. The Sherlock Holmes stories & novellas by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Dracula by Bram Stoker...
  20. fordag

    Discussion: Ayoob: Is the .45 Obsolete?

    They've been writing about .45 vs 9mm since about 1898. Of course then it was .45 Long Colt vs. .38 Long Colt, still the same argument. They'll be writing the same article for the next 123 years. Comparing whatever new wonder gun being made then to the .45 and the 1911 still being made.
Back
Top