testtest

Search results

  1. fordag

    Discussion: Ayoob: Is the .45 Obsolete?

    My choice of the .45 over 9mm or .40 was cemented back when I shot pin matches (late 80's-early 90's). Knocking a full weight bowling pin 3 feet back off a a table was never a problem for the .45 ACP. 9mm took two hits to do it and .40 could go either way. I've carried a .45 since then and...
  2. fordag

    NEWBIE NEEDS ADVISE

    -I did not say that you said anything. I pasted the title of the article I linked to. -I know what was written in the few articles I've read on the recent bear attack. Do you know more than what was reported? What are your sources? -I did not say "bear spray is junk science" I posted a link...
  3. fordag

    Novak sights - why?

    Interesting take, so why are they still around and being put on new guns? I had been taught one handed racking using my belt and the rear sight long before Novaks were introduced.
  4. fordag

    Novak sights - why?

    What is your preferred method for racking the slide with one hand?
  5. fordag

    NEWBIE NEEDS ADVISE

    “The claim that bear spray works better than a firearm to protect you from bears is junk science” https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-truth-about-bear-spray-vs-bullets/ Just last month a woman in Saskatchewan, Canada was killed by a black bear. When her husband sprayed the bear with bear...
  6. fordag

    NEWBIE NEEDS ADVISE

    I would suggest an inexpensive .22 caliber pistol. Anything else is going to help you build a good flinch that can stay with you for the rest of your life. Go to the range regularly and practice with it.
  7. fordag

    Novak sights - why?

    Why are Novak sights still being put on pistols intended for combat use? Since their introduction I have never been a fan of Novak sights. That snag free ramp rear sight is the problem. The problem being that it is too snag free. I was taught that you may need to be able to operate your...
Back
Top