testtest

Search results

  1. C

    After all is said and done, don't discount the smallbore pistol.

    This is the imperative when it comes to the subcaliber handguns. It is far easier to perform a magazine dump into the sinus cavity/eye socket region at 3 feet. The element of surprise can be of great help. You can go from victim to bun-of-a-sitch in as little as three seconds. Bada beep...
  2. C

    After all is said and done, don't discount the smallbore pistol.

    This is why you empty the pistol into the brain pan. It enhances the probability of the BG's demise.
  3. C

    After all is said and done, don't discount the smallbore pistol.

    That it will. The .25 was created during the time when an intestinal would, more often than not, result in sepsis and a painful, lingering death.
  4. C

    After all is said and done, don't discount the smallbore pistol.

    BINGO! At a range of 1-yard it can disable/kill without difficulty. A well-placed shot can quickly be lethal. (BTW, a smallbore is generally considered .32" or smaller).
  5. C

    After all is said and done, don't discount the smallbore pistol.

    Reliability and shot placement are key. Reliability is where the .25 shines. JMB was nobody's fool. Back in the day a gut shot virtually guaranteed a slow and painful demise. "Excedrin headache #25" could be fatal as well.
  6. C

    After all is said and done, don't discount the smallbore pistol.

    No matter what people (including John Cooper) say, being shot with a full-tilt (read 800+fps) .25 ACP 50-grain FMJ to the head can prove fatal. JMB engineered it to replicate the .22 Long Rifle from a 2-inch barrel. It may not be optimal, but I wouldn't volunteer to be a "test dummy" to test...
  7. C

    Holy cow .. 1985 Vest Demo

    Let me thin... NO!
  8. C

    Do hammers really beat strikers?

    Not without a forklift.
  9. C

    Do hammers really beat strikers?

    DON'T DRAG MY SISTER-IN-LAW INTO THIS!
  10. C

    We are heartbroken

    I understand. May God give you peace. g\
  11. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    https://www.shootingnewsweekly.com/gun-review/the-thunder-32-bersas-best-kept-secret/ Read this and respond.
  12. C

    Do hammers really beat strikers?

    I prefer the hammer-fired pistols. This is a personal choice/preference.
  13. C

    The Tomahawk – The Origin and Future

    I knew of men who used them in the Vietnam Conflict. There were custom versions make strictly for killing. Properly used, they scared the hell out of the Vietcong and the NVA soldiers alike. With good training and proper tactics, the Army Rangers and Sat Cong could, and did, routinely frighten...
  14. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    The Bersa TPR9 Series is a full-sized framed handgun. The XT version is their "competition" edition. I have watched people shoot them and they are a "soft shooting" piece regardless of the load used. They are reliable, accurate and come with 5 magazines.
  15. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    I own this pistol. The TPR9XT is .75" longer in slide/barrel.
  16. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    I already have the TPR9. I believe the TPR9XT can fit most of the SIG holsters. I have four Bersa pistols, (2 Thunder 380's, a Thunder .32 and a TPR9) they all run just fine. I could come to enjoy the TPR9XT even more than my Browning Hi-Power clone.
  17. C

    Opinions? Comments?

    For a "full-sized" carry piece, this seems as if it is a viable unit.
  18. C

    Full size concealed carry.

    Are you better off carrying a larger handgun under your jacket/coat or a smaller piece? I think that the larger the piece is, the easier more controllable (and accurate) the response. (And people wonder why I almost always wear a sport jacket.)
  19. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    Why? Aren't 10 rounds enough?
  20. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    I keep watching videos about the Bersa TPR9XT. It keeps looking better and better. (A longer barreled version of the TPR9 with adjustable sights is very appealing.)
Back
Top