You have that right! The F-18 Super Hornet airframe may be relatively common, but the electronic gear is extremely costly! The Navy will pay dearly to replace those jamming pods and other data-gathering equipment.
This isn't good at all.
DAMN! VAQ-129 was MY outfit! We never had this problem with the EA6B "Prowler" (Grumman-manufactured) airframe subsonic aircraft. Someone "boned the pooch". I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when coming up before the Old Man.
There will be a lot of 'splainin' to do! (Good luck with that.)
I believe he will die in obscurity. Most of the pieces of human ordure usually do. They are the "useful idiots" of the Socialist/Communist persuasion, and are as useful as a discarded cigarette filter. (He'll likely smell just as bad, too.)
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
950 fps with a 210-grain projectile = 420 fpe. Plenty of penetration, accompanied by low recoil. The Lehigh all-copper bullet will breach everything needed without expansion. Tissue disruption is assured. Dead malefactor.
What more can one ask?
I believe the 210-grain 950 fps load was Elmer Keith's best effort at creating the "perfect" service revolver cartridge.
I see using a 1000 fps, 210-grain Lehigh-configured copper bullet would:
provide the best accuracy,
penetrate adequately,
proportionately disrupt tissue.
These are the...
I would prefer to see a reintroduction of the 10mm Magnum Cartridge. A 210-220 grain bullet Soft Point or Extreme Penetrator (of solid copper construction) would fare extremely well in the northern hinterlands of Alaska.
Moose is the greatest threat. Alaskan Brown Bears usually leave people...
The .45 Remington-Thompson was experimental and wasn't very successful.
.45 Remington–Thompson
Add languages
Article
Talk
Read
Edit
View history
Tools
Experimental military round
1923
.45 ACP
.447 in (11.4 mm)[1]
1 in (25 mm) (about 1⁄8 in (3.2 mm) longer than...
Everyone seems to forget that one should put a stronger mainspring (hammer spring) and a flat-bottomed firing pin retainer to prevent frame battering when the slide reaches its apex. You also need to remove the "bridge" of metal above the hole in the frame. If one puts a stronger hammer spring...
The conditions may not have been optimal, but that's no reason to **** and moan over them. It won't last forever, and it will be a true "sea story" you can repeat with pride for the rest of your life. This is how "old salts" reveal who they are, and what they're made from.
Fair winds, and...
If you are a man of faith, rest easy in the knowledge that those children are resting in the Bosom of Abraham. God knows who they are; they await your departure from this realm and will meet you someday.
Keep the faith, brother. God will reward you in the end.
Mike,
I was stateside from 1973 on. The War dragged on until May 30th, 1975. I was prepared to go 'in country' when I enlisted.
We need to remember what happened to everyone. I'll be damned if the freaking hippies didn't treat us all as if we were violent killers. It was kill or be killed...
Time marches on. People seem to think that the father doesn't feel the same pain as the mother. Nothing could be further from the truth. As my wife was being transported to the hospital, we heard the paramedics radio in the report that the twins were "not viable". I knew they were premature, but...
I was sworn into the Navy on July 19th, 1973 (53 years, one month ago today). We are blood forever, Marine. Semper FI; fair winds and following seas, brother.
May God be with you, and may His countenance shine down upon you. May He give you peace.